List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think we need to make any big play on any recruit in that our deficiency isn't solved with one or two players but adoption of a new gameplan that is most suited to the modern game. So our team work against Richmond is the blueprint but then again we wouldn't have beaten the real richmond side if Alex Rance, Riewoldt, Nakervis played in that Brown would prob be shut down to 2 goals and thompson has to deal with one of riewolt or lynch so less goals kicked by us and more from them. Also richmond had a whole swathe of little tier 2 players out and that is a much bigger out as richmond's greatest strength is their A+ qualities support cast. Still if we might have gotten over the line against a full strength richmond side, but more likely 2 goal loss. So our most pressing need is to get the full court press game-style into the whole team and the VFL is the perfect opportunity to develop the role playing skills of the specific players we need in the A team.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Our number 1 out of contract target needs to be Jack Martin or Jack Billings

Brad Crouch free agent next year we should enquire about also to see if we can get a year early

Papley is good but the above should be prioritised

I feel we maybe having a sniff around Martin, but yeah we did that once before.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think we need to make any big play on any recruit in that our deficiency isn't solved with one or two players but adoption of a new gameplan that is most suited to the modern game. So our team work against Richmond is the blueprint but then again we wouldn't have beaten the real richmond side if Alex Rance, Riewoldt, Nakervis played in that Brown would prob be shut down to 2 goals and thompson has to deal with one of riewolt or lynch so less goals kicked by us and more from them. Also richmond had a whole swathe of little tier 2 players out and that is a much bigger out as richmond's greatest strength is their A+ qualities support cast. Still if we might have gotten over the line against a full strength richmond side, but more likely 2 goal loss. So our most pressing need is to get the full court press game-style into the whole team and the VFL is the perfect opportunity to develop the role playing skills of the specific players we need in the A team.
:eek:

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Say no to named targetting, for one they will not come, two when we fail, we look more and more less likely to be a destination club, 3 our problems are not solved by 1 player even if that person is Josh Kelly. But then again, when we fix the team issue, we will quickly rise up the ladder, make a final, win a game or two, maybe even a prelim, then the bigger named players will come. Dominoes will fall our way, let's we fluke a flag, then we will mostly likely land a josh kelly. At the moment, waste not the time on big names. I understand the big fuss with deal of lifetime to Martin and Kelly in 2017 while genuine offers also had the purpose of taking the attention from our bottom 4 position. People were talking about North the team with big bucks throwing at top players and seen as a daring but low chance type move and not scrutinizing why we were a bottom 4 team. The gaff thing also had somewhat of a 2nd purpose of showing us as daring to do the big deal. This year we are not doing too badly and we have a new coach hence we can start from the ground up. We got a few of mid range trade, need to integrate them. Perhaps this year is not about who comes in but who goes out. Goldstein i think should go to st kilda to further deepen our cap space. Retire wright as his ankle is not getting better and we have mcdonald to replace him. Mcmillan needs to go as we have pittard to take his place. Daw and Jacobs need to be cut as i don't think they will ever get back to their best and they are nearing 30. We DO need to get another highly skilled small defender, perhaps Higgins could fill that role to end his career but i think his best position to finish off his career is half forward. Campbell looks a very physical ruckman with lots of presence around the ground, him in tendem with larkey looks a good tag team and also his style would complement our rather 'blue collar' and 'agrarian' methods (see math vs richmond, they were physically outplayed). With the likes anderson, ziebell, cunnington, zurhaar, turner and garner when fit, we have a good half a dozen very physical individuals to force the issues.

Say no to named targetting, for one they will not come, two when we fail, we look more and more less likely to be a destination club, 3 our problems are not solved by 1 player even if that person is Josh Kelly. But then again, when we fix the team issue, we will quickly rise up the ladder, make a final, win a game or two, maybe even a prelim, then the bigger named players will come. Dominoes will fall our way, let's we fluke a flag, then we will mostly likely land a josh kelly. At the moment, waste not the time on big names. I understand the big fuss with deal of lifetime to Martin and Kelly in 2017 while genuine offers also had the purpose of taking the attention from our bottom 4 position. People were talking about North the team with big bucks throwing at top players and seen as a daring but low chance type move and not scrutinizing why we were a bottom 4 team. The gaff thing also had somewhat of a 2nd purpose of showing us as daring to do the big deal. This year we are not doing too badly and we have a new coach hence we can start from the ground up. We got a few of mid range trade, need to integrate them. Perhaps this year is not about who comes in but who goes out. Goldstein i think should go to st kilda to further deepen our cap space. Retire wright as his ankle is not getting better and we have mcdonald to replace him. Mcmillan needs to go as we have pittard to take his place. Daw and Jacobs need to be cut as i don't think they will ever get back to their best and they are nearing 30. We DO need to get another highly skilled small defender, perhaps Higgins could fill that role to end his career but i think his best position to finish off his career is half forward. Campbell looks a very physical ruckman with lots of presence around the ground, him in tendem with larkey looks a good tag team and also his style would complement our rather 'blue collar' and 'agrarian' methods (see math vs richmond, they were physically outplayed). With the likes anderson, ziebell, cunnington, zurhaar, turner and garner when fit, we have a good half a dozen very physical individuals to force the issues.

Your walls of text are flawed in numerous places.

Not just the content but the structure as well.

I mean I'm sure you're trying to tell us something you think is important. I'll be f***ed if I know what it is.

Within your thesis you said $hit like:

We beat a team, but we wouldn't beat them, but maybe we'd beat them.
We don't need to target anyone, we have deficiency maybe we need some one, suggest square peg round hole.

58 word sentences? Your posts give me rabies.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Your walls of text are flawed in numerous places.

Not just the content but the structure as well.

I mean I'm sure you're trying to tell us something you think is important. I'll be f***ed if I know what it is.

Within your thesis you said $hit like:

We beat a team, but we wouldn't beat them, but maybe we'd beat them.
We don't need to target anyone, we have deficiency maybe we need some one, suggest square peg round hole.

58 word sentences? Your posts give me rabies.

It's a Richmond troll. Join date was around the peak time of the Dusty saga. It also explains the consistent cluelessness about our players & list.

It's a Richmond troll. Join date was around the peak time of the Dusty saga. It also explains the consistent cluelessness about our players & list.
Maybe. I think it is more likely an iteration of a whacky poster that was banned out some time ago.

Edit, if it is a troll it's a pretty obscure one. Given the posting style.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Aidan Bonar would be a great get. Played U18s with LDU. Wont get a look in at GWS.

Mid/forward. Loves a tackle.

Mate, we are flush with mid/forwards.

Who does he put out of the side? Ziebell, Cunnington, Higgins, Simpkin, Thomas, Walker, Scott or LDU?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He has just turned 20.

Yeah, but that's already ~20% of the list & Simpkin, Thomas, Walker, Scott or LDU range between 18 to 21. You can add in Ahern (22), and even Zurhaar (21) if his tank improves by the same factor again.

You wouldn't knock him back if he asked to trade to North, but I can't see him showing up on any North target charts.

Our priorities are ruckmen, quick midfielders & possibly another KPP project.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Offer Taranto an offer he can't refuse.

GWS are going to have a huge amount of cap space tied up with Kelly, Coniglio & Cameron

No need. We have enough inside coming through, and JK will arrive in late 2021.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No need. We have enough inside coming through, and JK will arrive in late 2021.

You still convinced Kelly is coming?

Best thing about Taranto is that he is capable inside & out. He is a very balanced midfielder much like Kelly. It's what makes him to appealing to our list.

I don't believe that he is gettable, but he would be the one I would throw the kitchen sink at if we decided to go that way.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You still convinced Kelly is coming?

Yes.

Best thing about Taranto is that he is capable inside & out. He is a very balanced midfielder much like Kelly. It's what makes him to appealing to our list.

I don't believe that he is gettable, but he would be the one I would throw the kitchen sink at if we decided to go that way.

Cunnington & Ziebell still have 5 years, Jed/Tyson 7 years & LDU/Jy/TT will arrive in the next 12-24 months, and JK will join them.

Then there's still BJ, Ahern and Kyron.

We don’t need to recruit just because they are out of contract. We need to recruit for a specific need basis. We needed outside run we went after Polec.
We have to stop recruiting players when we already have multiple good options.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Get the best key position defender available.

I reckon we should actually target a quality tweener type. Tazz could have another 5 years, B-Mac is waiting & Durdin could turn the corner still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back