Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
1560155800054.png

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Good start hopefully he follows through now to not only suspend Setka's membership but expel him from the Labor Party Membership. That already puts Albo way ahead of Bill Shorten and Victorian Labor Premier Daniel Andrews who have continued to accept Setka's thuggish, sexist and lawless behaviour for years and years on end.

FFS Kane read the articles, what you think happened is not what happened unless you think the AFP boss is a bare faced liar. Sorry but I'm taking the word of the bloke in charge of the AFP over an obvious Dutton hater who really doesn't have a clue as to the facts. I'm not trying to tell you anything but the AFP boss is, whether you want to believe him or not is up to you.
Did you or jo172 see Mediawatch last night?

If so, would is your opinion on national security v public interest...

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

I'd sooner pokes pins in both my ears and eyes than watch and listen to that pompous partisan lefty biased F L O G Paul Barry so that's a most definite NO.

I'd sooner pokes pins in both my ears and eyes than watch and listen to that half smart partisan lefty biased F L O G Paul Barry so that's a most definite NO.
You should get some balance in your life from the Fox nightly crew. ;)

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks

Haven't watched Mediawatch since they sacked Stewart Littlemore.

And I haven't expressed any views as to whether the raids were a good thing.

Just the suggestions that they happened at the order of or involving Dutton were the stuff of paranoid fantasy and betrayed a fundamental misunderstanding of the law.

Haven't watched Mediawatch since they sacked Stewart Littlemore.

And I haven't expressed any views as to whether the raids were a good thing.

Just the suggestions that they happened at the order of or involving Dutton were the stuff of paranoid fantasy and betrayed a fundamental misunderstanding of the law.
Forget the law & whether Dutton knew what was going on... what exactly is the national security interest they are protecting? More like government embarrassment they are trying to keep quiet from the public!

Thanks fo your concern but if it involves that pompous biased P R I C K Paul Barry leave me right out.
You could be describing Bolt or Jones. ;)

In all seriousness, this has nothing to do with national security & all to do with covering up... which is abuse of what the laws were intended for.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

That is pretty funny. I watched a bit of Kenny on Media last night and it shows Barry Cassidy supporting that very strongly against Piers Ackerman and then doing a complete 180 going off his tree about the recent raids. I liked Barry, thought he was far too partisan years ago but then he was pretty reasonable during the Krudd/Gillard/Krudd debacle. But the 2 segments back to back was pretty spectacular.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Richo & the other crazy one I think.

Can't say I tune in much...
They actually have a few, Keneally used to have a show. Conroy is a regular, Troy Branson, I can’t remember the name of another regular but he used to be a staffer I think, Dee Madighan and there are others.

Sure they have a conservative leaning but they also give Labor friendlies a go, nothing like the ABC and their lack of conservatives.

They actually have a few, Keneally used to have a show. Conroy is a regular, Troy Branson, I can’t remember the name of another regular but he used to be a staffer I think, Dee Madighan and there are others.

Sure they have a conservative leaning but they also give Labor friendlies a go, nothing like the ABC and their lack of conservatives.
Sure, but I just don't find them informative to listen to & more agenda driven.

Each to their own.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Former Gillard staffer/adviser Nicholas Reece has his own show as well. And where did the ABC go to get a Cassidy replacement do you reckon? Yep you guessed it.....SKY

Peter Beattie had his own show to until he took up the NRL job

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Former Gillard staffer/adviser Nicholas Reece has his own show as well. And where did the ABC go to get a Cassidy replacement do you reckon? Yep you guessed it.....SKY

Peter Beattie had his own show to until he took up the NRL job
Reece, that’s the guy

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
A Fish rots from the head down first...

Disagree about the relevant of that metaphor in these circumstances.

It is a movement as a whole, but particularly in the construction industry that thrives on intimidation and lawlessness. It's not a problem with one person, Setka, but the Union and its philosophy as a whole.

They're legitimized bikies (and often not legitimized bikies as well).

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NSW Labor keeping up the long held tradition as being the most corrupt Parliamentary organisation in the land.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06...payment-to-chris-minns/11191042?sf214175774=1

Chris Bowen and Chris Minns in spotlight over six-figure donation from Beijing-linked association
1560303696315.png

A rising Labor star running for leadership of the NSW party received a $5,000 "moving expenses" payment as part of a six-figure donation to Labor by an association linked to a Sydney businessman with deep links to the Chinese Communist Party, the ABC can reveal.
Key points:
  • According to an ALP invoice, the $5,000 payment was taken out of a $100,000 donation from a community association run by Frank Chou to Labor's federal health spokesman Chris Bowen in 2013
  • Mr Chou is one of Sydney's highest profile Chinese-Australian businessmen and has abiding connections to Beijing's influence-peddling machine, the United Front Works Department
  • He tells the ABC the donation may have been made of behalf of one or more "businessmen friends", which could be a breach of federal electoral law

The $5,000 payment to Labor MP Chris Minns also raised questions for Labor's federal health spokesman Chris Bowen, who was the beneficiary of the $100,000 donation from which Mr Minns's payment was drawn.
The donation and payment were the latest in a series of disturbing allegations regarding Chinese Communist Party influence exerted over Australian politicians via large donations from Beijing-backed businessmen, including the occasional payment of politicians' personal expenses.
Two party insiders described the payment as unusual, while others said the airing of old incidents was an example of how toxic the NSW branch of the Labor Party has become as it chooses a new parliamentary leader.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Perhaps our resident wine buff kirky can fill us in on the "donated" bottle of Penfolds Grange 2002 by the Chinese businessman mentioned in the article above?? Good drop kirky

1560304071065.png

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Disagree about the relevant of that metaphor in these circumstances.

It is a movement as a whole, but particularly in the construction industry that thrives on intimidation and lawlessness. It's not a problem with one person, Setka, but the Union and its philosophy as a whole.

They're legitimized bikies (and often not legitimized bikies as well).
1560304785998.png

NSW Labor keeping up the long held tradition as being the most corrupt Parliamentary organisation in the land.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06...payment-to-chris-minns/11191042?sf214175774=1

Chris Bowen and Chris Minns in spotlight over six-figure donation from Beijing-linked association
View attachment 690899
We just need to get rid of political donations & pay the parties a higher amount per election vote.

The Chinese have infiltrated both side of politics to try & influence outcomes, & we need to put in measures to stop this before it becomes completely out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back