• Gold Coast (Gabba)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Geelong (Gabba)

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Richmond (MCG)

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At the start of the season looking at the draw a fair portion of our board including me were worried we might go into the Q clash at 0-5, and it was thought that over the 2nd half of the season our draw would open up the possibilities of more wins.

As it stands now it's looking like we'll be winning less games in the 2nd half of the season than the 1st.
Ain’t it funny, how things change?

braddsey

Club Legend
May 11, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I’m thinking we should pencil in 4 out of 5 wins at home. Takes us to 11 wins. So to make finals we need 2 more from St Kilda, Port & Hawthorn as what I would consider realistic chances.
At this point of the season, i’ll be disappointed if we don’t finish with at least 12 wins (barring key injuries).

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If we win after the bye against the Saints, my lid will be off again.

Sorry if I'm a bit of a premature lid popper-offerer.

The Saints game for mine is the biggie. Not just because it's the next game which is always the most important, but we more likely than not will need to snag a couple of away wins.

Lose that one & things get rather tough, we probably have to win every home game & still one more away from home. I'm not just going to assume the Hawks is a given either lol.

Gee I’m struggling to find 6 we win, at the moment to have us on 5 wins from that list. Means 12 for the year and probably missing finals

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

12 wins gets in more often than not. Only two misses since the move to 18 teams. 13 wins has always gotten in.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
said a few times I thought we win 8-11. if we drop away and still win 11 I still be happy with this year.
Our best is as good as anyones.. We just do not produce it consistanly
2020-21 we hopefully narrow the gap and be a real top 8 chance.
This year I say we are a chance to sneak into finals.
Maybe even win a week or two.
Have to be a big change in how we deal with teams getting runs ons to go next level.
Most games we get 4 or 5 goal bursts against us.
I know we do that to other teams, although to win we need to stop them doing the same :)

Lynch17

Rookie
Jun 8, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think our next game is huge and could define our season in some ways. We haven’t been able to win on the road to often this year and missed opportunities against the dogs, Freo and blues. So I think it is huge that we actually come to play against the saints and come home with the 4 points. If we lose this one we might have dropped too many winnable games on the road.

I imagine the Dogs are not impressed that we played Carlton into form for them and that the Saints are equally unhappy with Carlton for giving us every reason under the sun (since the roof will doubtless be open) to come out breathing fire and determination and redemption.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I imagine the Dogs are not impressed that we played Carlton into form for them and that the Saints are equally unhappy with Carlton for giving us every reason under the sun (since the roof will doubtless be open) to come out breathing fire and determination and redemption.
What on earth is going on with that roof.

It's hard to avoid the conclusion that the AFL is run by a bunch of incompetents who are bloated with cash on inevitable TV deals and think that's something to do with them when 3 monkeys could've done it.

I don't factor in or out any games or try to calculate what if we win or lose that . All we need to worry about is winning against St Kilda in two weeks ,everything else is irrelevant.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There's also no atmosphere.

A lot of the time there's no one sitting in the best seats because of the ticketing arrangements . The first time I went there with my kids we were higher up on a flank . The whole deck nearer the ground was vacant . We were surrounded by hundreds of supporters and absolutely no barracking , everyone just watching in muted silence so far away from the action. It was completely boring.

Part of the fun of going to the footy was standing in the outer right on the action with everyone giving it to the opposition.

They're suffocating the life out of most things these days and the AFL is complicit in sterilising the game for TV ,making out that there's heaps of excitement when your run of the mill fan is hardly ever given a voice. You've got ferals at either end who now apparently get spied upon by the AFL thought police and not much happening in between

I've written several letters to the AFL with my thoughts . As expected no response.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
There's also no atmosphere.

A lot of the time there's no one sitting in the best seats because of the ticketing arrangements . The first time I went there with my kids we were higher up on a flank . The whole deck nearer the ground was vacant . We were surrounded by hundreds of supporters and absolutely no barracking , everyone just watching in muted silence so far away from the action. It was completely boring.

Part of the fun of going to the footy was standing in the outer right on the action with everyone giving it to the opposition.

They're suffocating the life out of most things these days and the AFL is complicit in sterilising the game for TV ,making out that there's heaps of excitement when your run of the mill fan is hardly ever given a voice. You've got ferals at either end who now apparently get spied upon by the AFL thought police and not much happening in between

I've written several letters to the AFL with my thoughts . As expected no response.
Its absolutely astonishing that it was named Global Venue of the Year last week at at this year’s TheStadiumBusiness Awards. Link

Laughable that Docklands is the first Australian venue to win such an award given it isn't even Melbourne's best venue, let alone countless other global stadiums including Perth's new stadium which Docklands doesn't hold a candle to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Its absolutely astonishing that it was named Global Venue of the Year last week at at this year’s TheStadiumBusiness Awards. Link
Laughable that Docklands is the first Australian venue to win such an award given it isn't even Melbourne's best venue, let alone countless other global stadiums including Perth's new stadium which Docklands doesn't hold a candle to.
I think it won the award because of the number and diversity of events they host there outside of footy.

Because as a footy venue it's shite

Whoever built Marvel was a idiot. The place is made for AFL although you have it face the sun in winter..
You'd think they'd solve that problem by giving it a roof or something.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Im a little old school one week at a time type. At the moment right now the most important game to win is St Kilda next week. If we drop that one aswell we will struggle to make the 8. Now making the 8 is not the be all and end all but we have made such big in roads it would be a shame to miss.

You'd think they'd solve that problem by giving it a roof or something.

\
and using it on sunny days

Does not help anyone their or watching on TV
Just shut the roof you fools

Does it cost a lot of money to close the roof or do required maintenance afterwards or something and they need xx fans at the game to make it worth the cost? Does anyone know how they actually make the decision?

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
\

Does it cost a lot of money to close the roof or do required maintenance afterwards or something and they need xx fans at the game to make it worth the cost? Does anyone know how they actually make the decision?
IIRC they want to get sun on the grass was the reason given, you'd think half a day wouldn't make that much difference.

Maybe Kevin Mitchell Jnr is the groundsman at Comic book stadium now.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
IIRC they want to get sun on the grass was the reason given, you'd think half a day wouldn't make that much difference.

Maybe Kevin Mitchell Jnr is the groundsman at Comic book stadium now.
yep heard the same if its sunny they open for teh grass.. you think 3-4 hours shut would not make so much of a difference

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
Having put St.Kilda to the sword, the Doggies are the only team in the run home who have beaten us so far this year. I'll call that game as our most important in the run to the Finals.

Back