Prediction Round 13: Changes Vs Port Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
obviously a terrible situation for it to happen but the thought of Hill and Bennell in makes me hopeful.

elsleevador

All Australian
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lyonism “you don’t run group 1’s in the country”

Hill to play off HB, Sorry Duman you’re making way. Bennell in for Bewley.

Darcy, Hill, Bennell and Logue in’s for me.
No way Duman gets dropped. Has improved massively and Ross loves him.

Out- Pearce, Lobb, Cerra(play 4 qtr in guts at peel)
In- Logue, Darcy, Bennell (better hff than Cerra)

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Um so, if you lean towards the side of optimism regarding our post injury chances please don't re-watch the Collingwood game - Lobb and Pearce were so bloody influential.

They can't be replaced.
There's no such thing as "can't be replaced." Sure they're influential players, but they CAN be replaced, ANYONE can. Darcy and Logue are capable of stepping up to the plate and if they're actually serious about this club they'll step up to the damn plate.

Scootyb

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's no such thing as "can't be replaced." Sure they're influential players, but they CAN be replaced, ANYONE can. Darcy and Logue are capable of stepping up to the plate and if they're actually serious about this club they'll step up to the damn plate.
Fyfe simply cannae

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's hard not to dwell on the unfortunate losses of Lobb and Pearce, those 2 on top of Taberner were our best contested marks and the top in each of 3 lines. Injuries are inevitable, and if we're realistic then we have probably been lucky with injuries up until recently, especially considering the injury list going into round 1 was record setting bad.

I have no doubt that up until the mathematical win loss record which makes a tilt at the flag impossible we have a plan to win that flag. Up until now Pearce and Lobb were fundamental parts of that plan. On the counter we have some electric upside that could still feasibly peak during finals. Hill and Bennell are, no joke, legitimately realistic chances of playing out the rest of the season. As such I refuse to use 'if' in regard to Bennell because it's when. That said when could be in a couple more weeks and I'm happy to wait if that means he'll be prime.

Logue is genuinely a freak of nature and still has incredible scope for improvement. He won't have the reach , brain or leadership of Moose but he has the strength, speed and agility. Darcy is a completely different ruck but he has some advantages, hit out win % and immediate follow up. Darcy is elite around the contest and having him provide tackles and apply blocks for Walters, Mundy, Fyfe and Bennell may make us better out of the center and reduce the need to play Conca at the bounce. Logue and Darcy are long term prospects this club and the only way they get better is if they play AFL but they can still give us specific advantages that can be exploited.

Hogan can play good football this year. The fact that he has played as he has off no preseason through a flux of new forward line partners with the quality of our entries is incredible. He's enjoying playing with Bewley, those two are pretty close and they could build some good chemistry before finals. Add another Hill and Bennell kicking him the ball and baby you've got a stew cooking.

There is a reality facing the club now, adapt to the new team or get a better draft pick.

IN: Darcy, Logue, Hill, Bennell
OUT: Lobb, Pearce, Duman, I can't pick the last

p.s: Ross said Sandi was penciled in for round 17, just enough time to get match fitness before finals.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's hard not to dwell on the unfortunate losses of Lobb and Pearce, those 2 on top of Taberner were our best contested marks and the top in each of 3 lines. Injuries are inevitable, and if we're realistic then we have probably been lucky with injuries up until recently, especially considering the injury list going into round 1 was record setting bad.

I have no doubt that up until the mathematical win loss record which makes a tilt at the flag impossible we have a plan to win that flag. Up until now Pearce and Lobb were fundamental parts of that plan. On the counter we have some electric upside that could still feasibly peak during finals. Hill and Bennell are, no joke, legitimately realistic chances of playing out the rest of the season. As such I refuse to use 'if' in regard to Bennell because it's when. That said when could be in a couple more weeks and I'm happy to wait if that means he'll be prime.

Logue is genuinely a freak of nature and still has incredible scope for improvement. He won't have the reach , brain or leadership of Moose but he has the strength, speed and agility. Darcy is a completely different ruck but he has some advantages, hit out win % and immediate follow up. Darcy is elite around the contest and having him provide tackles and apply blocks for Walters, Mundy, Fyfe and Bennell may make us better out of the center and reduce the need to play Conca at the bounce. Logue and Darcy are long term prospects this club and the only way they get better is if they play AFL but they can still give us specific advantages that can be exploited.

Hogan can play good football this year. The fact that he has played as he has off no preseason through a flux of new forward line partners with the quality of our entries is incredible. He's enjoying playing with Bewley, those two are pretty close and they could build some good chemistry before finals. Add another Hill and Bennell kicking him the ball and baby you've got a stew cooking.

There is a reality facing the club now, adapt to the new team or get a better draft pick.

IN: Darcy, Logue, Hill, Bennell
OUT: Lobb, Pearce, Duman, I can't pick the last

p.s: Ross said Sandi was penciled in for round 17, just enough time to get match fitness before finals.
Ross all but ruled out Hill and Bennell with Basil tonight.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hill could go on a plane, no problem. Maybe its the stadium surface they are worried about with these two.
Worst Australian today saying that Port won't risk Dixon & Wines on stadium surface either.
Heat is coming to the operators, they would be feeling the pressure.
Especially with the State of Origin coming in the next week or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting. That would mean we won't see them for another 3 weeks then as I doubt they take either one on the road.
I agree with wild side that Hill will probably come in next week if we can find a place for him.

I have never thought Bennell would come in so quickly. Reckon he'll have to play at least 4 before he gets a game for Freo.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Interesting. That would mean we won't see them for another 3 weeks then as I doubt they take either one on the road.
It’s against Melbourne at MCG. Comfortable with them coming in that game.
Ross and co obviously cautious about the week one and being underdone. The players had the week off, putting Bennell and/or Hill into that mix could be why they’re gonna hold on including them this week.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Hill could go on a plane, no problem. Maybe its the stadium surface they are worried about with these two.
Worst Australian today saying that Port won't risk Dixon & Wines on stadium surface either.
Thought that too, but dismissed it. Interesting how that comes in preparation for both teams. Wines and Dixon in would be massive for Port.
Wonder what word is going around on the stadium. Port did play there 2 months ago. Possibly a few players pulled up sore then normal?

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
6PR this morning reporting Stephen Hill returning through Peel this week.

My take is that Darcy will be given until the last minute, otherwise, Jones comes in.

Deafening silence on Bennell, which makes me wonder if there's something afoot. No one seems to want to rule him out or in.

It would be terrific to see him back in the team. Lord knows we could use some good news.

Oh, by the way - has anyone seen the Crows injury list?... It has 1 actual injury and 2 'tests'. Ours has 10 players on it now (about 1 in 4 of the list).

Thought that too, but dismissed it. Interesting how that comes in preparation for both teams. Wines and Dixon in would be massive for Port.
Wonder what word is going around on the stadium. Port did play there 2 months ago. Possibly a few players pulled up sore then normal?
Robbie Gray knocked out on the surface, Nyhuis suspended.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jones will get smashed against Lycett & Ryder.
To have any chance we need Darcy playing in the middle for 70%/80%

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
Jones will get smashed against Lycett & Ryder.
To have any chance we need Darcy playing in the middle for 70%/80%
Lycett is a pretty good nullifying ruckman although Marshall pantsed both of them in China. We will simply struggle to provide a ruck that can stay with Lycett and Ryder around the ground.
Lets forget the tap and just shark them..

GoFreo4eva

Freo Tragic Since the Beginning
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hopefully the rain will soften it up a little or at least allow them to do some coring to more easily to soften it up..

Greyhairs

Senior List
May 6, 2019
Rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins.
Darcy is a must I reckon and he must play as hard as he can with plenty of effort so as to seize his chance otherwise he will drift away to be a regular at Peel.

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
What can they do to improve the ground though? Bring up the turf and lay some mattresses under it?

Boppo

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
Logue and Darcy are pretty decent cover considering our growing list of outs. Harley has to get a run or there’s no point in him being on the list..Hill defo a run in the ressies, we can’t risk him breaking down under match conditions. Bewley or Cerra realistically the only outs if HB comes in.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
Logue and Darcy are pretty decent cover considering our growing list of outs. Harley has to get a run or there’s no point in him being on the list..Hill defo a run in the ressies, we can’t risk him breaking down under match conditions. Bewley or Cerra realistically the only outs if HB comes in.
I'd be happy if the only changes we make are the required ones. We will already have to bring in Logue, who is underdone and either Darcy who is also underdone or Jones who is very marginal at the best of times. To drop anyone else out of a winning side to bring in an underdone Hill or Bennell would be a bad move in my view.

I just rewatched the last half of the Collingwood game and I think we can still be very competitive even without Alex and Rory. It's about the whole team playing well together, which is what they did last week. Let's keep as many of that team together this week as we can.

Hill and Bennell will get opportunities, and in the meantime they can get precious game time in at Peel so they come in cherry ripe when needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back