Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Points from forward half is a key premiership indicator? Wouldn't like 99% of all points for all teams be scored from the forward half?

It refers to where you got possession of the ball. Scores from back half is when you transition from the back half to a score. This is reverse where you get possession in your front half and convert that to a score.

images

It's bad but it's not bad but it's bad.
Had a discussion in the Perth Stadium thread about it. I commented that there were some teething issues at AO, it was a bit hard at first, but different grass was the main concern, but said- they rolled the dirt pretty hard to lazer level it before they laid down the turf and had to use a lot of sand those first couple of months of 2013-14 cricket season to get it right. Because of better drainage work, they lay gravel and sand before they put the brown soil down so that made the ground harder post development compared to pre development.

WA based poster wedgetail replied with;
This is the problem with Burswood - it drains too well. It has successive layers of sand, fine ballast then coarse ballast on top of sloped impenetrable roadbase with dozens of 100mm poly drainage culverts from the pitch box to the boundary. It doesn't hold ANY water regardless of how much it gets, and the sand never plumps up in the rain.

Looks like the Crows are off to the Parklands

THE Crows have been given the green light to press ahead with plans to redevelop the ageing Adelaide Aquatic Centre into its new, $60 million headquarters.
Adelaide City Council last night gave the AFL side permission to start designing concept plans for the North Adelaide site for its training and administration complex.

The council will now provide the club with guidelines it has to meet before plans are lodged, which include community benefit, engagement, impact on parklands and value for money.

Council chief executive Mark Goldstone said those guidelines were strict and elected members could knock back any plan, should it not comply with them.

“In my discussions with the Adelaide Football Club, I have also made it clear that there will be non-negotiables surrounding any proposal,” Mr Goldstone told the meeting.

“Firstly, no licensed facility in the parklands, no increase in footprint beyond the size of the current facility and no significant change to the public’s access.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“In my discussions with the Adelaide Football Club, I have also made it clear that there will be non-negotiables surrounding any proposal,” Mr Goldstone told the meeting.

“Firstly, no licensed facility in the parklands, no increase in footprint beyond the size of the current facility and no significant change to the public’s access.”

There will be a s**t fight about this. This is probably the biggest demand by crows supporters on their club to get a facility. Surely the council wont be able to stop them setting up the equivalent of the Port club that can hold a few hundred people there to buy a meal and drink.

It's not like they're going to have proper clubrooms or anything. It'll be another Shed with some offices attached.

There will be a **** fight about this. This is probably the biggest demand by crows supporters on their club to get a facility. Surely the council wont be able to stop them setting up the equivalent of the Port club that can hold a few hundred people there to buy a meal and drink.

Good luck to them. There's at least two guys on their board that would be against the idea.

There will be a **** fight about this. This is probably the biggest demand by crows supporters on their club to get a facility. Surely the council wont be able to stop them setting up the equivalent of the Port club that can hold a few hundred people there to buy a meal and drink.
I don't think they actually want a facility for members that's all supporter talk.

So let me get this straight

On top of the FREE rent they got at West Lakes to now a $20M grant to build their new base....but they are still referring us as the handout club?

325258.jpg

They could apply for a temporary liquor license each week there's a game on

Surely they would be no objection to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back