Not open for further replies.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Langford not even close? He was dropped for poor form, twice. I’m not referring to his last couple of games but his season on the whole. He was only meh against a very ****ful Blues outfit.
Langford isn't getting dropped, he was above average in both games in conditions that didn't suit.

IN: Stringer, Shiel, Fantasia

Out: Baguley, McNiece, Begley/Laverde

Liberator

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I’ve been to about 7 or 8 Ess V Haw matches over the years, and have never witnessed a defeat - apart from the first match (my 1st footy memory in fact) at Windy Hill, when Leigh Matthews broke the post in the last quarter and Hawks won pretty narrowly I think, but this one doesn't count because we came at 3 quarter time because poor.

This includes some pretty memorable matches and moments
  • Hooker kicking goals and Ambrose mowing down Hill,
  • Lloyd vs Sewell and Hurley kicking 4 match,
  • Round 1 2017 (ok, so it felt pretty good at the time)
So the question should be asked - should I be forced to go, as some kind of good-luck mascot, and be fed drinks all night in order to keep the 'luck quotient' high? 'Cause I would you know, I would make that sacrifice for the team...

Bombers_95

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
In: Stringer, Fantasia, Shiel
Out: Begley, Baugley, McNeice

Stringer for Begley is virtually a straight swap forward for forward. Fantasia for Bags. Shiel for McNeice speaks for itself. One of the better teams we can put out in the second half of this season given injury. Only other change I could see is Brown for Francis but Brown hasn't played in almost 3 weeks so give him a run in the twos with the view to bring him in against the eagles if Francis dosen't perform.

Saad Hurley Ambrose
McKenna Hooker Redman
McGrath Heppell Merrett
Fantasia Francis Stringer
Walla McKernan Laverde
Bellchambers Clarke Parish
Shiel Guelfi Langford Zaharakis

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
I think Fanta will miss

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
download.jpg

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
I’ve been to about 7 or 8 Ess V Haw matches over the years, and have never witnessed a defeat - apart from the first match (my 1st footy memory in fact) at Windy Hill, when Leigh Matthews broke the post in the last quarter and Hawks won pretty narrowly I think, but this one doesn't count because we came at 3 quarter time because poor.

This includes some pretty memorable matches and moments
  • Hooker kicking goals and Ambrose mowing down Hill,
  • Lloyd vs Sewell and Hurley kicking 4 match,
  • Round 1 2017 (ok, so it felt pretty good at the time)
So the question should be asked - should I be forced to go, as some kind of good-luck mascot, and be fed drinks all night in order to keep the 'luck quotient' high? 'Cause I would you know, I would make that sacrifice for the team...
Great memories mate! 👍

My earliest recollection of an Essendon V Hawthorn game was 1989 at Waverley, Brereton bumped Van Der Haar on the wing/half forward. I think it was the 2nd Semi from memory.

Did anyone else notice that we are currently favourites for this one? :think:
That's probably because on paper our team shits on theirs. Just gotta hope the team on paper shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back