M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I’ve always seen him as a decent prospect, why can’t he get a game?
The gossip is that he plays selfish football and doesn't run both ways, downhill skier type. He has been playing in the NEAFL most of the year (3 games in the seniors) and has just sustained an injury that will put him out for 3-4 weeks.

I watch the NEAFL on you tube each week and early on this year he was playing a tad selfish and not looking for better placed options but had appeared to turn that around of late, running both ways? hard to tell unless you are live at the ground.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
The gossip is that he plays selfish football and doesn't run both ways, downhill skier type. He has been playing in the NEAFL most of the year (3 games in the seniors) and has just sustained an injury that will put him out for 3-4 weeks.

I watch the NEAFL on you tube each week and early on this year he was playing a tad selfish and not looking for better placed options but had appeared to turn that around of late, running both ways? hard to tell unless you are live at the ground.
I don’t think we’d have much interest if he’s purely a half back as we have so many of those but if he can play wing and use the ball well we may have interest

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I don’t think we’d have much interest if he’s purely a half back as we have so many of those but if he can play wing and use the ball well we may have interest
Wing is his position, played half back a bit a few years ago pre Chris Fagan.

There's a bit about him that reminds me of Josh Kennedy (mid) when he was at Hawthorn. Needs a massive uninterrupted pre-season and the right situation in 2020, and could break out.

That said, really not sure whether the Pies should keep or cash in. Sier might decide for us.
He’s on the record saying he wants to stay at the club, so if it’s up to him he ain’t going anywhere.

Dayne Beams said he was staying with us..... "I luv youse all" was part of his B&F speech, didn't stop him from leaving.;)
Does Sier want to move to Brisbane for family reasons? Now I’m worried...

Dependlebury

Senior List
Aug 21, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will be a disaster for Collingwood if he leaves. Has star quality.
If I was Carlton I’d be throwing the kitchen sink at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dependlebury

Senior List
Aug 21, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pick 1 it is then........... Oh wait, hold the phone.

Haha!
Seriously though, I wouldn’t willingly take the crows 1st for him. He was very raw upon drafting, a real bolter so is very young in footy terms. Has already shown quality in September. Walks into the side on Monday and was one of the best afield. Could be absolutely anything. Not saying he will be Cripps but I wouldn’t fall off my chair if he got somewhere near that ball park.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haha!
Seriously though, I wouldn’t willingly take the crows 1st for him. He was very raw upon drafting, a real bolter so is very young in footy terms. Has already shown quality in September. Walks into the side on Monday and was one of the best afield. Could be absolutely anything. Not saying he will be Cripps but I wouldn’t fall off my chair if he got somewhere near that ball park.
I agree keep Sier over Adelaide's first if given the choice but if he requested a trade to the blues you'd take the pick

Dependlebury

Senior List
Aug 21, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree keep Sier over Adelaide's first if given the choice but if he requested a trade to the blues you'd take the pick

No doubt. If he leaves we will get screwed as he doesn’t have the CV yet.
We will need to offer him a decent contract as you’d think most clubs will be trying to pry him away knowing they’re getting a bargain.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
No.... They'd take him on the list for fair price, big difference. Some Collingwood fans want overpayment like a first rounder, he's not worth that on the facts.
I'd happily have him for our second, because that's a fair price. I'd be livid if we paid our first rounder for him. Pretty easy to see the distinction.
If Collingwood were in a similar position midfield wise as Richmond, i’d gladly give up pick 13-16 for Sier anyday of the week.

He would come into your line up as the 3rd/4th best midfielder behind Dusty/Cotchin fighting with Prestia who Sier is alot stronger, faster and bigger than, also has more polish.

2020 is a season where Rance/Jack/Cotchin/Martin can potentially peak one last time together(similar to Geelong in 2019), giving up pick early teens pick for Sier who can come in and average 20-25 disposals in the guts, and also having potential to be an powerful explosive mid beyond 2020 is a small price to pay during this window.

I’d comfortably take Sier over Daniel Rioli and Jack Higgins, which is who your club last drafted with first round picks.

If Collingwood were in a similar position midfield wise as Richmond, i’d gladly give up pick 13-16 for Sier anyday of the week.

He would come into your line up as the 3rd/4th best midfielder behind Dusty/Cotchin fighting with Prestia who Sier is alot stronger, faster and bigger than, also has more polish.

2020 is a season where Rance/Jack/Cotchin/Martin can potentially peak one last time together(similar to Geelong in 2019), giving up pick early teens pick for Sier who can come in and average 20-25 disposals in the guts, and also having potential to be an powerful explosive mid beyond 2020 is a small price to pay during this window.

I’d comfortably take Sier over Daniel Rioli and Jack Higgins, which is who your club last drafted with first round picks.

Has Sier's 13 games really been that good he's as good/better than Prestia? Sier averages less than 20 disposals a game.

You may think he could be Richmond's 3rd/4th best midfielder-- but I haven't seen anything that he's done that is better than the best performances by Kane Lambert, Jack Graham or even Jack Ross.

But it's obvious you are overhyping Sier when you are saying that you'd take him over Daniel Rioli who came out of the same draft.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

They aren't remotely similar players to Sier, they were recruited to fit our gamestyle, and it worked and delivered a flag and a PF. Rioli in particular in 2017 played a role Sier couldn't have, and was crucial to the flag and maybe even got us to the GF with 4 goals in the PF.

You are right Sier would be great for us, he has size and potential which is why I would pay his fair price of a second rounder. Probably some late pick swap upgrades too. He is a big bodied player which is what we lack.

However with only 13 games in 4 years he hasn't done enough to justify suddenly being worth a first rounder, a significant upgrade on his draft position. We are not talking about someone who has put together seasons, or even one season, of quality football. He has had some injury concerns already, and some have even questioned his professionalism.

Sier is better than Rioli for sure, Rioli doesn’t even average a goal a game

Neither does Brayden Sier ;)

But Rioli's performances in the 2017 Prelim and 2018 Qualifying final are significantly more influential games than anything Sier has done in his career.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Has Sier's 13 games really been that good he's as good/better than Prestia? Sier averages less than 20 disposals a game.

You may think he could be Richmond's 3rd/4th best midfielder-- but I haven't seen anything that he's done that is better than the best performances by Kane Lambert, Jack Graham or even Jack Ross.

But it's obvious you are overhyping Sier when you are saying that you'd take him over Daniel Rioli who came out of the same draft.
Prestia has been a consistent accumulater of the football almost since his debut, he has runs on the board and a premiership so he rightfully deserves to be rated better right now, my prediction is Sier is creeping close very fast, his body size and speed gives him every chance to leap him the next year or 2.

Lambert i definitely rate but wouldnt choose him over Sier at centre bounces. Graham did a great tagging role on GF day, but is not an accumulater.

Daniel Rioli has impressively played alot of football and played a role in a premiership, however i still wouldnt choose his current output of 11 disposals and 0.7 goals and occasional flashes of brilliance over Siers 20 disposals a game in the midfield.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Prestia has been a consistent accumulater of the football almost since his debut, he has runs on the board and a premiership so he rightfully deserves to be rated better right now, my prediction is Sier is creeping close very fast, his body size and speed gives him every chance to leap him the next year or 2.

Lambert i definitely rate but wouldnt choose him over Sier at centre bounces. Graham did a great tagging role on GF day, but is not an accumulater.

Daniel Rioli has impressively played alot of football and played a role in a premiership, however i still wouldnt choose his current output of 11 disposals and 0.7 goals and occasional flashes of brilliance over Siers 20 disposals a game in the midfield.
not arguing for Rioli over Sier or vice versa. I'm saying that Rioli was recruited for a certain role and played that specific role that Sier can't play.
Just as Rioli can not play as a big contested inside mid, Sier can not play as a lightning quick pressure crumbing forward.
You can't really compare them, Rioli's role was crucial to us winning a flag, swap him with Sier and he can't play that same role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back