Analysis Surprises and Disappointments from 1st Half of Season

Remove this Banner Ad

He didnt skip leg day at the tattoo parlour and that is highly disappointing to me!

I'd rather he was in the gym squatting heavy over getting tats, but I don't mind some ink. :)

Surprises: I don’t think I expected to be 9-3 midyear with our draw, notwithstanding how unconvincing we’ve been the last month.

Disappointment: Of course Collingwood play good football the two years I’m not in Australia to watch it :(

I agree 100% on our finish i.e. your point 1. Our kicking for goal has been ordinary when compared to last year. Checkers, Stevo, and JdG all seem to be suffering from the set-shot yips. I think this is greatly more important than the 2nd point.

I'm not as concerned about our midfield as most others seem to be. There were periods yesterday where Melbourne had the ascendancy but they were still in the game only because we were messy with our finish. Both Pendles and Treloar had shockers in terms of disposal and Grundy was up against Gawn who is the numero uno tap ruck ATM. This has been discussed before but measuring midfield effectiveness solely in terms of clearances / stoppages might not be giving us the entire picture. I do see improvement in our stoppage numbers coinciding with the return of Adams and Sier's increased output as he gets his AFL level touch back.

Agree with it all, except thought Treloar's disposal was above the Treloar seasonal average.

Agree with it all, except thought Treloar's disposal was above the Treloar seasonal average.

I wasn't diligent enough to verify that SR, it surprises me to read that. Perhaps I have judged Treloar's game harshly but his disposal on Monday seemed to be awful. I remember asking my son what his disposal efficiency was at half time and it was in the 60s i.e. not awesome.

I wasn't diligent enough to verify that SR, it surprises me to read that. Perhaps I have judged Treloar's game harshly but his disposal on Monday seemed to be awful. I remember asking my son what his disposal efficiency was at half time and it was in the 60s i.e. not awesome.

I wasn't actually going on stats. I just thought there were a few really good results from his kicks. Something I haven't thought for months.

The surprise is Geelong, they're not the one I would have picked to dominate

The disappointment is that it's not us, we're not the dominant force I thought we had the list to be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back