Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could apply for a temporary liquor license each week there's a game on

Surely they would be no objection to this
Had a look at the crows board and one of their posters quoted something from the council without a link and then next post listed the 4 non negotiables and the first was
  1. No permanent licensed facility in the parklands
That isn't what the ACC CEO Mark Goldstone is quoted as saying in today's Tsier story linked above said. He said - "Firstly, no licensed facility in the parklands."

They are 2 different things. The crows don't need a permanent licence but it would be better than a temporary one or limited one, say only for game days when the team plays in SA or interstate or exhibition match overseas and for special club functions eg Player sponsor night.

It will be a s**t fight but they will probably get a temporary / limited licence.

Adelaide Uni Footy Club and Cricket Club are on the parklands at Uni Oval 500m from AO, and about 5 years ago when they built the new lights and extended the Long Room, they obtained a temporary/limited liquor licence to open the bar on game day, 1 training night per week and for special club functions like photo day. If they have a temporary/limited liquor licence on the parklands, I can't see how the crows can't get one.

Had a look at the crows board and one of their posters quoted something from the council without a link and then next post listed the 4 non negotiables and the first was
  1. No permanent licensed facility in the parklands
That isn't what the ACC CEO Mark Goldstone is quoted as saying in today's Tsier story linked above said. He said - "Firstly, no licensed facility in the parklands."

They are 2 different things. The crows don't need a permanent licence but it would be better than a temporary one or limited one, say only for game days when the team plays in SA or interstate or exhibition match overseas and for special club functions eg Player sponsor night.

It will be a **** fight but they will probably get a temporary / limited licence.

Adelaide Uni Footy Club and Cricket Club are on the parklands at Uni Oval 500m from AO, and about 5 years ago when they built the new lights and extended the Long Room, they obtained a temporary/limited liquor licence to open the bar on game day, 1 training night per week and for special club functions like photo day. If they have a temporary/limited liquor licence on the parklands, I can't see how the crows can't get one.

I assume the Uni clubs operate as non-profit organizations, you'd think it would be a very different story for a large corporate entity like an AFL club.

I assume the Uni clubs operate as non-profit organizations, you'd think it would be a very different story for a large corporate entity like an AFL club.
All AFL, SANFL, WAFL etc clubs plus AFL, SANFL, WAFL etc organisations have a not for profit income tax exemption under the Income Tax Assessment Act, so they will be treated as a not for profit organisation by the liquor licencing commission.

That's why there will be a bit of a s**t fight because of their size, but AO, Memorial Drive etc have a liquor licence. Unlike a pub, they don't make a profit for an individual to be given a dividend out of those profits.

“In my discussions with the Adelaide Football Club, I have also made it clear that there will be non-negotiables surrounding any proposal,” Mr Goldstone told the meeting.

“Firstly, no licensed facility in the parklands, no increase in footprint beyond the size of the current facility and no significant change to the public’s access.”

There will be a **** fight about this. This is probably the biggest demand by crows supporters on their club to get a facility. Surely the council wont be able to stop them setting up the equivalent of the Port club that can hold a few hundred people there to buy a meal and drink.
The script is in.
Council puts a bunch of objections forward. AFC goes to Government. Government overrules council, tacking on some token condition, like once a month Adelaide players hold a public training clinic (led by 3rd round rookie pick Rory Riley) and a free sausage sizzle for the first 10 homeless people who turn up (and then piss off).

Ugh, so apparently all clubs are :$ I think I'll just go back to lurking for today

Never post unprepared in a thread REH is in. NEVER!

Don 'Dickhead' Pyke stating this will be their biggest challenge so far this year...deep down he knows they will slaughter Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joffa's boycotting the footy this week! Oh that's right, Collingwoods have the bye...

D81qakhUwAEa6Zf.jpg:large

Most likely, these fans that think they are being treated harshly were acting like turkeys far and above what they are making out. They are also very likely to have been recalcitrant when pulled up by security. At the end of the day, the football is no different from attending any other private venue - act like a dickhead and you won't be welcome.

Tomorrow night will be everything Round 4 at AO should have been.
These opportunities are great for port fans to sit back and realise how s**t a coach Ken Hinkley is*. Pyke is a slightly above average coach and Ken ain’t fit to tie Pyke’s shoelaces.

*sarcasm- Nothing could be worse than sitting back and watching the crows absolutely destroy the undermanned tigers after sitting through a poorly fought, hinkleyball loss to a undermanned tigers side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back