Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Sorry Ted what has this got to do with Horse ?

Well actually you kicked it off Bedders.

Not everyone can like everyone else , especially in sporting clubs . There are some that don't like him , past and present. If he's mellowed like Buckley and Dimma good on him. I can see the other side.

There is valid debate about the delayed introduction of Allir and Dawson.

Why hasn't Gibbs been played at Crows.
Rumours are that he has massive gambling issues. Now if true, the leadership group would be onto him if he is missing sessions etc. We just don't know. We do know Aliir missed a session after being injured in that pre season.
Dawson was also always injured & he just couldn't run out a game at the required capacity, so you get better at that in the Neafl. We can't know all the reasons why things happen but rest assured, when they start banging the door down consistently over a decent period in the Neafl, as soon as a spot opens up, they get given a go. Then they need to grab it. Dawson & COR have now done that.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
It is pretty much bullshit a club can chased a contracted coach. When contracted players are poached a trade must take place and the club gets fairly compensated. What would we get if longmire leaves? Nothing !

I having made up my mind if I want horse to stay or go, but in pure spite of Norf I hope we hold Longnire to the last year of his contract. Forces Norf to look elsewhere and then we reassess our coaching needs next year if he won't sign a new deal.

Basically a big FU to Norf.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
We are not getting Scott , stop listening to Ted . I believe if the club wants him , he will stay.
Scott to St Kilda , Dew or Shaw to Sydney , Lyon to Carlton.
Off topic for this thread but I like the idea of Lyon to Carlton. They need someone uncompromising to turn that ship around.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06...e-looking-at-a-boat-on-a-marina-says-chairman

"John is under contract, he will certainly be coaching us next year, and we all have an intention for it to be beyond that," Pridham said.

"We don't see any rush, the ordinary course would be to do something before the end of season, but there is no rush.

"We have a clear understanding of where John is, as he does us.

"No doubt we will come to an arrangement."

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06...e-looking-at-a-boat-on-a-marina-says-chairman

"John is under contract, he will certainly be coaching us next year, and we all have an intention for it to be beyond that," Pridham said.

"We don't see any rush, the ordinary course would be to do something before the end of season, but there is no rush.

So, if I run that through the Bigfooty filter, Horse is off to Norf.

I love his marina analogy. Andrew Pridham, investment banker of the common people.

kelpie_X

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Yes, I think debate around both points is valid.

The only thing I'd add around cooked/injured players is that Senior Coaches often say they leave availability status to the medical staff and they just pick those that are listed as available. Now it's probably not as cut and dry as that but I don't buy into the "Horse ran Hanners into the ground" argument. It could be argued it was a collective stuff up in that Hanners shouldn't have put his hand up, the medical staff shouldn't have passed him fit and Horse probably should have seen he wasn't right and played him in the twos or rested him.

We're not privy to those discussions so it's all speculation.
He's the coach. Ultimate responsibility for who steps on that field on the day, rests with him.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
My post was just in a 10 minute cluster of posts but it was a continuation of discussion on Longmire that you were part of.
Anyway, I'll move on, it doesn't really add anything. :)
Lol it didn't , anyhow what else can we say Ted . Now a waiting period and just hope we keep playing like that

I’ll Believe it when they sign an extension ,lot of talk from everyone

DST

Premiership Player
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
Longmire will sign a 3 year extension by the end of next week. Take it to the bank.

Might not be that quick, but in reality John's management and the club have been working on the extension well before the North job came up. The leaking by North of the potential offer to John (before their coaching selection panel has even met) was an admission that they know the deal with Sydney is close and is a last chance godfather offer to delay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back