World Cup Day 14 Australia v Pakistan @ Taunton

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Shoaib Malik is very fortunate to have played the amount of international cricket he has. Very limited player and the 33 degree man with the ball.

Hafeez's dismissal was utterly deplorable for someone of his experience.

That was a brilliant run out play by Maxwell. Great take and throw with one stump to aim at.

In the end an easy victory by 41 runs.

Not a hugely convincing win but we'll take it. A few major questions to solve yet. Will be interesting to see how we line up against Sri Lanka.

Glad I stayed up for that. Really gripping, see-sawing contest. Brilliant from Maxwell at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Played Aussies, but CNC, Richardson and Maxi as third bowlers are weak links, also I don't see any superstar hitman batsman like Pandya or myself. This world cup will be very difficult maites
Agree.

Coulter-Nile and/or Mitch Marsh open with Starc at the other end. Cummins to third and to close with Starc. Mitch will score more than you at number six.

a lot has to go right for australia to go far this world cup. limping over the line like our performances in the 2011 world cup

I think our ceiling is a semi loss to england or India, no depth in the bowling and the batting is top heavy with a bunch of blokes who play the same role.

India have much better bowling than us and england have a flexibility and firepower we can't match with the bat, we aren't a bad side but it would need everything going our way to win this time.

Yeah, a win's a win, but things aren't quite right for Australia at this WC.

The batting lineup isn't particularly well-balanced (not enough power hitters in general), so we wind up struggling to kick on at the death unless one of the tailenders pulls off a blinder.

We have little bowling depth, so we wind up bleeding runs and not penetrating enough when Starc/Cummins aren't bowling.

Our keeper is in a rut with the gloves.

At times Finch's shifting of the batting order has been a bit misguided. He should have introduced Maxwell before he actually did against India given that we were chasing a massive total, but against Pakistan he over-compensated by introducing him too early, which meant that Khawaja (not a big hitter) batted out part of the last 10.

a lot has to go right for australia to go far this world cup. limping over the line like our performances in the 2011 world cup
Yeah there just isn't the same confidence in this group. Cummins, Smith, Carey and Warner are solid. But every other player is flaky. Desperately needed a spinner to step up, Stoinis to be better and a Maxy in blistering form. Still time, and if we make Top 4 which we should, who knows. Hard to see us beating an India and England (or even NZ) two games in a row. Hopefully the middle order can find some form and we have 1 or 2 bowlers lift..

Hi Guys, I need to call it a night. Wish me luck for tomorrow's match, I want to score a double ton tomorrow for you fans.

I think our ceiling is a semi loss to england or India, no depth in the bowling and the batting is top heavy with a bunch of blokes who play the same role.

India have much better bowling than us and england have a flexibility and firepower we can't match with the bat, we aren't a bad side but it would need everything going our way to win this time.
Agreed. And a semi final loss wouldn't be a horrible result for this team tbh. For us to sneak the Cup, we'd have to finish in a position where we play NZ in the Semi, then play a blinder in the final against a better line up in England or India.

I couldn't understand why it took so long for him to review. Carey thought he heard a noise and in those circumstances, surely you go upstairs for a look.

There wasn’t much in it, I don’t think you could blame the controlling umpire at all for giving it not out. You’ve got the faintest of edges and the crowd noise into the bargain. Between them they arrived at the right decision to review.

A textbook example of how the system should work.

Back