Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That’s my feeling too. He was at the top early on.

It's interesting data, but it's not perfect. Particularly the more recent drafts where particular player types are at a clear disadvantage.

Kelly at 3rd also stands out as a flaw in the ranking data. Cripps & Bont are gun players, but who in their right mind would value them higher than Kelly?

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's interesting data, but it's not perfect. Particularly the more recent drafts where particular player types are at a clear disadvantage.

Kelly at 3rd also stands out as a flaw in the ranking data. Cripps & Bont are gun players, but who in their right mind would value them higher than Kelly?

Cripps has been way better this year. His game on the weekend would’ve elevated him.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Carlton supporters are turning blind eyes to SOS stuffing up recruitment so you never know.

Cripps maybe.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Be honest now, which player is most likely to influence a win?

You can’t discount the fact that Cripps is a lone soldier out there, frankly I’d be happy with either

I'd be more likely to say they are on par than Cripps is better tho.

As to who is more likely to win a game ... Cunners or Higgo? Cripps v Kelly is a similar argument imo. Both gun players in different roles.

I think contested inside players with vision are more likely to be match winners in the long run but they can't do it without class to work with.

The bloke our skipper completely shut down for a half of footy, which pretty much single handedly set us up for a win?

True but that happens with the best mids. People could slow Cunners down a few years ago too. He is playing a lone hand at Carlton and will only get better as he matures, barring something unforseen.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GWS vs Carlton

Kelly: 35 disposals (12 contested), 7 clearances, 3 tackles, 84% TOG
Cripps: 12 disposals (10 contested), 1 clearance, 4 tackles, 91% TOG

Cripps was pretty average against us too, but from memory he was rated pretty highly. He was invisible in the first half but good in the second. That goal he kicked would’ve boosted his rating because they take into account the degree of difficulty based on other attempts at goal from the same spot. It’s not a perfect system but still worth considering.

Cripps 38 possession 4 goal game on the weekend would’ve rated at the very top.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
I would take Cripps over Kelly. He is a match winner, not so much at Carlton as they have been beyond s**t, but if we had the choice of one I would take Cripps because of this.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carlton supporters are turning blind eyes to SOS stuffing up recruitment so you never know.
Yep, I had a diehard Carlton mate tell me Bolton had to go due to his rubbish recruiting decisions. I pointed out SOS was the person who was in charge of recruiting decisions and he needed to go. He refused to accept that SOS was in any way to blame for recruiting decisions.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
GWS vs Carlton

Kelly: 35 disposals (12 contested), 7 clearances, 3 tackles, 84% TOG
Cripps: 12 disposals (10 contested), 1 clearance, 4 tackles, 91% TOG

giphy.gif

1560389732990.png

Pretty easy to get off the leash with support like that around the ground..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back