Off-topic Should AFL players earn more than Anesthesiologists?

Remove this Banner Ad

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Anesthetists are the people who give you the whacky gas during surgery.They have to give you the right amount of gas so you don't cark it or wake up in the middle of a surgery and endure a nightmare of torturous pain.So it obviously an important job and has a salary to match.
The national average salary for this job title is $371,527.It is the highest paid job amongst professionals.
The average AFL player wage in 2018 was $362,471. Sure, AFL players provide entertainment for people in society , but how many clowns and caberet singers earn that much?
If an AFL player misses a shot from 20m out, it's no big deal but if an anesthesiologist makes an equivalent mistake, you'll have a cadaver on you hands and a huge lawsuit.

My question is should players like Ricky Henderson, Mitch Duncan, Brayden Maynard ,Matt DeBore, Aaron Hall, Chris Masten , Brad Crouch,Brandon Ellis and Alex Witherdon earn as much as an anesthesiologist? Has society gone loco? Can an AFL player put on his own bandaid ? What is wrong with the modern world?
86511007.jpg

Some early anesthesia that involved a wooden mallet and two bottles of whiskey.
images - 2019-06-12T114915.641.jpeg

An Australian Rules footballer tripping over himself while contemplating whether to buy a yacht or a Ferrari.
images - 2019-06-12T122403.161.jpeg

Last edited:

This is a part of the anatomy that cm has a special interest in.
Indeed, I have a fascination with medical abominations and freaks of nature therefore prolapsed anusus and sphincters that have been stretched wider than a Richmunt supporters’ gaping, jaw dropped gob during last Friday’s 2nd QTR certainly do provide an obscure interest. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed, I have a fascination with medical abominations and freaks of nature therefore prolapsed anusus and sphincters that have been stretched wider than a Richmunt supporters’ gaping, jaw dropped gob during last Friday’s 2nd QTR certainly do provide an obscure interest. :)
Sounds highly unpleasant.
We got all the info we needed about Geelongs style in the first quarter took the foot of the pedal then, keep it locked away for finals.

Sounds highly unpleasant.
We got all the info we needed about Geelongs style in the first quarter took the foot of the pedal then, keep it locked away for finals.
51C5D3A0-8A70-46FE-A70A-B21B00ECB8D7.gif

Anesthetists are the people who give you the whacky gas during surgery.They have to give you the right amount of gas so you don't cark it or wake up in the middle of a surgery and endure a nightmare of torturous pain.So it obviously an important job and has a salary to match.
The national average salary for this job title is $371,527.It is the highest paid job amongst professionals.
The average AFL player wage in 2018 was $362,471. Sure, AFL players provide entertainment for people in society , but how many clowns and caberet singers earn that much?
If an AFL player misses a shot from 20m out, it's no big deal but if an anesthesiologist makes an equivalent mistake, you'll have a cadaver on you hands and a huge lawsuit.

My question is should players like Ricky Henderson, Mitch Duncan, Brayden Maynard ,Matt DeBore, Aaron Hall, Chris Masten , Brad Crouch,Brandon Ellis and Alex Witherdon earn as much as an anesthesiologist? Has society gone loco? Can an AFL player put on his own bandaid ? What is wrong with the modern world?
View attachment 690914

View attachment 690907

An Australian Rules footballer tripping over himself while contemplating whether to buy a yacht or a Ferrari.
View attachment 690916

OP. Any truth your mum had too
Much Valium administered during your birthing and as a result you’re IQ sits currently at around 36?

OP. Any truth your mum had too
Much Valium administered during your birthing and as a result you’re IQ sits currently at around 36?
That's a bit rich coming from a Geelong resident , they don't seem to be the sharpest tools in the shed down there!
In Melbourne, we don't get cosmetic surgery to make a 6 pack like your old disgraced Mayor, we simply go for a jog.

That's a bit rich coming from a Geelong resident , they don't seem to be the sharpest tools in the shed down there!
In Melbourne, we don't get cosmetic surgery to make a 6 pack like your old disgraced Mayor, we simply go for a jog.

Ahhhhhh CroBro. I’ve missed your shenanigans. Welcome back.

View attachment 690914

View attachment 690907

View attachment 690916
The average pay for a fireman is $59,655. If you want to bitch about overpaid careers holding society to ransom, the anaesthesiologists are a good start.

The average pay for a fireman is $59,655. If you want to bitch about overpaid careers holding society to ransom, the anaesthesiologists are a good start.
A fireman doesn't need a 5 year degree.Next time you need a surgery get a fireman to administer the anesthesia if you want to save some cash.

A fireman doesn't need a 5 year degree.Next time you need a surgery get a fireman to administer the anesthesia if you want to save some cash.
An anaesthesiologist doesn't put their life on the line every day they go to work.

You sit here complaining about priorities and then say spending five years getting pissed and remembering s**t is worth more than some guy willing to die to save you.

Australian Infantry - 59500
Australian Police - 70211
Ambulance Paramedic - 86646
Nurse - 65000

Yep, anaesthesiologists can cry me a river. Their job will be gone in twenty years, done better by a computer anyway. Won't find that happening with the guys I listed above.

Australian Infantry - 59500
Australian Police - 70211
Ambulance Paramedic - 86646
Nurse - 65000

Yep, anaesthesiologists can cry me a river. Their job will be gone in twenty years, done better by a computer anyway. Won't find that happening with the guys I listed above.
Lol, all those listed are underpaid but if you let a computer administer anaesthesia there will be mass deaths and lawsuits. I think you're underestimating the skill in keeping people alive during surgery and you obviously don't have a health background.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back