Grant Birchall returns after 2 years out...

Remove this Banner Ad

Buzz Hawk

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2017
Buttox
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's not over. Trust me
1560169083767.gif

another set back?, yesterdays injury report has him as INDEFINITE again..... is that longer or shorter than 12 weeks?
he was indefinite on pretty much every previous one as well, they've not put a time frame against him on the injury report for a long time

GW has said after the bye and there have been whispers that he is getting close but the injury report has been completely non committal

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
he was indefinite on pretty much every previous one as well, they've not put a time frame against him on the injury report for a long time

GW has said after the bye and there have been whispers that he is getting close but the injury report has been completely non committal

yea i heard about a month ago that he was set to comeback after the bye, i guess not?

yea i heard about a month ago that he was set to comeback after the bye, i guess not?
I don't think anything has changed, is the point that Gralin was making.

I don't think you need to be less confident about his comeback timeline due to his listing as 'Indefinite', as it's read 'Indefinite' most of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its funny, its been so long since Birch played that I have forgotten how good he was. Looking at his stats he has averaged 22 disposals and 6 marks a game over his career, thats really exceptional for a backman.
Its also remarkable how durable he was in not missing many games right up to 2017 after which we are all aware what has transpired 😢

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its funny, its been so long since Birch played that I have forgotten how good he was. Looking at his stats he has averaged 22 disposals and 6 marks a game over his career, thats really exceptional for a backman.
Its also remarkable how durable he was in not missing many games right up to 2017 after which we are all aware what has transpired 😢
you'll never forget him taking an intercept mark then waltzing down the wing to deliver a 50m pinpoint left foot bullet onto a teammates chest.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Footage on Channel 9 sport (assuming it was from today's training) showed O'Meara marking and handballing to a running Birchall who then kicked on his trusty left foot. Was moving at good pace, so would suggest he isn't to far off.

Hopefully someone at training can confirm this and give more detail.
Told you. Look out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back