Preview Essendon vs Hawthorne, Docklands, Friday 14/06/19, 7:50 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
How does Francis survive Stringer's return?

I assume a complex excuse algorithm consisting of equal parts playing his role, doing everything we have asked of him, ticking a lot of boxes , weekly matchups and staying the journey to become the player we know he can be are put into the hangar super computer and it spits out a generic answer on dot matrix print paper, I can't wait to find out.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Fact of the matter is you can't play all of Smack, Stringer, Laverde, Begley and Francis in the same forward line, none of them have the tank to do significant midfield minutes and Francis can't play small in defence.
You don't shoot Elephants with slug guns.
You don't skydive with a balloon.
You don't ask your wife to head job the postie to stop bills.
You do come up with some irrelevant replies.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
I assume a complex excuse algorithm consisting of equal parts playing his role, doing everything we have asked of him, ticking a lot of boxes , weekly matchups and staying the journey to become the player we know he can be are put into the hangar super computer and it spits out a generic answer on dot matrix print paper, I can't wait to find out.

+ not hitting Woosha any more.

I agree for the Hawks game it’s no chance (barring an injury).

If we lose to Hawthorn he could get a start the following game. I’ve no opinion of Snelling as I’ve not seen enough but as I mentioned I think they’ll play him purely to see if he can step up - he may be Brent Prismall mk II, is consistently good at VFL/SANFL, just can’t quite turn into Michael Barlow.
The knee reco's hampered Prismall. His games at Geelong before we got him were pretty good. Think he broke 2 arms too and has been left really disinterested in playing footy since the drug scandal.

Turned down a 1 year offer at Port Adelaide to play VFL for Bulldogs and work in the club.

If we get a couple of 30 possession 3 goal games out of Snelling , I'd be pretty impressed

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
I hate Hawthorn.
My 8yr old daughter likes to play 'Would you rather...' whenever we go driving somewhere. The game has the tendency to get pretty hairy sometimes but it's all in good fun. Last night as I was taking her to soccer practice she asked me 'Dad, WOULD YOU RATHER...barrack for Collingwood or WOULD YOU RATHER barrack for Hawthorne?' I didn't even think about it and said 'Collingwood.' When she asked me why I simply said 'Because I hate Hawthorne.'
Her reply 'Yeah they suck pretty hard.' My heart swelled to the size of basketball. :hearteyes::heart:

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
My 8yr old daughter likes to play 'Would you rather...' whenever we go driving somewhere. The game has the tendency to get pretty hairy sometimes but it's all in good fun. Last night as I was taking her to soccer practice she asked me 'Dad, WOULD YOU RATHER...barrack for Collingwood or WOULD YOU RATHER barrack for Hawthorne?' I didn't even think about it and said 'Collingwood.' When she asked me why I simply said 'Because I hate Hawthorne.'
Her reply 'Yeah they suck pretty hard.' My heart swelled to the size of basketball. :hearteyes::heart:
Father of The Year!

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Father of The Year!
Kids are grouse. You can teach them to hate whatever you hate.

Admittedly it's not all me though. She's got a tonne of Hawke supporting classmates and they hate it when their team is called 'Poos & Wees.'
She completely revels in it.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Kids are grouse. You can teach them to hate whatever you hate.

Admittedly it's not all me though. She's got a tonne of Hawke supporting classmates and they hate it when their team is called 'Poos & Wees.'
If they don't like it they shouldn't roll in it

BennyGan

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
hey guys i haven't watched many essendon games this year, i was just wondering if someone could let me know if parish has had a role change the last 2 weeks and thats the reason for his good numbers. Considering bringing him into my supercoch team and thought this would be the best place to ask LOL. Also do you think he'd be able to keep up these numbers with Shiel fit and back in. Thanks guys.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
hey guys i haven't watched many essendon games this year, i was just wondering if someone could let me know if parish has had a role change the last 2 weeks and thats the reason for his good numbers. Considering bringing him into my supercoch team and thought this would be the best place to ask LOL. Also do you think he'd be able to keep up these numbers with Shiel fit and back in. Thanks guys.

RISKY!!!!

But I think you'd have a pretty unique POD and his scoring is actually a chance to remain this way.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Wet weather, good form and a role change to further inside means Darcy has been cleaning up. He’ll get exactly 24 touches, 2 goals and 6 tackles this week. Thanks.

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Piss off! You can’t have him!!!!;):)

She's got a tonne of Hawke supporting classmates and they hate it when their team is called 'Poos & Wees.'
No paternity test needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back