Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caro needs to do some digging around exactly just how much China is costing PAFC. And I don't mean just in terms of dollars. Whilst the whole administration is focused on 1 game, the rest of the business is falling apart.
Talk about arse about. The problem is they aren't focused on China enough. Focused any less and it'd be get the local Wok-in-a-box cashier as China spokesperson.

Would rather Caro focus on how the vast majority of clubs seem to be able to click their fingers and get 20 million dollar grants to build new facilities every 10 years whereas we struggle to get the local council out to empty the wheelie bins

The parts of the business that are meant to be running our football club...
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to ensure the admin is held to account. But which parts of our business are actually failing because of our administration's ability to administer?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to ensure the admin is held to account. But which parts of our business are actually failing because of our administration's ability to administer?

How’s our new training facility coming along? How’s our relationship with our major sponsor? How’s attendances? How’s membership? How’s staff morale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How’s our new training facility coming along? How’s our relationship with our major sponsor? How’s attendances? How’s membership? How’s staff morale?

Major sponsors, attendances, memberships are all related to our on-field performances, that's solely on our great coach Sir Ken Hinkle

Has nothing to do with China.

Major sponsors, attendances, memberships are all related to our on-field performances, that's solely on our great coach Sir Ken Hinkle

Has nothing to do with China.
Valid to question what our board are achieving on the home front, but the China thread is not the place to do so.

A good, well rounded board should be able to juggle more than one ball at a time.

How about you tell us what you think you know?

Would rather Caro focus on how the vast majority of clubs seem to be able to click their fingers and get 20 million dollar grants to build new facilities every 10 years whereas we struggle to get the local council out to empty the wheelie bins

That's not Caro's problem. The clubs board and administration need to be looking hard at identifying ways to address this.

I Doubt you have any inside info but are just making observations.
We are certainly better off than we were when Koch etc took over and the China strategy.

But as for the Training Facility and High Performance Centre and Indigenous Centre...it sure seems to have stalled.

I don’t focus quite as much on our neighbours these days as I reckon they’re a joke in many ways, but if they get a 60 mill new training and high performance facility up and running close to Adelaide oval before we have seen big inroads into our promised Alberton development I will be truly pissed off.

Of course we are apparently just a little battler club from Port Adelaide and perhaps should just lower our expectations, hey Kochie?
To think that stinking franchise has been offered such a nice bundle of money for theirs without us getting equal is frustrating, esp as theirs will just be for self glory whilst part of ours is an Indigenous Centre.

Port have been quiet on this.

Kochie and his bloody empty promises a few years back.

I don't know. Do you? All well and good to put out cryptic questions but this doesn't really add much other than spreading hearsay and rumour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here to stay: Huawei renews sponsorship with Canberra Raiders

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/technology/here-to-stay-huawei-renews-sponsorship-with-canberra-raiders/news-story/2cb5079edc3bfdef2ccd2007d278258b

1560409538572.jpeg

Canberra Raiders players Josh Hodgson, Jarrod Croker and Sam Williams pose for photographs with Huawei Technologies Australia Chairman John Lord (second left) and Huawei Australia CEO Hudson Liu (left) outside Parliament House in Canberra today. Picture: Lukas Coch/AAP

Huawei chairman John Lord has used Parliament House and Canberra Raiders stars as his backdrop to declare the Chinese telecommunications giant was “here to stay” and had no intentions of dropping its ambition to participate in the rollout of Australia’s 5G network.

Mr Lord said the company’s 700 Australian staff would “bleed green” after extending Huawei’s sponsorship of the football club for two years, in a deal worth more than $2 million.

“This is a partnership for the future for us. Why? Because we are here to stay in Australia,” Mr Lord said in Canberra this morning.

....Under the deal, Huawei will also sponsor the Raiders’ centre of excellence, to be completed in December, and provide WI-FI and IT equipment for the club.

And here, sports fans, is the punch line:

....Former ASIO boss Dennis Richardson — who was at the event as a director of the Canberra Raiders — refused to say whether he believed Huawei had links with the Communist Party of China.

That has been gone over in the media. You know the answer to that, as I do and that has nothing to do with the Canberra Raiders and (Huawei’s) sponsorship of the Canberra Raiders,” Mr Richardson said.

I’m not here to talk about my personal views about matters like this. I’m a director of the Canberra Raiders, I am here to support the Canberra Raiders and I welcome Huawei’s sponsorship.”

Interesting.
The fact that Dennis Richardson - who in an interview on the front page of The Australian a few days ago said that Canberra should NOT treat China as a military threat - is a former, not current, ASIO boss (as well as a former Australian Ambassador to Washington D.C.) cancels any moral conflict of interest ... unlike the situation relative to BringBackTheBars of a certain current member of the PAFC Board of Directors.

Ah those Chinese. No flies on them.

Last edited:
Haha having Dennis Richardson on the Raiders board, getting his approval is some clever marketing by all involved.

Haha having Dennis Richardson on the Raiders board, getting his approval is some clever marketing by all involved.
C'mon Amanda Vanstone! Take up the offer of the SA governership and then be seen singing this in public ......

Hi guys.
I come in peace.
Saw your result today and have got a simple question:
How have you performed the week after each of the China games?
I figure GC would have lost their games.
And we were shocking today.
Lucky to earn a win.
Lost to Geelong in Geelong on a Thursday night by 2 pts with the Bull s**t Dixon play on after taking 1 or 2 seconds longer than 30 to start his run in, then lost to Hawks in Tassie by 3 pts.

The AFL want us to keep our long haul travelling after China.

Lost to Geelong in Geelong on a Thursday night by 2 pts with the Bull **** Dixon play on after taking 1 or 2 seconds longer than 30 to start his run in, then lost to Hawks in Tassie by 3 pts.

The AFL want us to keep our long haul travelling after China.
OMG.
I hadn’t realised they’ve got you travelling the next week too.
Thought it was only us.
So you’ve travelled after every China game.
And you’ve lost after every China game.
Can’t imagine that’d be too thrilling.
Thanks for the heads up.
Good luck for the balance of the year.

... And we were shocking today. Lucky to earn a win.
I watched the second half of your game and you were hard, I rate that effort. Sure from your score to half-time and what the commentators said that was forgettable footy. But a head down and bum up effort to grind out a win was pretty professional. You just would not let the Suns back in.

A guy called Graham Todd was on Australia All Over this morning (starting at 2:27:20). Has travelled all over China since the mid 60s as I understand it, facilitating trade in both directions. Only heard 5 minutes of it when I was driving but 'Wow!'. He sure seems to know China and trade. All I would think was 'Kochie/KT pick up the phone and call this guy'.

Last edited:
A guy called Graham Todd was on Australia All Over this morning (audio not available at time of posting). Has travelled all over China since the mid 60s as I understand it, facilitating trade in both directions. Only heard 5 minutes of it when I was driving but 'Wow!' does he know China and trade. All I would think was 'Kochie/KT pick up the phone and call this guy'. Will edit this post when/if the audio is posted.
‘Kochie/KT pick up the phone and call this guy’ ?

What part of all that I have written, over and over, over the past five years have you not understood?

They will not call anyone who knows more about a subject than they do. Got that?

‘Kochie/KT pick up the phone and call this guy’ ?

What part of all that I have written, over and over, over the past five years have you not understood?

They will not call anyone who knows more about a subject than they do. Got that?
So why are we persuing this at all? Is this a personal project for Koch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back