Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks

and as you can see he kicked that goal from outside 50m near the boundary half way up the goal post, that was AFL quality footy that even some AFL players couldnt pull off... although some of his play after that was a little sloppy, he was generally a standout especially for an underager 2020 prospect.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
and as you can see he kicked that goal from outside 50m near the boundary half way up the goal post, that was AFL quality footy that even some AFL players couldnt pull off... although some of his play after that was a little sloppy, he was generally a standout especially for an underager 2020 prospect.

Who is that #4 .. Harrison Jones? Id not heard about him or seen him play.. can you describe him to me?

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Who is that #4 .. Harrison Jones? Id not heard about him or seen him play.. can you describe him to me?

the #4 is Eddie Ford he plays for Western Jets i noticed him recently playing good footy and then he plays a really compelling game in the Trial, he is one for 2020 draft. (he plays similar to Elijah Hollands if you have seen him play)

#24 was Harrison Jones that kicked 4 goals and looked dangerous in the Trial game, i noticed him play, but didnt expect a performance like that, i think he might get more opportunities to show case himself in the Championships kicking 4 in a Trial game. (rangey tall forw with good skill set)

Oh and if it's your kind of thing, we're doing podcasts across the National Champs (we also do them for the NAB League Boys - and Girls/U18 AFLW Champs), and we discuss the Victorian game, preview WA and look to this weekend's action. Next week will will look at SA and wrap up this weekend and look to the weekend after.

https://anchor.fm/finalsirenpodcast...ew--Western-Australia--Round-1-preview-e48a5n

Plenty of different episodes (including interviews with various players over the course of the season) if you're into that kind of thing.

The little I've seen of Rivers, I think he may move up your rankings.
Agreed. WA players are always the hardest for me to view until the Champs, and every year the WA ones are the ones that often rise up the rankings. There's a few in that group I have tabs on given they impressed me at the U16 Champs a couple of years back.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Must be getting close to putting Jay Rantall in your 'names to watch' ? :cool:
In that 30-50 bracket for mine at the moment. He's impressing me, but just a few things such as composure when kicking more consistently are what I'm looking for from here on. He's a raw talent no doubt though.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I've updated my Power Rankings on the site Monday night in case you missed it (have been pretty busy so will update OP soon). Adding in a few names I have thereabouts, still difficult to pin down a top 20/25.

You guys have Worrell quite high in comparison to some other phantoms.. you have him as your best KPD? ..and Copper Stephens still inside 20? I was sort of hoping he would slide a bit more than that.. His kicking you say neat yet id say there was questions questions over his kicking ..I guess its not a weapon but adequate?

I like your write up on Taheny ..how does he develop his goals strong overhead?..Or is he a real goal mechanic like a Menzel type?..I look forward to see him in the champs..

Peezy

Draftee
May 29, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where would you have Mitch Martin placed in the draft? Looks to have been very quiet during the 2 VC games

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Hi Pie 4 Life , IMO we need another big bodied inside midfielder or 2 whether by draft or trade, in your opinion is there likely to be a big bodied inside midfielder available at our 1st pick this draft (15-18 selection) that would be an upgrade on Ely Smith.

Also it would come in handy if the Pies could trade us Brayden Sier in the off season:D, you have any interest in Tom Cutler?;)

Mar 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi Pie 4 Life , IMO we need another big bodied inside midfielder or 2 whether by draft or trade, in your opinion is there likely to be a big bodied inside midfielder available at our 1st pick this draft (15-18 selection) that would be an upgrade on Ely Smith.

Also it would come in handy if the Pies could trade us Brayden Sier in the off season:D, you have any interest in Tom Cutler?;)

It is always interesting what is defined as a big bodied inside mid? Would someone like Pendlebury be okay in that role? Do you want someone to get their hands on the ball or purely you want a brute?

Devon Robertson
Brodie Kemp - Doubt he will drift far enough
Thomson Dow - He might be around the mark
Dylan Stephens - Might not be a bull, but certainly can find a contested ball .

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
It is always interesting what is defined as a big bodied inside mid? Would someone like Pendlebury be okay in that role? Do you want someone to get their hands on the ball or purely you want a brute?

Devon Robertson
Think Patrick Cripps LM.:D

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

Devon Robertson
Trent Rivers from WA?

Mar 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Trent Rivers from WA?

I was thinking about posting his name as well, but unsure how to call a player an big inside mid. Those brute inside mids are very hard to judge. If someone watched Fyfe as a junior, you would have been laughed at if you called him a big inside midfielder.

Rivers is super smart and listening to the coaching staff, he is playing in the back half to develop his defensive game and I really love it.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I was thinking about posting his name as well, but unsure how to call a player an big inside mid. Those brute inside mids are very hard to judge. If someone watched Fyfe as a junior, you would have been laughed at if you called him a big inside midfielder.

Rivers is super smart and listening to the coaching staff, he is playing in the back half to develop his defensive game and I really love it.
Can you tell us anything else about Rivers?

Speed, agility, leap. Scope to play which positions. Work ethic. Anything football or non football related.

Muffasa

Debutant
Jun 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

Devon Robertson
Think Patrick Cripps LM.:D

Tom Green - GWS Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back