Frees 17 11
Clearances 48 24
I50 61 48
CP 161 121
Tackles 56 89
HO 62 22
Adelaide played home
Margin 33

Adelaide dominated by more than Geelong did, played at home, played a weaker team and had a significantly lower margin. I havent heard pyke's presser but if he is anything other than seriously seriously unimpressed by the early part of that game I don't know what to say. Thank god we still got the win. It was a poor effort by us though. Luckily we usually play well against good sides regardless that we often play poorly against poor sides, so despite this poor performance, we should expect to perform well, well maybe just ok, against geelong.

If JJ hadn't come back in the form he has been, we would have lost the last 3, if EH was still in there, spoke to a Richmond mate ths morn, said without JJ we would have lost

I tend to agree, we have no one that can kick goals, Fog needs to get some form in the two's desperately

Further proof the AFL is cracking down on supporters supporting their team.

The cheer squad were tonight advised by security that banging on the fence is now an evictable offence. This was not an issue Saturday night, nor has it been an issue in the five years prior at Adelaide Oval.
WTF?

Are the AFL going to ban cheering too loudly next?

A few minutes before that Eddie was sitting on the ground trying to put a boot back on

Stack came over and stole it off him haha!

Who steals a shoe?
426091.jpg

Agreed, especially on that last part. We're just not quite there yet
You’ll well recall that I’ve been very critical in the past of this group and their inability to find a way back into games when it’s not on their terms.

They’ve had some dreadful losses in important games and we all know which games- they’ve just failed to turn up and they lose by 30-40 points - never in it.

What I’m seeing now, and I first noticed it against Brisbane, is a resilience and belief that even when things aren’t on our terms we grind it out and wear down the opposition.

We can go 3-5 goals down but keep persevering until eventually the game plan clicks.

This group have erased a huge amount of supporter trust over the last 5-6 years - but I can see that they finally have a methodology, and a belief in that methodology, which sees them work through loss of momentum and loss of how they want to play.

It’s much more resilient- test is ongoing of course

Weird year.

A couple of moments go our way against West Coast and Brisbane and we're sitting an unconvincing second.

Alternatively a couple of moments against Melbourne and GWS and we look in serious trouble.

Screams out a year waiting for someone to put it together August. Along with 6 other clubs we're in as good position as anyone
Yep, it’s a close season. Getting close wins will likely have a bigger impact than normal on where teams finish.

You’ll well recall that I’ve been very critical in the past of this group and their inability to find a way back into games when it’s not on their terms.

They’ve had some dreadful losses in important games and we all know which games- they’ve just failed to turn up and they lose by 30-40 points - never in it.

What I’m seeing now, and I first noticed it against Brisbane, is a resilience and belief that even when things aren’t on our terms we grind it out and wear down the opposition.

We can go 3-5 goals down but keep persevering until eventually the game plan clicks.

This group have erased a huge amount of supporter trust over the last 5-6 years - but I can see that they finally have a methodology, and a belief in that methodology, which sees them work through loss of momentum and loss of how they want to play.

From that Fremantle game onwards we’ve shown two things..

1) We can win a war of attrition
2) We can come from behind and win

Two attributes we didn’t have even when flying in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bald-headed flog pretty much stayed out of it last night.

If he did that every week, people wouldn’t call him all those very hurtful and offensive names.
He is still a bald headed maggot.

I would like to believe that. The biggest test is coming against Geelong. So often we just don't turn up.

6 score involvements, 2 goal assists, 5 inside 50s and 321 meters gained from 14 touches.

Maximum value from each of his touches
Only blight on him was the missed goal. Half forward/Kick ahead of the play is a hell of a hard position to play because it has to be coming your way and you have a defender every time. We're playing Milera there too a lot.

For me that's the best game I have seen brad crouch play for the club. What I loved about his game was he finally wanted to kick the ball when he got it instead of first thought to handpass.

I can't remember a game where crouch kicked the ball 50m so many times as tonight. Apart from that one turnover by foot to Martin he was brilliant.

He looked a lot better storming out of the middle kicking long to forward 50 rather than handballing in circles.

I called him a flog and then politely reported myself to the nearest integrity officer.

We all have to self-police, that’s the only way this scourge will get better.
I have to behave as I'm seated next to young children.

Thought Keath took a bit of a bath when moved onto Lynch after Talia went down. Just goes to show there is a big difference between the 'Lockdown Key Defender' role and the 'lose intercept marking defender' role.

The more the season role's on the more i'm convinced that Hartigan and Talia are unheralded 'star makers' in this team. Their roles routinely make guys like Lever then Doedee and now Keath look like AA's. (Although it still helps when you are as talented as those 3 too)...

My concern remains around our inability to translate dominance into scoreboard pressure.
I'm not sure if it's called dominating if we're really, really good at getting the ball, and also really, really good at turning it over.
My god, it was like the spare richmond defender was invisible for Q1. Or like he was wearing a crows jumper. Either way.

It got marginally better as the game went on but geeeez we turn it over badly. ALL. THE. TIME.

For me that's the best game I have seen brad crouch play for the club. What I loved about his game was he finally wanted to kick the ball when he got it instead of first thought to handpass.

I can't remember a game where crouch kicked the ball 50m so many times as tonight. Apart from that one turnover by foot to Martin he was brilliant.

He looked a lot better storming out of the middle kicking long to forward 50 rather than handballing in circles.

This!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back