Review Good/Bad vs Richmond - Rd 13, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though Kelly is having a career best season, I think he needs to come out for team balance and have Milera back to give more run and penetration.
wut..

Eddie must be the most loved player in the comp.
Pretty hard to go past him given he's an awesome dude and his highlight reel... every second week he does what would be a career highlight for most players.

Remember when we had a popularity contest on this board? Eddie and Sloane fight to the death!

I would like to believe that. The biggest test is coming against Geelong. So often we just don't turn up.
Bermuda Triangle.

If I had the power to accept the loss and rest players I would. Same with WCE away. I’ve already written those 2 off.

Win the 5 we should + Port and Collingwood at home and we end up 15 wins with a chance of top 4.

Reassess at the finals bye.

Bermuda Triangle.

If I had the power to accept the loss and rest players I would. Same with WCE away. I’ve already written those 2 off.

Win the 5 we should + Port and Collingwood at home and we end up 15 wins with a chance of top 4.

I wouldn't rest players straight after the bye, but I wouldn't play anyone injured. We have players to replace them with.

Funny reading the Richmond GBU thread with many of them confident that post bye they will magically come good and make finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Their last seven games are at the G. I'd be confident as well if our last seven games were at Adelaide oval

Wont happen. We would be crazy to do that trade.
Why would we go after grundy 1 year out from being a RFA? We have ROB for next year. I feel ROB could develop into a top 3 ruck of the league anyway. Personally i would be happy if we forgot about Grundy and focused on midfield and forwards. Will save us 1.2 million minus ROB's salary.

Sloane’s efforts in the last two weeks are reminiscent of what we came to expect from the Ricciutos, McLeods, Goodwins, Edwardses and Jarmans of the world. He is approaching that sort of legendary status, because he is having a massive impact in clutch moments of games and it’s almost become something you can rely on like clockwork.

Sloane’s efforts in the last two weeks are reminiscent of what we came to expect from the Ricciutos, McLeods, Goodwins, Edwardses and Jarmans of the world. He is approaching that sort of legendary status, because he is having a massive impact in clutch moments of games and it’s almost become something you can rely on like clockwork.
Very true.

It’s what every team needs, leaders to stand up when it counts.

Last 2 weeks when game is there to win we’ve had Sloane, Tex and Eddie all having big moments and kicking big goals.

Makes a massive difference

Real ability to lift his team mates too (which I suppose is consistent with the clutchness).

The bald-headed flog pretty much stayed out of it last night.

If he did that every week, people wouldn’t call him all those very hurtful and offensive names.
This is typical AFL don't focus on the actual issue of umpiring standards just target the fans instead

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the end of last year - many thought we should have traded or even delisted Reilly O'Brien. Just think if we had, the club he would have ended up at would now be reaping the benefits. He just looks so hungry to get involved and the way this has played out could not have been better timed for us with Sauce coming to the end of his career

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real ability to lift his team mates too (which I suppose is consistent with the clutchness).

This was noticeable after he kicked that goal in the last. The team lifted immensely after the Sloane goal. We stopped their run from that point onwards and toook the game away.

Bermuda Triangle.

No. We must remain competitive, if only to avoid thrashings that ruin our percentage.

Bermuda Triangle.

At least we've occasionally won in Perth. We're 3-17 at Kardinia Park and the last win was in 2003!

Most of the time when we play there it's clear early on that we're not going to win.

View attachment 691947

This was a great image from the game, well done on the win.

What a great image for the AFL and Indigenous football. I thought the Tigers players going to check on JJ was just as powerful too.

Well done to all the players that night. You did your respective Clubs proud.

At least we've occasionally won in Perth. We're 3-17 at Kardinia Park and the last win was in 2003!

Most of the time when we play there it's clear early on that we're not going to win.

Its important we do well and at the very least be strong in personal and competitive when playing the Eagles in Perth, its very likely we could play a final there and getting confidence and familiarity with the ground is imperative.

No point in getting to Perth and doing a Melbourne 2018 Prelim effort.

It would be terrible to not go into this game without a strong mindset of believing we can win or at least be competitive.

Not often does the Bay provide anything like insight but found this interesting !

“Damning Indictment 1
Adelaide played 6 players under 25 years and over 50 games experience. Richmond played 5.
Verdict
No significant difference. Injuries not a factor.

Damning Indictment 2
Adelaide had 9 players with 50-150 games experience. Richmond had 8 players.
Verdict
No significant difference. Experience not a factor.

Damning Indictment 3
Adelaide had 6 players with over 150 games experience. Richmond had 3. Both teams players only had 3 players with over 150 games experience score more than 85 fantasy points.
Verdict
No significant difference. Experience not a factor.

Final Nail in the Coffin - Ultimate Indictment
Adelaide had 16 players under 150 games experience playing, for a total of 1159 games. Richmond had 19 players playing with under 150 games, for a total of 1145.
Verdict
If you think a total of 14 games difference across BOTH teams inexperienced players games was the difference, you are embarrassing yourself.”

Just sayin ‘

Interesting to see CEY play deep forward at times last night. I've seen him bob up in the forward line, but not as the last man in the structure before. I really admire the way he's overcome some signficant set backs and keeps adding strings to his bow. As someone who didn't see "it" at the start of his career, it's wonderful to be so very wrong. It amazes me to think he's played less AFL footy than Greenwood and Riley Knight.

View attachment 691947

This was a great image from the game, well done on the win.
Someone else posted last night, apparently Rioli said to Luke Brown after that goal that he'd always wanted to be at Adelaide Oval when Betts kicked one of those goals. Bloke is universally loved. Well done to you guys, played your hearts out. We know what it is like to have these injuries from last year, it does help develop the younger players so there are some positives

The thing with that bloody goal is that it almost defies physics. There would have been less than two metres clearance between the goal posts at that angle, and in order to get it in the direction, he had to have the ball spinning so that it was curling away from the goals. To get it right, he had to start it aimed almost at the near side point post. That's why most players would dribble it from there and hope that the usual bounce would draw it back to the goals.

The most astonishing part, though, is that he actually ran to a point that accommodated the kick he had in mind. He knew the kick he wanted and the angle he needed. It's innate, he didn't have time to get a protractor out.

His subconscious feel around the goals is astonishing. Better than Daicos. Probably the best I've ever seen in that regard.

Those are not official club votes FFS
They come from some junior afl website wannabe journo
Hey, welcome back :). I was wondering if you'd had a holiday, or 'received' one ;), or maybe that you'd put yourself on 'ignore' (aahhhh, wishful thinking, hardly ever works :rolleyes:).
Anyway ---
Thanks for the 'clarification' :drunk:. I thought they were actual, club-sanctioned "Best" players in descending order, set in stone for all time, and followed strictly by Umpires for the Brownlow; also the Coaches for AFLCA voting :rolleyes::rolleyes:. I've never noticed this: "The views in this article are those of the author and not necessarily those of the AFL or its clubs ". jaytex and I were merely commenting about Laird being mentioned before O'Brien in a list on the AFC site.

Furthermore, I see you've refilled your poisoned pen with invective and have renewed your role as the (self-appointed) arbiter of truth in here:
eg Not "I agree", but
Not "I disagree", but
Except that’s not true
After nearly 26,000 posts, you still do not realise that opinions are neither true, nor false; neither right, nor wrong. eg "Atkins played a blinder" is open to discussion and disagreement.
Opinions, like the disagreements about Atkins' game last night, are influenced by a person's subjective perspective, beliefs or understanding eg about the meaning of the word "blinder" which I'd associate with a standout game worthy of BoG status, and therefore not a description of Atkins' game last night. ROB had a 'blinder'; Brouch had a 'blinder', yet I'll wait for the Coaches' votes. If Atkins gets a 5 or 4 or even a 3 from either Coach I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.
I expect that you'll come up with some mean-spirited way to mock even that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back