Review 2019 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Cahill on Fox yesterday, he was very good

As it appears, SOS has handed Matt Rowell on a silver platter to Adelaide
What could make it even worse is Rowell goes to their arch rival Collingwood in exchange for Grundy, that would be a hilarious outcome

I feel for poor Liam Stocker, I hope he becomes a decent player, because right now he’s gonna be the answer to a future trivia question

Just a pack of dumbs down at Ikon Park

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lachie Ash - #12 for Vic Country - We want a dasher, he is it.

Lachie Ash
21/6/01
186cm/80kg
Vic Country/Murray Bushrangers
Defender

Ash brings real speed to the draft crop. He's a line-breaker off half-back who is given the licence to thrill: he enjoys whipping the ball under his arm and taking the game forward. Ash doesn't run aimlessly – he's composed with the ball but adds plenty of excitement. Ash has played at senior level before – he won a country premiership with Shepparton last year – and finished second in the Murray Bushrangers' best and fairest last season.

Runs and bounces like Kingy used to.

Jesus how many more are there?

Will is a Captain in the ADF in 6RAR and has just returned from a tour of Afghanistan a few months ago.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-09/robbie-gray-clone-shines-as-vic-country-thumps-allies

HIGHLY-RATED midfielder Caleb Serong produced a brilliant individual performance as Vic Country remained unbeaten at this year's NAB AFL Under-18 Championships with a 97-point thumping of the Allies at UTAS Stadium on Sunday.

Serong showed his class as he collected 22 disposals, seven marks, six tackles and three goals as Vic Country registered an easy 18.8 (116) to 2.7 (19) victory.

Vic Country failed to pick up a win at the 2018 Championships, but have already shown they are an improved side this year as they followed up last week's upset victory over Vic Metro with an easy triumph over the Allies in Launceston.

WHO MAKES FINALS? Do the 2019 Ladder Predictor

And it was the class of Serong that proved pivotal in the win, as the Vic Country co-captain - who has been likened to Port Adelaide star Robbie Gray - shone for a second consecutive week.

Serong had plenty of helpers, with Lachie Ash (29 disposals) and Riley Baldi (29 touches and 13 marks) also winning plenty of the ball and Bendigo Pioneers product Brodie Kemp (20 possessions and 10 marks) dominant down back.

Small forward Cody Weightman also chipped in with four goals.

Ned Cahill from Vic Country flies high during his team's big win over the Allies. Picture: Solstice Digital

Ned%20Cahill%20-%20Vic%20Country.jpg

The Allies failed to score a goal during the opening half and only managed their second major midway through the final quarter when the game was well and truly over.

GWS Academy player and top-10 draft prospect Tom Green battled hard for the Allies to finish with 18 disposals and nine clearances, while Tasmanian local Mitchell O'Neill (26 touches) found plenty of the ball.

But it was all in vain as an impressive Vic Country outfit made it two wins from as many matches in 2019 with another excellent showing.

ALLIES 0.2 0.4 1.6 2.7 (19)
VIC COUNTRY 4.1 9.2 12.4 18.8 (116)

GOALS
Allies:
Barling, Cumberland
Vic Country: Weightman 4, Serong 3, Martin 3, Rantall 2, Williams, Sparkes, Wild, Smith, Cahill, Dow

BEST
Allies:
O'Neill, Murray, Green, Griffiths, Budarick
Vic Country: Serong, Kemp, Ash, Baldi, Young, Weightman, Clark

If we can grab one of Young, Kemp, Serong, Ash, or O'Neill i'll be over the moon. This is assuming Rowell and Anderson remain top 2 locks.

If we can grab one of Young, Kemp, Serong, Ash, or O'Neill i'll be over the moon. This is assuming Rowell and Anderson remain top 2 locks.

...........almost 3 hours and "The Trade Shark" hasn't surfaced?

Ash, Serong, Taheny and Flanders is a great sweet spot.

I feel like all 4 of them could end up the best player in the draft if developed correct.

Serong - May win the Larke Medal.

Flanders - Reminds me of Jack Higgins/Toby Greene in that he isn't "stylish" but will instantly be a bloody good footballer at the next level. I think he develops into a more Rockliff type mid/forward in time though.

Taheny - is Rankine-lite

Ash - I've mentioned previously, WILL be an AA HBF'r. He's a better version of Jordan Clark. He's close to my #1 preference after the big 2, he opens games up and it's been 20 years since we've had an AA quality HBF'er with pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ash, Serong, Taheny and Flanders is a great sweet spot.

I feel like all 4 of them could end up the best player in the draft if developed correct.

Serong - May win the Larke Medal.

Flanders - Reminds me of Jack Higgins/Toby Greene in that he isn't "stylish" but will instantly be a bloody good footballer at the next level. I think he develops into a more Rockliff type mid/forward in time though.

Taheny - is Rankine-lite

Ash - I've mentioned previously, WILL be an AA HBF'r. He's a better version of Jordan Clark. He's close to my #1 preference after the big 2, he opens games up and it's been 20 years since we've had an AA quality HBF'er with pace.
Been told Serong is too loose, doesn’t fit well with me..

C.Durdin related to Sam?

I'll hopefully be watching the previous carnival games over the weekend, so will give my thoughts once I've seen them.

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/tag/corey-durdin/
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/un...s/news-story/c52df1ab1c6db5ac09ea72954dd1ba89

Corey Durdin (South Australia): Durdin was the standout player across the entire competition, winning the Kevin Sheehan Medal as the best player in Division One. The 172cm midfielder has good speed and agility, and was the standout player for South Australia winning their MVP. Durdin averaged 19.7 disposals and 2.7 clearances.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back