Player Watch #45: Patrick Naish - Delisted

Agree joelsyt, that he is already looking to draw opposition for the dish-off rather than just worry about self preservation is impressive and a consequence of being in the system longer than new recruits often are. He is impacting positively in chains. A lot to like.

Last edited:

Willo_23

Senior List
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Already seen noticeable growth in him from game one to game two which is fantastic.

Last week at times he just grabbed the ball and bombed it for a turnover on more than a few occasions, but last night you could see his mind ticking over, to the point where he was about to do it, but then settle, and fire off a handball instead.

I hope he gets more games but hard to see how that can happen with so many players coming back into the side.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Already seen noticeable growth in him from game one to game two which is fantastic.

Last week at times he just grabbed the ball and bombed it for a turnover on more than a few occasions, but last night you could see his mind ticking over, to the point where he was about to do it, but then settle, and fire off a handball instead.

I hope he gets more games but hard to see how that can happen with so many players coming back into the side.
Easily, he gets picked before Bellis... DONE!

clark1980

Senior List
Sep 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
there were a couple of times in the last, when his attack on the ball wasn't great. thats expected of a skinny 2nd gamer. he's shown that he's going to be a player for us, and the 2 games he's got will be great for his development but I think he'll be one that goes out. none of those efforts was as bad as ellis's failed mark in the goal square ???

Oct 7, 2001
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Heart, Furies
He actually reminds me a little bit of Cotchin. Slightly different players, but I hope he decides to base his game on Cotchin's, because he could totally turn into that quick closing speed type of player.

Really impressed by his skills.

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
He actually reminds me a little bit of Cotchin. Slightly different players, but I hope he decides to base his game on Cotchin's, because he could totally turn into that quick closing speed type of player.

Really impressed by his skills.

Cotchin is one of the toughest players in the game and loves the contest. Naish is the exact opposite.

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
there were a couple of times in the last, when his attack on the ball wasn't great. thats expected of a skinny 2nd gamer. he's shown that he's going to be a player for us, and the 2 games he's got will be great for his development but I think he'll be one that goes out. none of those efforts was as bad as ellis's failed mark in the goal square ???

Agree. Couple of weak attacks on the ball. At least he used it ok by foot I guess. Needs to build his body up and his tank.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Kid needs to be played and he will adapt and get better with every game he plays like he did in the vfl , Watching him play compared to Ellis last night was really strange as i kept thinking about what another poster here in the Ellis thread had posted by quoting my post when i said Naish will be past Ellis for 2020 starting 22 . I was wrong he will be past him for the finals

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Kid needs to be played and he will adapt and get better with every game he plays like he did in the vfl , Watching him play compared to Ellis last night was really strange as i kept thinking about what another poster here in the Ellis thread had posted by quoting my post when i said Naish will be past Ellis for 2020 starting 22 . I was wrong he will be past him for the finals
past him by next game if we have enough fit players

Really pleased that he got his chance and has grabbed it. His ball use at times stands out for it's ability to open up the game, but defensively needs to keep working hard. Likely to go back in the next couple of weeks as more experienced players come back. When he goes back to the VFL keep playing the way he has and might just give us a 3 peat of Liston Trophy winners.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
OOa9aww.gif

Should become a solid player, nothing special though like an A grader

Yeah, first two games should reveal all.........................:think: As if!

Last edited:
Like him. He's up against Lambo so will have short life in the AFL in 2019. Still he'll know he's up to AFL level. But also that he has a fair bit of development to do to really make it.

He looks a very likely player. Almost certainly B grade mid. Possibly a higher ceiling. Great for a discounted pick 34 (?).

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Like him. He's up against Lambo so will have short life in the AFL in 2019. Still he'll know he's up to AFL level. But also that he has a fair bit of development to do to really make it.

He looks a very likely player. Almost certainly B grade mid. Possibly a higher ceiling. Great for a discounted pick 34 (?).
who was the "journo" that said we will have to give up 2 1st rounders for him :tearsofjoy:

who was the "journo" that said we will have to give up 2 1st rounders for him :tearsofjoy:

Right at the moment I'd say he's tracking to be a solid outside mid, pretty OK contested, and can think his way through situations. If he can fulfill his ability he's definitely worth a very decent pick. The knock on him was how non-contested he was. he certainly isn't a Ross, but he doesn't mind a bit of slap and tickle.

Back