Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nah. They are only reserved for truly great smilers like Cyril.

Well at least we agree on something then.

images.jpeg-65.jpg

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Bulldogs and Carlton both interested according to the rumour mills.
We'd be offering our 2020 first just to start negotiations I'd imagine, then take it from there.
We have been burnt too many times taking future picks, he is one of our best players and as such we would likely want a high price. How high, who knows

It seems like a very strange move to go from one terrible performing team to another when he will likely get very similar money where ever he goes. I think thats pretty self explanatory

Yes because the Dogs are world beaters Carlton have no chance.
What do the Dogs have to do with any of this? Did I mention the Dogs at all? Just because the poster supports the Dogs, doesnt mean that was his rational had anything to do with the Dogs.

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think there will be a lot of excitement around Carlton early next year, especially if they can get a couple more wins in the back end. Strong young list, new coach, new direction. I wouldn't rule them out.
There will be pressure on Martin if GCS end up better than Carlton next year. Very risky to go to club near to GCS on the ladder. Critic already on lever and May.

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Keep it simple: Carlton send Adelaides first pick (~#13) to GC for Martin.

I don’t think he’s worth much more than that.
that's a fair price but is he what Carlton needs? Right sort of age but doesn't seem.to be a strong leader or a true mid, more of.a very good player for a team that is already good.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

MITSUHIRATO

All Australian
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It seems like a very strange move to go from one terrible performing team to another when he will likely get very similar money where ever he goes. I think thats pretty self explanatory

I dont think it's self explanatory at all.

It's apples and oranges when comparing Carlton and GC.

Carlton is a much bigger club with a stronger off field set up for Jack when it comes to GC. He might be the type that would enjoy playing in big games in front of big crowds - so that may be our draw card (on top of the money, business opportunities, based in inner city Melbourne, growing young list etc).

MITSUHIRATO

All Australian
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
that's a fair price but is he what Carlton needs? Right sort of age but doesn't seem.to be a strong leader or a true mid, more of.a very good player for a team that is already good.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard to say really.

We are crying out for more talent across the park in his age group, and he can play as a dangerous lead up medium forward (something we really lack).

He is the type of player strong clubs chase and buy discounted with the potential for it to be a massive win later on with their development/set up.

I dont think it's self explanatory at all.

It's apples and oranges when comparing Carlton and GC.

Carlton is a much bigger club with a stronger off field set up for Jack when it comes to GC. He might be the type that would enjoy playing in big games in front of big crowds - so that may be our draw card (on top of the money, business opportunities, based in inner city Melbourne, growing young list etc).
I would argue there are several other Vic based clubs that can offer exactly what you just said without your record of the last few years

Back