New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and FITE)

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
Sucks im in London right now and missing out on the Showdown or else id totally be there.

Looks like Slex may have signed a contract with NJPW if his twitter is anything to go by the have a roster page up for him now.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Jeez I reckon Ibushi got dropped on his head like half a dozen times.
Terrible match. Both of them need to be gotten a hold of. In fact a lot of them in NJPW do. Osprey is pulling it back but he did stupid s**t for years and Dragon Lee will be needing neck fusion before 30 at this rate.

Terrible match. Both of them need to be gotten a hold of. In fact a lot of them in NJPW do. Osprey is pulling it back but he did stupid **** for years and Dragon Lee will be needing neck fusion before 30 at this rate.

Yeah we don’t want these guys ending up like Shibata or Takahashi. Some real stupid spots that are not worth the risk.

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
I would have thought the deaths of Mitshuharu Misawa and Plum Mariko plus the prevalence of painkiller abuse would have seen the end of the Japanese promotions loving dropping wrestlers dangerously on their heads.

I'm really looking forward to seeing NJPW live but I'd be lying if I didn't feel the style needs to be pulled back. A lot of these guys are terrific wrestlers and don't have to rely on the dangerous stuff to get over. I know I'm a bit of a broken record but I've been watching a lot of All-Japan from the 1980s. Terrific matches which you could buy into but none of the real dangerous staff they started to bring in during the 90s. I can't watch All-Japan from the 90s anymore.

Glad to see many here share the same view.

I would have thought the deaths of Mitshuharu Misawa and Plum Mariko plus the prevalence of painkiller abuse would have seen the end of the Japanese promotions loving dropping wrestlers dangerously on their heads.

I'm really looking forward to seeing NJPW live but I'd be lying if I didn't feel the style needs to be pulled back. A lot of these guys are terrific wrestlers and don't have to rely on the dangerous stuff to get over. I know I'm a bit of a broken record but I've been watching a lot of All-Japan from the 1980s. Terrific matches which you could buy into but none of the real dangerous staff they started to bring in during the 90s. I can't watch All-Japan from the 90s anymore.

Glad to see many here share the same view.
If the rings in Australia are anything like the last New Japan tour here, They won't be taking many risks in the ring.

I think I read on FB or twitter that they're bringing their own rings.
I remember in the Adelaide show, Cody cut a promo after the match saying his arse hurts because of the ring haha.

The G1 Blocks have been announced:
1560687673625.png

Some of these match ups...Okada vs KENTA, ZSJ vs Ospreay, even EVIL vs SANADA I don't think I've seen before. And that's just A Block.
Moxley vs Naito, Ishii... His match with Yano will be fun I'm sure.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I wonder to what extent the blocks were drawn around Moxley. Mox vs Okada, Ibushi, Tana and even ZSJ could all headline a show, and my concern was always about how many great matches/feuds they were giving away. Mox vs Naito is a big one, but Ishii or White? Not so much.

The A block is clearly much more stacked than the B block.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
I wonder to what extent the blocks were drawn around Moxley. Mox vs Okada, Ibushi, Tana and even ZSJ could all headline a show, and my concern was always about how many great matches/feuds they were giving away. Mox vs Naito is a big one, but Ishii or White? Not so much.

The A block is clearly much more stacked than the B block.
Should have had Moxley and Okada in the same block and against each other at Dallas. Would sell a whole lot more tickets. Can even have Mox pull out an upset win as obviously they usually don't want the champ winning the block.

The G1 Blocks have been announced:
View attachment 693703

Some of these match ups...Okada vs KENTA, ZSJ vs Ospreay, even EVIL vs SANADA I don't think I've seen before. And that's just A Block.
Moxley vs Naito, Ishii... His match with Yano will be fun I'm sure.
Oh man this is gonna be good!

Minoru Suzuki also cut a promo asking why he was not picked for the G1.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
They must be struggling to sell tickets. Selling for $35 now. Hate to see it tbh.

$35 is what it's worth... Novelty factor was only going to draw once particularly to shithole Festival Hall. Have it at Melbourne Park with all the stars and people will return.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Terrible match. Both of them need to be gotten a hold of. In fact a lot of them in NJPW do. Osprey is pulling it back but he did stupid **** for years and Dragon Lee will be needing neck fusion before 30 at this rate.

That suicide dive that Dragon did at Dominion could have ended real badly.

I know they've got more space around ringside than WWE does, but they've also got more awkward ungimmicked sharp stuff and people around the ringside area too, so it's pretty dicey just throwing yourself out there like that.

Back