List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least getting something for Amon and Ryder would be an improvement on holding onto players until they have no trade value. I would love it if we moved Ryder on for value and backed in lycett ladhams Hayes Frampton. Prefer to keep Amon but can live with losing him especially if we get some good value for him. Absolutely have to force a trade for a 3rd rounder at absolute minimum. No 4th rounder ********. He should be 1st 22 for his new team.

We should be asking for Harrison petty in a 3 way trade for Amon.
If Amon leaves and with Hoff waning I'd be very worried about our wingman depth.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Shall we start the bidding now? Schoenmakers for Amon, isn't that how it usually opens?

Come on, we all know it will be Hawthorn again.

I still think Ryder would be a perfect fit for GWS.
Yeah I'm fully expecting Amon to go to the Hawks if he goes.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

If Amon leaves and with Hoff waning I'd be very worried about our wingman depth.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Duursma and Bonner looks like a good duo. Motlop and Mayes I can't see improving much. Pudney might be something in a few years. Sam Gray I reckon is better outside 50.

The s**t part will be that Amon and Ryder are both uncontracted.

I’ll be pretty pissed if Karl leaves after finally playing well. Especially since we’ve given him a starting place this year.

That said if we are still mid table it’s hard to prevent him leaving to greener pastures.

Still its way early in the season, I’m sure nothing is set in stone yet.

The **** part will be that Amon and Ryder are both uncontracted.

I’ll be pretty pissed if Karl leaves after finally playing well. Especially since we’ve given him a starting place this year.

That said if we are still mid table it’s hard to prevent him leaving to greener pastures.

If he is really leaving then why play him?

The **** part will be that Amon and Ryder are both uncontracted.

He was put on the trade table last year. He'll probably go which is a shame because he's fulfilling some of his potential atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was put on the trade table last year. He'll probably go which is a shame because he's fulfilling some of his potential atm.

As I understand it, he basically walked out.

He knows it’s his absolute last chance, if he doesn’t make a go of it this years he probably not playing AFL. Playing for his career this year.

Amon wanted out last year and was a chance to leave 2 years ago too. Signed the 2 year deal in September 2017.

Which means as the winter sets in and the game becomes harder for a skilled outside player, if he doesn't pull his weight , then gets replaced by others in the 22. That's why in the Amon thread, I said we wait and see what he does over the winter months before we re-sign him.

If we know he wont be here next year and he is marginal selection, then we don't pick him come late July and August.

Amon needs to go to some club that plays regularly on a ground wider than Adelaide Oval so he doesn't kick it out on the full all the time.

Anyone else feel like the club is gearing up for a draft of Mead + two sliders to make up minimum draft requirements?

Trading first rounder forward to 2020 or for a guy drafted elsewhere within the last three years?

Anyone else feel like the club is gearing up for a draft of Mead + two sliders to make up minimum draft requirements?

Trading first rounder forward to 2020 or for a guy drafted elsewhere within the last three years?

No. We aren't going to rely Mead as our best pick in the draft I shouldn't imagine.
Meads a nice 2nd round pick I'm thinking?

Absolutely on the cards. I posted a while ago that with Ladhams and Lienert needing to be promoted, if we are to take any advantage from the point system, we would need to cut 5 players to draft only Meade to the senior list. Every trade or additional draft pick is another delisting.

The AFL changed the rules so that you can only take picks to the draft if you have a list spot open which is an advantage if you have a senior list of 38 but we have 40 after grabbing Grundy and Woodcock late last year.

Last edited:
The AFL changed the rules so that you can only take picks to the draft if you have a list spot open which is an advantage if you have a senior list of 38 but we have 40 after grabbing Grundy and Woodcock late last year.
I reckon live trading has dramatically changed how clubs stack points for Father/Son picks tbh

No. We aren't going to rely Mead as our best pick in the draft I shouldn't imagine.
Meads a nice 2nd round pick I'm thinking?
My figuring is:

Scenario 1: Club didn’t sack Hinkley

Hinkley wants more proven players, doesnt care about list bump, we hit FA hard and maybe trade someone in

Scenario 2: New coach

Will want to start effecting change of gameplan, maybe via player/s theyve coached previously. Don’t need a bunch of new kids yet, for new coach already has to learn what the virtually untested youth Port already has can do

I reckon live trading has dramatically changed how clubs stack points for Father/Son picks tbh
I’m not sure that’s applicable to us as the squeeze is list places rather than points. We have a stack of 4th round picks we just can’t use them unless we find senior list 7-8 delistings/trade outs.

Do agree though that we saw some teams get great value on draft night by trading second round draft picks for later pick bundles or future picks. It all looked a bit amateur on the video the AFL release so perhaps that will tighten over time.

I’m not sure that’s applicable to us as the squeeze is list places rather than points. We have a stack of 4th round picks we just can’t use them unless we find senior list 7-8 delistings/trade outs.

Do agree though that we saw some teams get great value on draft night by trading second round draft picks for later pick bundles or future picks.
dude we literally trade a bunch of later round picks into Rozee just last year, I’m sure we can turn some fourths into something more usable in trade period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back