Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong change imo.

GWS mids are the fittest in the league, we needed more midfield run.

Ahern would have been the right choice.

Tarryn will go into the midfield to play Higgins role, and Garner will take TT's role up front. Ahern's problem (apart from the fact that he's not absolutely killing it in the 2s) is that his role is filled by Cunnington; you can only have one handball savvy stoppage player

Last edited:
Am I corr
Wrong change imo.

Am I right in thinking both Wood and Garner are capable at running through the midfield as “beast mode” mids?

For some reason I recall thinking they could end up in the midfield one day ages ago?!?!

Tarryn will go into the midfield to play Higgins role, and Garner will take TT's role up front. Ahern's problem (apart from the fact that he's not absolutely killing it in the 2s) is that his role is filled by Cunnington; you can only have one handball savvy stoppage player

Don’t think Ahern and Cunnington play the same role. Higgins is exactly the type of player Ahern is.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wrong change imo.

I think ahern might have been better but not sure 'more midfield run' is the best way to describe ahern, i think that is why he is playing 2s

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think ahern might have been better but not sure 'more midfield run' is the best way to describe ahern, i think that is why he is playing 2s

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He isn’t a burst player, but he can move through traffic and break up the congestion, that’s more what I was referring to.

Wrong change imo.

Ahern isn't exactly an endurance beast. Cunnington, Anderson, Ziebell, Simpkin, LDU, Polec and Dumont is about as good a midfield group as we can put out. Get someone like Tarryn or Zurhaar to chop out a bit more. Let the wings go on ball and push Wood up. We're fielding a very versatile side, plenty of options.

Sunday, June 16
North Melbourne v Greater Western Sydney at Blundstone Arena (Hobart), 3.20pm AEST

NORTH MELBOURNE

In: T.Garner
Out: S.Higgins (AC joint)

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

In: J.Stein, T.Greene, M.Buntine
Out: I.Cumming (head), N.Haynes (ankle), D.Lloyd
New: Jake Stein (Penrith)

We have gone for grunt.

They had better apply it hard and early then.

Love Garner. However team balance with this selection seems a bit off.

Wood, Larkey, Thomas, Zurhaar, Garner does seem a bit over the top. A lot of pressure on LDU and Simpkin to step up. Though perhaps McDonald and Atley could spend time in the middle as Durdin is likely to get good game time. We really can't afford any injuries to the midfield group in the game.

Love Garner. However team balance with this selection seems a bit off.

Wood, Larkey, Thomas, Zurhaar, Garner does seem a bit over the top. A lot of pressure on LDU and Simpkin to step up. Though perhaps McDonald and Atley could spend time in the middle as Durdin is likely to get good game time. We really can't afford any injuries to the midfield group in the game.

We're going to kick & pressure, kick & pressure, kick & pressure, kick & pressure.

You don't need a truck loads of mids to do that.

The final game for Durdin.
Everything I don't want will be cleaned up this year.
Feel sooooooo good

Save Ahern for the Pies, I honestly think we monster them forward of centre.

That is the most promising forward line we've seen for a generation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly if GWS have a weakness it's that they're extremely soft and like an easy outside game with little physicality. I would have preferred Ahern in to Garner but Garner will add to our aggressiveness moreso than Ahern.

If we can put their midfield under pressure and they can't deliver cleanly to Cameron then we're a fair way to winning.

Last edited:
Sunday, June 16
North Melbourne v Greater Western Sydney at Blundstone Arena (Hobart), 3.20pm AEST

NORTH MELBOURNE

In: T.Garner
Out: S.Higgins (AC joint)

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

In: J.Stein, T.Greene, M.Buntine
Out: I.Cumming (head), N.Haynes (ankle), D.Lloyd
New: Jake Stein (Penrith)
Very immature of me I know, but “I Cumming (head)” is the best In/Out I’ve ever god damn seen!

Very immature of me I know, but “I Cumming (head)” is the best In/Out I’ve ever god damn seen!
God, I thought I was the only that made that joke to myself. Small minds think alike...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back