Traded Alex Keath [traded with a future 3rd to Western Bulldogs for #45 and future 2nd]

& the years of a cricket career exceed footy. Its got a way to go for Mitch.
Hope he makes a fortune for himself in the IPL/BBL/domestic cricket but I hope to never see him in the national set up again, severe improvement aside.

Maggsy

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
+ Milera as it's a back 7 including the bench.

Was my preseason back 7... until we got injuries.
Add to that, I think Milera/Seed/Smith/Scholl & McPherson all rotate between half back and the wing - maybe even Doedee.. Things looking good long term for our backline if you ask. We've got all the pieces for a ripping forwardline too, Himmelberg/Fogarty the key pos, then 8-10 mid size guys to rotate around. Just need to sure up the Ruck position and add an absolute top line midfielder (which I think we will land with Carlton's top pick)

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Add to that, I think Milera/Seed/Smith/Scholl & McPherson all rotate between half back and the wing - maybe even Doedee.. Things looking good long term for our backline if you ask. We've got all the pieces for a ripping forwardline too, Himmelberg/Fogarty the key pos, then 8-10 mid size guys to rotate around. Just need to sure up the Ruck position and add an absolute top line midfielder (which I think we will land with Carlton's top pick)
The only thing McPherson is rotating between is the rehab gym and sportsmed SA.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
The dees have emerged as a possible bidder for Keath’s services... Apparently they want to offer $600k or more!.

77C51FAB-0CD4-430D-B80A-3373B16CB656.jpeg

Attachments

• CC5F4EC8-1FD3-41EA-8D20-00AF4835BEA7.jpeg
    CC5F4EC8-1FD3-41EA-8D20-00AF4835BEA7.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 313
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Haven't watched him super closely - is Alex Keath a strong one-on-one defender? Because that's been Melbourne's defensive weakness for as long as I remember; they continue to be slaughtered by opposition tall forwards. They've spent huge on Lever and May, neither of whom are very gifted one on one players (May can be good on his day), Frost is a liability with possession and Oscar McDonald is the main culprit for their inability to shut out key forwards. Is Keath going to be able fix this?

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Haven't watched him super closely - is Alex Keath a strong one-on-one defender? Because that's been Melbourne's defensive weakness for as long as I remember; they continue to be slaughtered by opposition tall forwards. They've spent huge on Lever and May, neither of whom are very gifted one on one players (May can be good on his day), Frost is a liability with possession and Oscar McDonald is the main culprit for their inability to shut out key forwards. Is Keath going to be able fix this?
He can do both. Is also super quick for his size.

Happy with their first rounder for him this year. And isnt it about time Melbourne developed their own defenders?
You aren't getting a Top 5 pick for a 27 year old who was a fringe player before this year. No way.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
What about if that if by season's end player has bedded down a regular best 22 spot and is high up in the club best and fairest and is one of the better defenders in the league
Don't harm dreaming about it.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't harm dreaming about it.
I don't want to lose the guy - he is a good defender. Same as I don't want to lose Greenwood - very good midfielder / forward. Having said that, Your club could use both these guys as they would add a lot to the team balance and help take pressure the younger players. Both are out of contract and for some reason our club is in no rush to resign them

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't want to lose the guy - he is a good defender. Same as I don't want to lose Greenwood - very good midfielder / forward. Having said that, Your club could use both these guys as they would add a lot to the team balance and help take pressure the younger players. Both are out of contract and for some reason our club is in no rush to resign them
Adelaide don't need to, just paid them market value. Keath and greenwood look good with Adelaide but they might need half a season to get use to different game plan with other team by then they are 28-29 years old- Excluding injuries

After Weller deal I can't see GCS give up first round pick or Lukosius /Rankine type of players. The Top management need to cover their ar$E also, not to get sacked for making too many error - trade /draft.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adelaide don't need to, just paid them market value. Keath and greenwood look good with Adelaide but they might need half a season to get use to different game plan with other team by then they are 28-29 years old- Excluding injuries

After Weller deal I can't see GCS give up first round pick or Lukosius /Rankine type of players. The Top management need to cover their ar$E also, not to get sacked for making too many error - trade /draft.
I agree re pay them what they are worth. Both are good players and unless it is because the club are salary load shedding for a big play at maybe Grundy, then we just want the club to sort out a contract extension before other clubs sense they might be able to pry them out and then the cost to extend contracts goes up

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I agree re pay them what they are worth. Both are good players and unless it is because the club are salary load shedding for a big play at maybe Grundy, then we just want the club to sort out a contract extension before other clubs sense they might be able to pry them out and then the cost to extend contracts goes up
Players agent check around their value , I think sometime they ask them to hold on not to sign because other club already asking for their availability.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
In short, no

Melbourne shoild go for a KPF and play T-McDonald back. He is a super defender 1 on 1.

Maybe trade May out for Hogan or someone like that. Though you wouldn't get much for May and Hogan would cost a lot

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Keath and Greenwood for Rankine

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Said in pre season to some crows m8s this bloke will be a gun and he has been so far this yr.
Problem might be if crows the the kitchen sink at grundy might not get as much as he wants as he is already 27?
One of the few crow players i would have a crack at.

Back