Preview Rnd 13 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sat 15th June 7.25PM @ Etihad - Team Post #426

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack will show he’s a brilliant defender and a mile in front of Plowman if they ever give him consistent weeks down back.

JSOS was stiff to get dropped this week. Thought he did a really good job applying pressure in our forward half.

In the back of my mind I was thinking there was potentially an opportunity for the club to dedicate a 2-3 week period for either Dow or Setterfield to have a mini preseason. Could have provided a bit of extra conditioning work for these guys. Bye coming up would have accommodated this.

I could be wrong but I'm basing this off some reports that suggested those two had interrupted preseasons. Setterfield in particular with his ACL recovery.

JSOS was stiff to get dropped this week. Thought he did a really good job applying pressure in our forward half.

In the back of my mind I was thinking there was potentially an opportunity for the club to dedicate a 2-3 week period for either Dow or Setterfield to have a mini preseason. Could have provided a bit of extra conditioning work for these guys. Bye coming up would have accommodated this.

I could be wrong but I'm basing this off some reports that suggested those two had interrupted preseasons. Setterfield in particular with his ACL recovery.

Setterfield's running has really picked up, covered 14km last match. Russell seems to have used that suspension perfectly for a 3 week conditioning block.

Papley over Martin everyday of the week. Would take Martin for our future second plus a sweetener.
Butler doesn't look as hungry anymore. Doesn't play with the same intensity as what he did in their flag year. A pass for mine.
Haven't seen Lynch play but why not. Everyone here seems to love the bloke so he must be able to play.
Cunningham and Elliot, yes please :)
Genuine question, has Collingwoods' Lynch shown much apart from his game against Northen Blues which put him on some peoples radar?

I think that is Jack's best role. Not sure he will be mile in front of Plowman but will be happy if he is

Yeah a couple of posters have said he’s best in the backline. . I’m gonna go for inside mid / still young and 5o games in. He’s developed this year and got better . I’m intrigued.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Genuine question, has Collingwoods' Lynch shown much apart from his game against Northen Blues which put him on some peoples radar?

Fair question. Hopefully others can provide some insight.

All I know is that he's not even 21, so he would still have a lot of upside in his development given the position he plays.

Every year the same thing. We don't have the picks etc to bring in the talent yet every year it happens.

Picks, Future Picks. They can also be traded for multiple picks. Free Agents. Rookies, Delisted Free Agents then we have another selection in February and then a Mid Season draft. Maybe a trade? I thought 5-8 changes was conservative.

How many List Changes have we had since the end of 2018? Maybe 14 or 15?

My original comment was about our potential depth and the players we have plus we will add 5-8 quality players. Never said anything about elite or established or anything else. Strange reaction

Agree totally with you regarding 8-10 changes...totally feasible.
My comment was more around your 5-8 'quality' players coming in next season that to be fair, you have mentioned a few times.

Anyway, I'll be the first to eat my words if we do bring in that amount of quality :thumbsu:

Really hope we turn up to play tomorrow.

We know the Dogs are going to be keen to make a statement after what happened the last time we played.

Our boys need to be ready for a fierce contest.

The way Teague has commented ahead of the game suggests they expect and should be up for it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Way to twist a simple conversation into more ********. Well done See ya

Nope. Sorry, I haven't twisted anything around, I am just responding to your comments such as;

'They're all quality'
'We'll pick up 5-8 quality players'
and

'It's really not that hard to do''

when talking about our list development/drafting and trading next season.

If they were 'all quality', then Shaw, O'shea, Mullet, Smedts etc would still be on the list. Now at some stage in their careers, they displayed some quality attributes, but not in the navy blue.

If picking up 5-8 'quality' players was as simple as you make it sound (eg; just use future picks, grab a couple of DFA's and 2-3 free agents - your own words soap), then why haven't we done it earlier.

Now, I'm not saying we cant recruit and trade very well next season. But if you think we will bring in 8 quality players without compromising our salary cap and losing a talented (but expendable) young player or two, then you are kidding yourself.

Last edited:
Median games: 56 vs 79.

IQR: 85 vs 80.

They are about a year more advanced across the core of the list, ignoring the extrema.

I think it is a pretty good comparison and we won't be using it as an excuse if we lose. We certainly can't afford to get smashed.

5-5 in the 24-27 age range. 11-10 our way 24 and over. 3-3 in the 18-20 range when the physical development still needs work. Having said that it is Fisher's 21st birthday tomorrow and he probably hasn't had that physical development pre-Russell.

I think it is a pretty good comparison and we won't be using it as an excuse if we lose. We certainly can't afford to get smashed.

5-5 in the 24-27 age range. 11-10 our way 24 and over. 3-3 in the 18-20 range when the physical development still needs work. Having said that it is Fisher's 21st birthday tomorrow and he probably hasn't had that physical development pre-Russell.

Certainly exciting to get Fisher and Marchbank into the 50-100 game bracket soon.

Cripps, Plowman, Weitering, McGovern, C. Curnow, Petrevski-Seton, Fisher and Marchbank. Need these guys to keep playing together, the improvement will come rapidly next year.

Dow, McKay, O'Brien, Cuningham, Walsh and Setterfield to enter that bracket in a year or two. Walsh doesn't belong in that group though, already performing to an elite standard.

Keep these 14 guys healthy and playing collectively for the rest of the year.

Interquartile range, measure of spread around the median. Mostly useless in this assessment.

We're pretty close to the Bulldogs in experience, they're just a tad more game-hardened in that core bracket.

We have more talent.
Thanks...

You explained it and I still don't get it. LOL!:p

Forgive my ignorance but... IQR?
The interquartile range (IQR) is a measure of variability, based on dividing a data set into quartiles.

Quartiles divide a rank-ordered data set into four equal parts. The values that divide each part are called the first, second, and third quartiles; and they are denoted by Q1, Q2, and Q3, respectively.

So if Q1 gets more kicks than Q2 and Q3, they get pretty shat off.

Simple really :think:

My apologies to the thread, last night I wrote a disrespectful post mentioning Murph. I’d had some beers throughout the afternoon and what I was trying to post came out very wrong. Would like to move on, apologies to all.
Sorry mate I don’t post UNLESS I’ve had a few beers😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back