Opinion If you had one pick

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Millane was being groomed if he could clean up his act. Which could have gone either way but they were equally courageous and showed leadership qualities but Pants more vocal than Rowdy.

Pants would have been 28 turning 29 at the start of the 94 season, not sure if he was the right age profile.

Carman, Greening or Millane would be fantastic but right now it's probably the coach we need in the guts

Bucks

The way we kick for goal, it has to Peter McKenna - still the best kick for goal I've seen in a Collingwood jumper.

I wish I had seen McKenna but he finished at the Pies when I was 1yo.

My fave player is Daics but first picked is Gavin Brown.

For jaw dropping awesomeness - Daicos
For stunning impact - Greening
For courageous leadership - Brown

But for the present landscape where we lurch from season to season with a never ending list of injuries and need to plug list holes on the run only one makes sense

Buckley - champion . . . everywhere.

Just ask Carey lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF we can add any player, playing at their best, then Leigh Matthews.

High possession winner when on-ball, superb goal kicker, and unbelievably tough. The team would have a captain-coach on the field.

IF it is a Collingwood player, given our current list, then Buckley and Moore would add most value.

Would go for Moore. Play him 20 per cent in ruck and the rest forward (deep or high to mess with opposition defensive structures).

He won two Brownlows and would perfectly suit the contemporary game. With his aerobic capacity he would also be a high-leading option to kick-outs.

Very smart guy as well - would have useful insights to the formulation of game plans.

(Of course, it gets weird that his son would be playing in the same team, but hey Collingwood breeds young)

He’s be handy in our forward line.

How would he go against modern defensive structures, with no space to lead into? Plus being double or triple teamed every contest instead of having 1v1s all game? Plus having to actually chase and tackle.

That'd be interesting.

Loved almost every game I saw on Peter Daicos and he would be mine.

The guy was magic - if he'd played soccer he would have been like Messi

Every now and again I watch his YouTube highlights; just makes me smile and remember adolescence

So glad he played in a premiership

The guy was magic - if he'd played soccer he would have been like Messi

Every now and again I watch his YouTube highlights; just makes me smile and remember adolescence

So glad he played in a premiership
Yep, I watch those YouTube highlights as well, saying to myself, I was there for that one, and that one, and that one....

And you're right, watching him just makes you smile. It was a privilege to see him play live.

Peter Daicos.
Pick him and plant him forward for his entire career. Uninjured and with around 14 seasons he’d kick 1000 goals.
Brilliant player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back