AFL Toast Rnd 13: Win against the Hawkes

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, * Hawthorne.
Why do we have to put up with rubbish calls like Bruest's push in the back, the free against an upright, standing Guelfi for diving on it and a non call on Poppy who held the ball for a week while being tackled by 2 Bombers. This is ridiculous and costs us a greater win.
And the AFL don't like booing? Sort this umpiring s**t out then....
Don't get me started on the Hawks captain- what a ******* grub. Good way to tarnish your career, flog!
On a good note, well played Parish, Clarke, Langers and the back 6.

My five year old just got up and asked ‘Dad, how much did the poo and wee team have?’
I said with a big smile ‘Not enough! BOMBERS WON!!!’ (Insert crazy dancing from everyone in the kitchen and Dad spilling his coffee. Dog is currently cleaning that up.)

Gee it feels good to beat those aresholes.

Some Hawks’ fans genuinely believe they’re in the race for Coniglio. Once they become bottom four club no one will go there.

Good win and really should have been by 8 goals or so. Loved the way we worked them out, didn’t panic with their possession game. Their high possession count was manly from their dinky passes.

Defence was great again, surely now one of the best in the league. Big test next week though

Firstly, **** Hawthorne.
Why do we have to put up with rubbish calls like Bruest's push in the back, the free against an upright, standing Guelfi for diving on it and a non call on Poppy who held the ball for a week while being tackled by 2 Bombers. This is ridiculous and costs us a greater win..
i didnt even realise breust was playing until #freekickhawthorn kicked in

Reckon Hawthorne can lay claim to having the worst 2 captains at any clubs I have ever seen. Firstly Richie vandenberg and now this crab Stratton. Staggering when have players like Gunston, Silk and JOM around the place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luvn the 'Yabby' reference.
What is the correct call on a group of Yabbies, apart from scum, though 'A Scum of Yabby' does have a nice ring to it.

Our back 6 honestly is arguably the best in the comp outside of geelong’s. Thought we boxed really smart, absorbing their early punches, before picking them apart when the opportunities opened with the likes of Saady & Irish who were devastating.

Our full ground pressure is getting back to where it was this time last year & given our win:loss is much better, I think we’ll be playing finals all things being equal with list health.

I think we’re some chance next week too.

Only got to see about 15 mins of the first and last qtr so can't really comment on the game itself.
Great to get a good win, would have been nice if we could have finished it off a bit better. From the bits I saw Saad was awesome, Hooker was a rock and Parish was working his arse off.

Two passages of play that summed up Langford as a player for me; half way through the first when the HAwks had had the ball locked in their fwd half there was a ball-up inside their 50. The ball comes out to Langford who had at least 5 meters of space but he just panic kicks and it goes out on the full resulting in another Hawks fwd entry - he had time/space to find an option but he just doesn't process the game/have spatial awareness when there's lots of players/pressure around.
In the last qtr he worked he tail off first up and then across the ground as the high-half forward, eventually being the outlet for a switch of play where he delivered the ball into our 50 and we ended up with goal.
The guys is natural forward, just play him there where he can use his skills 1 on 1 and impact the game in a positive way.

Was goal-umpire for one of the little league games as the players came back on after half time. The Essendon team basically ran through the middle of our game (some of these guys are fooking huge up close) and Stringer trots past me giving me a wry little smile, I call out "big 2nd half mate, bury these pricks (the hight of wit and banter, I know) he just shrugs and goes "it's in the bag" before jogging over to join the group. Love that guy :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back