Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did Shaw consult Scott before making this change?

Why do we refuse to play Ahern?

It does beg the question; “if not now, when?”

I can only assume that they really want to see what LDU/Jy can do without the Higgins safety net and secondly they want a vice like forward line .

It does seem like the perfect opportunity to reward Ahern who has been tackling and accumulating in the twos.

Perhaps we will hear some thinking around this stuff over the next 24 hours.

Garner replacing Higgo has all the hallmarks of poor selection - messes with the structure and leaves us a mid down.

Willing to back Shaw on this one though given he has started his coaching career so well.

What if right, Tarryn Thomas and Cam Zurhaar can play midfield?

What if right, Tarryn Thomas and Cam Zurhaar can play midfield?

Last time Ahern played in Hobart = 37 touches, 22 contested possessions, 12 clearances

They will struggle to hit half those CP/CL numbers combined.

I am sorry - spin it any way you like - but Ahern not being selected is ludicrous and was one of the key reasons we wanted Scott out.

Last time Ahern played in Hobart = 37 touches, 22 contested possessions, 12 clearances

I am sorry - spin it any way you like - but Ahern not being selected is ludicrous and was one of the key reasons we wanted Scott out.
Please. Ahern missing had nothing to do with scott getting the flick. I think the fact we were 2 and 7 after his 9 years at the helm may have been a bigger factor for those on here, including myself, calling for a fresh set of eyes. Funnily enough, a second senior coach hasnt played him.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Please. Ahern missing had nothing to do with scott getting the flick.

Sure. But it pissed most of us and it gave us a reason to bash Scott.

Now it keeps happening and everybody thinks our selection team are geniuses.

The result tomorrow proves nothing. Ahern is in our best 22 with or without Higgins.

I'm a big fan of Ahern and I reckon he could have come in and played the role.

I'm also a huge fan of Tarryn, Zurhaar and Taylor Garner.

Tarryn's going to end up playing large spells as a Big Midfielder, Zurhaar has stated he wants to play inside mid, and we know TG can play that role.

What if Shaw's metric for that role this week is not to win CPs - leave that to Cunners, LDU, Jy (who is ramping his numbers up hugely), Jack and Jed - but to have someone who tackles like he wants to kill? Every time?

Who does that better - Tarryn/TG/Zurhaar or Ahern?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If time has proven anything, it is that Ahern like most players has deficiencies. And he can work on them in the reserves.

I have no doubt at all that like LDU and others, Brad *ed Ahern's development with overcoaching.

I have no doubt at all that like LDU and others, Brad ******ed Ahern's development with overcoaching.
Yeah not sure aherns development is cooked.

He has been back after a long time out less than 18 months. Playing reserves isnt a sign things are going poorly. People on here are impatient. He will get his chance under the new regime, hopefully after stringing some consistent footy together.

I feel like Higgins has played a more outside role in the past month anyway. We have plenty of capable stoppage mids - really you just want your core few (Ben, Jed, Jack, maybe Luke and Jy to an extent) and you can run other guys through.

It does beg the question; “if not now, when?”

I can only assume that they really want to see what LDU/Jy can do without the Higgins safety net and secondly they want a vice like forward line .

It does seem like the perfect opportunity to reward Ahern who has been tackling and accumulating in the twos.

Perhaps we will hear some thinking around this stuff over the next 24 hours.

When he can chase, spread & tackle better.

THis isn't an anti-Ahern conspiracy mate.

Garner instead of Ahern for Higgo is a head scratcher. Would be a like for like replacement, would keep the team structure stable. Imo, despite his deficiencies, the bloke is best 22, and the fact that he can't even get a gig when one of our premium mids goes down is worrying. Garner looked underdone in his few performances this season, and whilst he's probably got more juice in his legs from the stint in the magoos, surely you'd let him solidify his fitness for a few more weeks and give him an opportunity to come in either through a forward injury or an omission. Just a weird decision. This only fuels my nagging suspicion that Brad was used as a scapegoat for the incompetence of the board.

Yeah not sure aherns development is cooked.

He has been back after a long time out less than 18 months. Playing reserves isnt a sign things are going poorly. People on here are impatient. He will get his chance under the new regime, hopefully after stringing some consistent footy together.

Oh yeah, I haven't written him or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back