Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Beams has played to a higher level, but he also lost a ysar to injury at Brisbane and is about to lose another half a season. There's a long way to go, but from the point of trade until the end of fheir careefs, we'll probably be looking at 6 years of Beams versus 10 years of Crisp. I'm taking Crisps 10 years.

Beams also lost the best part of a year to injury in his previous stint at Collingwood (2013?).

When comparing careers, durability has to be taken into account. Crisp well ahead on this part of the equation.

One of our best kicks if not the best in our team imo. Watching the replay atm and he had a very good game by foot.

Come along way since ‘spud delist’.
He's a very good kick when he has time, but does need a fair bit of wind up time. It's one reason why I want him to remain in defence rather than becoming a mid like has been mooted.

Not sure he has the foot speed for the midfield. Love him where he is. Maynard is such an enduring player I think he will have a long AFL career.
He’s actually quite quick. Quicker than most of our mids tbh.

He’s been terrific.

Really strong and has that raking kick.

And he knows to get in opponents faces, but in the right way.

Tough as teak.

Not sure why everybody has to be moved to the midfield when they play well. Its as if you havent made it as a footballer until youre competing at the centre bounce.. ...........

Nobody ever says, that midfielder is fantastic. We should move him to the half back flank and he'll be even better.

Just leave him there ffs!!!!!!!

(or maybe give him a run in the ruck)

Love his attitude in the back area; that controlled aggression (at the ball).
He can tease the opposition but in a way that doesn’t cross the line.
He’s not a nasty type; just straight at the ball.

Personally, I would like to see Maynard replace Mayne in that defensive midfield role on the wing for a period. This would allow the inclusion and development of either IQ or Appleby in defence.

Personally, I would like to see Maynard replace Mayne in that defensive midfield role on the wing for a period. This would allow the inclusion and development of either IQ or Appleby in defence.

If and when that moment comes it will be Aish or Greenwood moved into a role like that. But for the time being Mayne is a lock.

One of our best kicks if not the best in our team imo. Watching the replay atm and he had a very good game by foot.

Come along way since ‘spud delist’.

His kicking is overrated. Too many times his kicks miss his target by metres land uncontested on the chest of an opposition player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If and when that moment comes it will be Aish or Greenwood moved into a role like that. But for the time being Mayne is a lock.
Yeah, I don't think so. Greenwood is the similar age as Mayne (30,31+) and will be kaput by the end of this season or the next.
Aish is definitely a possibility to move to the wing. Obviously, I would like to see change sooner than you and would prefer Maynard, to each his own.

Yeah, I don't think so. Greenwood is the similar age as Mayne (30,31+) and will be kaput by the end of this season or the next.
Aish is definitely a possibility to move to the wing. Obviously, I would like to see change sooner than you and would prefer Maynard, to each his own.

It really depends on the time frame youre talking about. I assume you were suggesting it happens now or soon. I wasnt talking about 2021.

Not really, why would you move a player into a new position to develop if they won't be around. Aish and Maynard will be around for some time to come I would imagine.

You never mentioned development, youre making it up as you go along!!!

You could equally say move Stephenson to the midfield and drop everybody over the age of 27.

Will that help us win a flag this year?

Do you think our list has a problem with developing players?

Last edited:
Maynard replace Mayne......never change bigfooty.

I wouldn't have any qualms with them swapping ....

....their numbers.

It can’t happen sr36 he has already given it to his daughter to be.

Why anyone would suggest a change to our defense which IMO has been our best position is soooooooo bigfooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back