Review Round 13 - Gold Coast vs St. Kilda (Townsville)

Remove this Banner Ad

I look at our injury list and I see who can possibly provide relief there. Guys like GHS should clearly not be playing.

I seen Ainsworth as due to come back in about a month. And that's it. So this is as good as our midfield is going to get. I'm worried about that.

I look at our injury list and I see who can possibly provide relief there. Guys like GHS should clearly not be playing.

I seen Ainsworth as due to come back in about a month. And that's it. So this is as good as our midfield is going to get. I'm worried about that.
Bowes, Miller, Scheer

After round 1 loss to the Saints I was happy to be so close to them.

this weeks loss to the Saints and I'm gutted. I guess the perspective on where the team is at compared to where they were predicted to be has changed that narrative. Which is a good thing. Maybe.

Also, our percentage went up. So that's good?

Good call on Miller.

I don't think Bowes will play again this season. At least in the 1s.

Scheer shouldn't be relief on to make any sort of impact in our midfield.
I think brad will, works hard, tackles and his spread and run is miles ahead oh some of the other inside mids we have.

Are you kidding.
Hanley is our best ball user.
Bowes developing into a A Grader as is Ainsworth.
Collins best defender ditto Thompson.
Miller
Young
Lemmens
Rankine
Could easily argue missing almost 10 of best 22.

Are you kidding.
Miller
Young
Lemmens
Rankine
I was talking midfield specifically.

Miller I missed, yep. Ainsworth I noted.

I don't think Bowes is coming back.

The rest are not mids, which is where our issue is at the moment.

After round 1 loss to the Saints I was happy to be so close to them.

this weeks loss to the Saints and I'm gutted. I guess the perspective on where the team is at compared to where they were predicted to be has changed that narrative. Which is a good thing. Maybe.

Also, our percentage went up. So that's good?

If you’re happy with continual mediocre performances then that’s alright but it’s about time this club realised it’s not a vfl club from Melbourne with 100 years of history And 30/40k members!
This is a team that’s played 189 games for 47 wins and struggling to reach 13k members.. something has to change

Last edited:
Mid's, mids, more mids. Somehow, some way, the power-brokers at the club (and the AFL) need to work out a way to get us a couple of b+-grade mids. Not superstars of the game, but dependable week-in week-out types.

If the first phase of this rebuild has been about building team unity and effort, then it's still a pass for me. But next year will be ugly if we can't help our key position players develop by controlling the play with some quality ball movers.

I don't have a clue how that happens. If we go fishing in the pond that delivered GHS, then it's a huge worry.

If you’re happy with continual mediocre performances then that’s alright but it’s about time this club realised it’s not a vfl club from Melbourne with 100 years of history And 30/40k members!
This is a team that’s played 189 games for 47 wins and struggling to reach 13k members.. something has to change
Just trying to find some glimmer of hope for the back half of the season. It's going to be a long one I feel. We don't run into many of the bottom teams again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just trying to find some glimmer of hope for the back half of the season. It's going to be a long one I feel. We don't run into many of the bottom teams again.
I think we’ve got just 2 things to look forward to for the remainder of the year-

1) Get Izak Rankine on the field for a few games to entertain us; and
2) The Trading and Drafts to see how we can improve the list.

If we somehow snag a win or two that would be an unexpected bonus.

GHS with no tackles today. Amid 7 possessions. He played a lot of midfield too.

Hard to see him playing again with Miller due back and now Scheer back.

I let it be known last week what I want to do with Murdoch and GHS involving a taxi to the airport and a one way ticket

But it was removed
I wasn’t given a point at least though

End of the first half GHS just kept putting it out of bounds. Great character around the joint, but doesn't look up to it.
I was dubious of the value of our recruiting him. St. Kilda players were just running around and past him all afternoon. Would rather play Dawson, Nutting or Heron, and they’re NEAFL players at best.

Richmond recruit Ellis and MILES perform much better Geelong recruit , Murdoch and GHS hit retirement fund jackpot.

Are you kidding.
Miller
Young
Lemmens
Rankine
o_Oo_Oo_O
haha
never thought id see this comment.
Lemmens definitely looked best 22 calibre in his half a game this year.

That was the most frustrating game to watch. We had it. I have to agree with Dew's presser. In the second half players expected it to happen after 31 points ahead. We actually won clearances but transition, spread was another story. Yes, we were 1 year younger, missing 9 best 22 but to waste such a lead is extremely disappointing.

Bad
Another loss. A win would do wonders to the team, the club, attracting new players.

Yes, GHS is incredibly slow. He was one of too many slow players.

Good
No injuries. A couple of good players coming in after bye. Miller, Hanley will make a difference for sure. Collins, Ainsworth, Lemmens, Rankine not far behind hopefully.

Ah Chee first half was great. He's a player. With more match fitness he looks ready to deliver.

I thought Ellis was decent, with more games he will be ok.

Ballard (especially) and Powell. Just love them. Another preseason and they will be killing it.

King is a great talent, smart, works hard. Together with Lukosius in a couple of years they will be joy to watch (if they stay - of course they stay).

Joyce had a very good first half.

Really enjoyed Weller's game. He's taking it more on.

We will reap rewards next year. If injuries are kind to us after bye, I am actually optimistic about getting 2-3 more wins. But then we can get even more injuries.

Dammit
Great opportunity blown.

Luko had some young player plays today at critical times - he's only played a handful down back so disappointed but not worried.
King shows a lot but needs to build fitness
Weller a star

Good games first up from Day and Ah Chee
Few uncharacteristic fumbles / drops from Powell.

GHS not AFL standard, didn't think Ellis was great either although did get his hands on it a bit which was his main fault at Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back