Religion Religions and rudeness.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have an idea
because none of you 3 or 4 have a clue how to debate this I think you need to go find another 3 or 4 guys that can help you come back and give me a proper debate

Constantine & the fluke of fate?

Are you being selective yet again?
why is it a fluke of fake
can you give us a rundown on what Europe was before Christianity and how Christianity didn't shape EVERYTHING you have today

and argue that Christian civilization created a massive spike in culture as far as literature and the arts, architecture and festivals compared to the nihilism of today

you can thank Emperor Constantine for that

why is it a fluke of fake
can you give us a rundown on what Europe was before Christianity and how Christianity didn't shape EVERYTHING you have today

and argue that Christian civilization created a massive spike in culture as far as literature and the arts, architecture and festivals compared to the nihilism of today

This is irrelevant to my question, as this is POST Constantine.

I have already acknowledged that Christianity has influenced civilisation.

but you can't prove the big bang theory!
i have had this debate with you before and i am not getting into it again, you don't understand science doesn't "prove" anything, due to the existence of potential falsifications. A hypothesis for example is never proven, due to existence of other hypotheses. Once you get a grip of how "evidence" in science works and how it differs from the evidence i am talking about, we can have this discussion. Till then, see ya.

This is irrelevant to my question, as this is POST Constantine.

I have already acknowledged that Christianity has influenced civilisation.
so Constantine influenced everything about who we are today

and as for context why don't you explain what Europe was before Christianity?

ok let's do it this way

lots of other places were not influenced by Christianity let's have a philosophical discussion about progressive civilization in those societies that were not immersed in Christianity in the same way

anther gem
You really are laughingly bothersome and IMO suffer from a rather large case of delusions of grandeur syndrome.

I notice you haven't addressed my reasons for my disbelief in a creator (ie. personal experience) no surprise, you like to pick and choose and take out of context.

i have had this debate with you before and i am not getting into it again, you don't understand science doesn't "prove" anything, due to the existence of potential falsifications. A hypothesis for example is never proven, due to existence of other hypotheses. Once you get a grip of how "evidence" in science works and how it differs from the evidence i am talking about, we can have this discussion. Till then, see ya.
my point is you can't prove it

you're going on a theory

it's not even a feeling

like you don't have a feel for the big bang theory do you?

you're not feeling it the way you feel love or empathy for instance!

do you?

so Constantine influenced everything about who we are today

Yep.

Jesus has NOTHING to do with it.:thumbsu:

You should be worshiping a Roman emperor.

You need to ditch the crucifix and get yourself one of these:

1560594152488.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really are laughingly bothersome and IMO suffer from a rather large case of delusions of grandeur syndrome.

I notice you haven't addressed my reasons for my disbelief in a creator (ie. personal experience) no surprise, you like to pick and choose and take out of context.
I've said this a few times

I'm not telling you about you

it's you attacking religion and attempting to ridicule

let me make this clear..I don't care what you think lol

but you're proving you're not tolerant of religion!
or the right to religion

I think this is what I'm saying

your arguments are ridiculous and nonsensical

Let it go mate, he has failed basic comprehension (and i am not trying to insult him). Save your time and energy for a poster offering some understanding atleast.

I've said this a few times

I'm not telling you about you

it's you attacking religion and attempting to ridicule

let me make this clear..I don't care what you think lol

but you're proving you're not tolerant of religion!
or the right to religion

I think this is what I'm saying

your arguments are ridiculous and nonsensical
I can tolerate religion quite well THS, however I do find the belief in an omniscient, omnipresent, judgmental creator who is fascinated with among other things human genitalia hysterically funny.

The only place I laugh out loud re religious belief is on this forum, it's entertaining to me, it plays no part in my life off line.

haha

there you go again

more gems

Not gems, the time and effort needed to educate you about science is really not worth it, despite explaining stuff about how science works with a dummies guide, you still came back with the same old rhetoric. Carry on debating with people who got the patience.

I still can't find any evidence that God doesn't exist
and that everything we have today isn't due to Christianity and everything it inspired because Roman Emperor Constantine was inspired and inspired the inspiration to western civilization through God!

I'm not sure how you can't understand the historical context to this

take religion away and the inspiration to cultural and artistic greatness has been turned into a nihilistic abyss

Not gems, the time and effort to educate you about science is really not worth it, despite explaining stuff about how science works with a dummies guide, you still came back with the same old rhetoric.
science works without proof and you can shape how science works to prove stuff without definitive proof

ok

I get it;

but I call that faith

and faith is a religion

I'm not worshipping an emperor though I do believe he shaped western civilization for 1700 years by promoting the worship of Christ who inspired greatness

you disagree?

No mate, it was a superstitious pagan who had a vision. It was a random historical event.

This is why you are a christian, and there's no other reason.

I can tolerate religion quite well THS, however I do find the belief in an omniscient, omnipresent, judgmental creator who is fascinated with among other things human genitalia hysterically funny.

The only place I laugh out loud re religious belief is on this forum, it's entertaining to me, it plays no part in my life off line.

Yeah, what's with all the "guilt"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back