Prediction Round 14: Changes vs Melbourne + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Stephen Hill coming in after no footy was a very questionable decision but will probably stay in to build, which will also be a questionable decision. Should not of been picked ahead of Bennell IMO.

I want this but I don't think any changes will be made unless forced or will Cerra come straight back into the side after being crook? if so who for ?
In: Bennell
Out: Tucker

Last edited:
Thought Cox worked very hard to bring the ball to ground but then also applied decent pressure at times.

Don’t see any obvious outs. Tucker was diabolical with disposal but he’s surely not on the outer.

S. Hill was not really sighted early but built as the game wore on.

Very even performance.

Out: first half turnovers
In: Last quarter domination.

Cox was terrible early, but did some good thing as the match went on. And the goal.

Unchanged.

Unfortunately some guys that did well are going to be dropped, harsh on them but great for our depth
Out Duman (and I like him a lot), Bewley
In Cerra, Bennell
Cox is perhaps lucky every other option for ruck-forward has a leg in plaster.

You would think if Cerra is fully over his illness he would be a chance to come in for, probably, Bewley.
I know Bewley was better than Tucker today but Tucker would have more runs on the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bewley has to stay. Need to get him up to speed and kicking it 20 times a game. Would become and absolute weapon if he did that.

There were an absolute shedload of awful skill errors and turnovers today by many players but I am going to scapegoat Tucker (even though he should have credits). I also don't think Bennell is coming in yet.

In: Cerra

Bewley has to stay. Need to get him up to speed and kicking it 20 times a game. Would become and absolute weapon if he did that.

There were an absolute shedload of awful skill errors and turnovers today by many players but I am going to scapegoat Tucker (even though he should have credits). I also don't think Bennell is coming in yet.

In: Cerra
Already played on MCG. He deserves to stay.
Apart from Tucker, who had a near mare, that last quarter saved him, not sure who to come out. Positive that Hill got through that with a few great kicks.
Darcy has to back up next week against Gawn. Quite weary that we need a back up to help. But Jones hardly adequate replacement

Already played on MCG. He deserves to stay.
Apart from Tucker, who had a near mare, that last quarter saved him, not sure who to come out. Positive that Hill got through that with a few great kicks.
Darcy has to back up next week against Gawn. Quite weary that we need a back up to help. But Jones hardly adequate replacement
If Shill pulls up he stays in. Will get better each week as Blakely has done.

I am not adverse to letting Cerra force his way in either as I don't think he has been better than Tucker this year and nobody really deserves to be dropped but I suspect Ross will want him back in.

Duman and Tucker weren’t great. We can cover them replace them with someone who can kick or defend. Dumans man kicked 4 and at one point torched him on the run back after a turnover.

This is probably more of a prematch comment, but today Port managed to take more grabs in the forward 50 then I can remember seeing in a long time. No surprise it was their tall timber as well - Pearce wasn't just an amazing defender, he had the height to knock back 90% of the incoming missiles.

There's just no way to combat this, and for some teams bombing it on might start working more often unless we can throw some extra height in Cox or Darcy occasionally.

Melbourne have tough inside mids but I feel we at least match them with Fyfe, Mundy, Blakely, Conca, Brayshaw. Where we can expose them is with speed and we need better disposal.

Based on that I’d be tempted to go:

OUT: Tucker (omit), Switta (inj)
IN: Cerra, Bennell

I’d move Sonny forward to take Switta’s role as the pressure forward and roll Hilly and Bennell through the forward flanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back