Autopsy Walters kicks a bag & beats Port - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

I said it in the other thread & I'll say it again now.
Zak Butters can go and get ****ed with that sort of embellishment.
Port played dirty today. They’ve been playing that way since round 1. I don’t think the umpires missed too many free kicks and they paid ones that were there.

Now about Butters. What a soft, unlikeable player.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought Logue’s game was quite good considering. I know he had 4 bad turnovers today but I think that was a product of being out of the game so long and trying to be creative. Possibly kicking more than he should too

Hopefully he can tidy that up in the coming weeks and be a real asset

Port again let down by their so called leaders when the game is up for grabs. They’ve got Boak and then nada when the going gets tough.
Ryder is passive. I mean one ruck and e still can’t really dominate us? Apart from the first two goals, he doesn’t do a lot around the ground.

First game I've been too in 7 weeks. So good to be back at the footy.
Some of my thoughts are same as others
Impressed with the way Lougue stepped in after a year and a half out. He has a long way to go, but that was a solid first up effort.
Brayshaw is going to make it. The way he puts himself in harm's way after such a significant injury is very impressive.
On the other hand: Yuk! What a horrible, shameful effort by Butters. Stamping out head injuries is an important part of the modern game. To fake head high contact is as unethical as pinching.

I thought Logue’s game was quite good considering. I know he had 4 bad turnovers today but I think that was a product of being out of the game so long and trying to be creative. Possibly kicking more than he should too

Hopefully he can tidy that up in the coming weeks and be a real asset

He played much better than I was expecting. Would have to be close to the best game he's played.

The skills were diabolical, but it was a fun game to watch. Port probably scored at least half of their points from our turn overs. Let's hope the cobwebs have been blown out!

- A masterclass by Walters. Simply outstanding.
- Hogan is starting to fire. The big man's getting his swagger back.
- Darcy stood up, particularly in the last quarter which was fantastic to see.
- S.Hill very rusty, as was Logue, but both will be better for the run.
- Thought Fyfe battled well going head to head with Boak.
- Luke Ryan with another very solid game.

Last edited:
Seems to be plenty of chatter on the main board about the lopsided free kick count, and 32-15 is a rogering for Port the poor bastards. But i am going to feel like an eagle supporter posting this - apart from Walters getting a stupid free to gift him a goal it didn't seem like there was much bias towards us watching the game. I was surprised by the 32-15 margin when I read it after.
There was one mark I saw that was not paid.

Other than that it was ok.

Just got back, pretty drunk,

- Brayshaw making habit of coming alive and really smashing in the 4th.
- Logue I doubted you but you have best 22 written all over you.
- We missed Shills class so bad. Couple of moments were so beautiful I almost teared up from the great man.
- Cox is looking leaner and more mobile and the second efforts are starting the accumulate.
- Ryan wasnt injured and was immense
- Bewley and Switta are really starting the get a feel for things.
- Mundy is honestly such a Royals Royce v12 I cant even believe it, just hums along late in games like hes barely tried and turns games.
- Darcy was totally fine and probably won out in the last.
- Im not to sure about Tucker/Hughes at the moment, I feel they should be a little more along than they are. They were both fine but I want more consistently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Cox is looking leaner and more mobile and the second efforts are starting the accumulate.
Sorry, but Cox has the agility and speed of the titanic and I have been pissed off at what appears to be his lack of second effort and going up for marking contests with one arm. He’s lucky Tabs and Lobb are both injured.

Sorry, but Cox has the agility and speed of the titanic and I have been pissed off at what appears to be his lack of second effort and going up for marking contests with one arm. He’s lucky Tabs and Lobb are both injured.
Bro im not Cox fan, I miss my boy Cam but I feel Cox is making incremental steps forward.

YMOAV7C.gif

Darcy off to a slow start understandably but didn’t he ever come good. Really pleased for him and Lycet ran out of steam trying to keep up with him.
Brayshaw had a tremendous game and ran down a few. Fyfe enormous and Shill came good as well.
Brill fast in the leg and he splits the opponents up. Mundy ever reliable, what a player.
Wilson back to his best and the whole defender played like they were possessed.
Not sure about Cox but he did score a great goal and tried hard. Logan seemed a lot more confident and would be pleased with his goals. Maters good but can still be a bit selfish but great goal from him when Sonny was calling for it. Might have gotten a mouthful from Sonny had he missed. Logie did very well for a bloke that has been out for so long.
The whole lot wonderful lot of them stirred our spirits.
Sonny, what on earth can you say about him?
Bloody magic!

Butters deserved that free kick. The dive back wasn't necessary but the free kick was there. We had a very good run with the umps, but we were due.
Yeah from what I could see the free kick itself was there before he put his mayo on it. s**t dive but the actual free itself was there

Butters deserved that free kick. The dive back wasn't necessary but the free kick was there. We had a very good run with the umps, but we were due.

The free kick was the correct call. But about 5 seconds before that Hughes had his head over the ball and copped a high one when Grey or Boak kicked it out of basically Hughes' hands.

Some iffy calls all game but that one irked me as Hughes should have got the free first.

Think Cox is copping it a bit rough on here. Thought he was good, didn't lose many contests if any, and he often directed the ball down to a teammate or an advantageous position. He's rather clever and evasive for someone his size too. I think people often confuse him taking time to make decisions with laziness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back