World Cup Day 17 Australia v Sri Lanka @ The Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You still don't plan for a WC 4 years out.
I bet you they do.

They’d have started planning for England within a year of lifting it at the G.

Watson, Johnson, Bailey, Clarke, Doherty all predictable outs in need of replacements. Faulkner admittedly was the shock in that bunch.

They’d have been monitoring and promoting guys on A tours in the hope they’d be able to step into the side in future.

We're not going to improve by gifting games to players who aren't ready.

That is fair.
Rock and a hard place really then isn’t it.

Make players earn it and stick with guys who won’t get it done in 4 years or lower your standards and possibly have no better chance in 4 years.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I bet you they do.

They’d have started planning for England within a year of lifting it at the G.

Watson, Johnson, Bailey, Clarke, Doherty all predictable outs in need of replacements. Faulkner admittedly was the shock in that bunch.

They’d have been monitoring and promoting guys on A tours in the hope they’d be able to step into the side in future.

That is fair.
Rock and a hard place really then isn’t it.

Make players earn it and stick with guys who won’t get it done in 4 years or lower your standards and possibly have no better chance in 4 years.
There's a big difference in 1 year for the Ashes and 4 years for a WC.

You think they would say to Finch " Finchy, you've had a great WC but you won't be there for the next one so see ya later".

Not going to happen.

I reckon our WC record stands for itself.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
But then a tournament with quarter finals just keeps those poor teams in longer, any format will be wrong when the majority of sides aren't playing great.
And that's the problem, not enough strong teams at ODI level, the bottom 6 teams just can't go for long enough which is why they excel at T20 level.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
We still have shitloads of issues but I guess It's better to keep winning while we try and figure it out.

I would go with this side for now

Warner
Finch
Khawaja
Smith
M marsh
Maxwell
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Richardson

Ussie needs a score or he goes for marsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RohitSharma

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2015
Bandra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United and Barcelona
Even the umpires are bored, just appeal for anything and they will raise their finger

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't think there are any left. It wasn't a good experience at 3am - lukewarm chips, dried out chicken, half-thawed potato.

Haci's Kebabs corner of Bell & St.George (Melbourne) is my late night go-to.

When I lived in Melbourne that one at the mega intersection at Springvale road was open late. They'd shut the store and have drive through only.

Back