Autopsy Walters kicks a bag & beats Port - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

How good is S Hills right foot for a lefty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That kick was so good the commentators didn't even realise it was a non-preferred foot kick.
Years ago when I lived in WA & used to attend training at times, Stephen was the only player I noticed using his opposite foot in the warmup "drill" where there would be 2 horizontal lines of players & each player would kick back & forth with one other player.
Practice makes perfect.
Hilly is my favourite player to watch, so I'm pumped he's back.
Really good games by Conca & Brayshaw.
Logue was excellent
Fyfe superb
Ryan second best on
Son Son has AA locked in, 3 Brownlow votes for this game & the admiration of the whole footy world
Great work by Darcy as well

I don't mind Cornes to be honest. He does produce click bait there is no doubt, but he often has good points that get missed because of it.

If we are getting ahead of ourselves then I hope someone does point it out.

I think the behaviour was game specific and a reaction to poor sportsmanship by the port players. Started with the attack on Brad Hill. Good on Walters for flying the flag. Butters was involved in a lot of niggle behind the play, not just over acting in front of goals. And the shooting mime by Walters was clearly directed at Duursma.
Remember round 1, when the first game players for Port targeted Max Gawn? That’s arrogance for you. Kane Cornes should be calling out Power players who have been drinking their own bath water.

Sorry, but Cox has the agility and speed of the titanic and I have been pissed off at what appears to be his lack of second effort and going up for marking contests with one arm. He’s lucky Tabs and Lobb are both injured.
I was about to post something similar. Looked slow and lumbering yesterday, but didn't shirk the contest when he was needed.

I don't mind Cornes to be honest. He does produce click bait there is no doubt, but he often has good points that get missed because of it.

If we are getting ahead of ourselves then I hope someone does point it out.
Yeah look I’m definitely not a fan (namely cause of his need to sensationalise ) but do acknowledge he can make some decent points .

At first was wondering what he was on about , other than Hogan’s footsteps gesture ,as at the game it’s hard to pick these things up .
Then Watching that segment I actually didn’t realise the amount incidents the players did take the piss out of their opponents.
And to be fair I did think Kane was reasonably measured in how he put his case across.

With all that said , at this stage it’s pretty much a non issue AFAIC .
For starters it obviously doesn’t happen every game.
Secondly I’m not sure most of its not related to our opponent.

For those that can remember since their breakout year of 2014 port players have had rep for trash talking (was indicative of many of their supporters too I might add) and have had a bit of history with our side stemming I think mainly from knocking us out finals in2014

Hartlett in particular , has a known league wide rep,but gray as well ,Powell pepper , boak ....(wines and wingard liked a chat too but obviously weren’t playing) just to name a few,while butters and dursma don’t mind a bit of cheek for first year players.

I think ll you ll find , apart from Hogan’s one-Jesse naturally got a bit of swagger and as our big key forward I love that, most of it was related to one upmanship back at their port opponents.
Particularly Walters/Fyfe on gray

Anyhow everytop team I’ve ever known has a touch of arrogance about it .
Provided it doesn’t become a habit and nothing to suggest it will I say
Bring it on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port seem to try and compensate for being a generally mentally weak side by adding the niggle and chat. Interesting though that it’s mostly their younger players, that club is devoid of leadership. Outside of Boak, they’ve got no one that consistently stands up when the game is needed to be won.

Skills - look it will be an issue all year
Bewley - love his direct hard kicking
B Hill - love how he always lowers his eyes entering forward 50.
Darcy - fitter than i thought he was
Walters - AA, 3 votes, 10 coaches votes, and it looks like he has dropped some of the little staging stuff he used to do.

I think the behaviour was game specific and a reaction to poor sportsmanship by the port players. Started with the attack on Brad Hill. Good on Walters for flying the flag. Butters was involved in a lot of niggle behind the play, not just over acting in front of goals. And the shooting mime by Walters was clearly directed at Duursma.
Remember round 1, when the first game players for Port targeted Max Gawn? That’s arrogance for you. Kane Cornes should be calling out Power players who have been drinking their own bath water.
I'm obviously not at the game so I don't get to see a lot of that stuff.

I guess my point is, just because Cornes said it, doesn't mean its not true. Of course, it doesn't mean it is either.

Yeah look I’m definitely not a fan (namely cause of his need to sensationalise ) but do acknowledge he can make some decent points .

At first was wondering what he was on about , other than Hogan’s footsteps gesture ,as at the game it’s hard to pick these things up .
Then Watching that segment I actually didn’t realise the amount incidents the players did take the piss out of their opponents.
And to be fair I did think Kane was reasonably measured in how he put his case across.

With all that said , at this stage it’s pretty much a non issue AFAIC .
For starters it obviously doesn’t happen every game.
Secondly I’m not sure most of its not related to our opponent.

For those that can remember since their breakout year of 2014 port players have had rep for trash talking (was indicative of many of their supporters too I might add) and have had a bit of history with our side stemming I think mainly from knocking us out finals in2014

Hartlett in particular , has a known league wide rep,but gray as well ,Powell pepper , boak ....(wines and wingard liked a chat too but obviously weren’t playing) just to name a few,while butters and dursma don’t mind a bit of cheek for first year players.

I think ll you ll find , apart from Hogan’s one-Jesse naturally got a bit of swagger and as our big key forward I love that, most of it was related to one upmanship back at their port opponents.
Particularly Walters/Fyfe on gray

Anyhow everytop team I’ve ever known has a touch of arrogance about it .
Provided it doesn’t become a habit and nothing to suggest it will I say
Bring it on!
A little bit of arrogance is an absolute necessity for the best of the best. You have to know you are awesome, to be awesome. You don't have to be a **** about it though.

Jeez Walters set shot kicking is the best the clubs ever had,can't think of any one better ever.
Hopefully his pure genius gets shared with our other forwards.

We lost him pretty early last year and the media seem to forget what a huge loss he was

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port were giving it to us as well. It goes both ways. I loved the added spice. It was one of the better games this year to be at. Watching the replay the commentators enjoyed the extra physicality too.

Kane Cornes just being a sook and biased.

Walters must surely be a sneaky Brownlow chance?

Kicked what, 30 goals in half a season? Moving into the midfield under the umpire's nose, he's got that mix of lots of touches and good ones, and he's recognisable. I'd have him as our second All Australian lock along with Luke Dye-an.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back