List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he share any insights??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Just said he loves being home, that geelong are trying real hard, but its not the same as family. In saying that he knows his career is shorter than most AFL careers and has to make what he can while he can, Pros and Cons for here and there he seems genuinely torn

Just said he loves being home, that geelong are trying real hard, but its not the same as family. In saying that he knows his career is shorter than most AFL careers and has to make what he can while he can, Pros and Cons for here and there he seems genuinely torn

Oh so it’s not just his partner that wants to come back?

Don’t say that in Geelong board, they r also convinced that he didn’t come back over the bye and that therefore he is staying.

Oh so it’s not just his partner that wants to come back?

Don’t say that in Geelong board, they r also convinced that he didn’t come back over the bye and that therefore he is staying.

He actually said in an interview he was staying in Geelong over the bye.

So that would be pretty convincing for Cats fans.

He will be very well paid no matter where he goes. Lucky for him it didnt happen last season. $650k per year is now up around $850k.

Obviously wants to come home, but also conscious he needs to do it for the right amount. Our $500k contract we offered last year, he'd want to see increased to $700k.
The stuff that came out in the media this week was just a play to try get his offer up from us.

He actually said in an interview he was staying in Geelong over the bye..

I heard that in an interview too, so I had a look at his partners IG and they were celebrating her sister? Birthday last night or the night before with Gryan Miers and (I think) with a few other Geelong players and their partners. So I’m detecting a bit of BS here.

He actually said in an interview he was staying in Geelong over the bye.

So that would be pretty convincing for Cats fans.

He will be very well paid no matter where he goes. Lucky for him it didnt happen last season. $650k per year is now up around $850k.
He was eating chips and gravy with his youngest brother, pretty tricky to do from geelong ;) maybe it was a last minute thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where would he fit long term do you think?
Not much of a need atm . Cripps ryan rioli petch venables cameron all chasing about 4 spots
I just remember him having good skills and good vision. Quick too. Could be used as a running half back

Only cost them a pick in the 50s so he’d be fairly cheap you’d think, now that Daniels and Greene have pushed him out of the forward line

Does anybody remember if we showed any outward predilection to Willie Rioli? Or did we keep it under wraps?

Think it was mentioned in the AFL.com.au phantom draft that we were one of a couple of clubs that were interested, Freo was another iirc. Also heard the GWS recruiting manager say during the year they had him locked in to take if we didnt.

Monocle AsterixTheGaul and whoever else keeps an eye on the junior talent. The SA vs WA game was the first I've properly seen of any of this crop. I was keen to watch Robertson, but he didn't really do much for me. Looked flat footed around stoppages, a little on the slow side, didn't do much with his ~30 touches. Could have just caught an uncharacteristic performance. The player who did impress me was Trent Rivers. Particularly his attack on the ball, and the noticeable ability to track the contest and have a physical impact within a pretty broad area.

Thoughts?

Monocle AsterixTheGaul and whoever else keeps an eye on the junior talent. The SA vs WA game was the first I've properly seen of any of this crop. I was keen to watch Robertson, but he didn't really do much for me. Looked flat footed around stoppages, a little on the slow side, didn't do much with his ~30 touches. Could have just caught an uncharacteristic performance. The player who did impress me was Trent Rivers. Particularly his attack on the ball, and the noticeable ability to track the contest and have a physical impact within a pretty broad area.

Thoughts?
I haven't seen that game yet, but saw game before vs metro and thought the exact same about Robertson. He's an inside accumulator but no real weapons.
I like Rivers, but prefer Garcia who's quick, tough and generally a good user. He's the one you notice making an impact.

He was eating chips and gravy with his youngest brother, pretty tricky to do from geelong ;) maybe it was a last minute thing

OK all good.:thumbsu: TBH that sounds like Tim quickly ducking over to Perth by himself and not dragging the kids over or a quick chat with his potential future employers. And to catch up with his bro and family.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Not surprising.

OK all good.:thumbsu: TBH that sounds like Tim quickly ducking over to Perth by himself and not dragging the kids over or a quick chat with his potential future employers. And to catch up with his bro and family.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Not surprising.
It was just him no partner etc, To clear it up he was wearing the same clothes in the party pictures as i saw him in, His brother and 4 team mates had got invited to the South Fremantle "futures" selections so kids turning 15 this year 2004 born kids, May explain why he was here just to say good job etc, His brother hasn't played since year 3, 7 games in to his return and ges invited down with some team mates...

Last edited:
Cogs isnt coming for 'free'. Thats why we pay overs trading for pick 8 and also assist GWS move down the draft order to land a top 5 talent using pick 16, not wasting pick 8.

By helping GWS in other areas they agree to not bid and get another 1st as compo for losing a rfa.

The other factor is Cogs himself. If he wants to move as a rfa I feel there is a heap of respect between him and the club, they wont block him. If GWS see the Eagles willing to soften the loss by helping in other areas they will come to the party. Look at the other players they have let go for unders.

Ah I get it now. Was too clever for me.

It was just him no partner etc, To clear it up he was wearing the same clothes in the party pictures as i saw him in, His brother and 4 team mates had got invited to the South Fremantle "futures" selections so kids turning 15 this year 2004 born kids, May explain why he was here just to say good job etc, His brother hasn't played since year 3, 7 games in to his return and ges invited down with some team mates...

Hasn't played since Year 3 is interesting. I wonder if seeing Tim's success has made him feel like football is a real career opportunity for him.

Hasn't played since Year 3 is interesting. I wonder if seeing Tim's success has made him feel like football is a real career opportunity for him.
He is also a state basketballer so focused on that more, got lured back by a friend from school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back