Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh well gang, we're 4-1 and look like making the semi's.
Realistically I reckon we're probably the 4th best side.

But according to many on here, we have no batsmen even though we have 2 in the top 5 run scorers.

Only bowler we have is Cummings even though Starc has taken the most wickets.

Plus we have a dud captain and coach.

So all in all, we're not doing too bad:)

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

But according to many on here, we have no batsmen even though we have 2 in the top 5 run scorers.

Third best, maybe second.

RohitSharma

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2015
Bandra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United and Barcelona
So with that Srilanka, Afghanistan, South Africa and Bangladesh are out.

England, Australia and India are making it.

4th spot will be between Kiwis, Pakistan and West Indies. I have a feeling Pakistan will edge out Kiwis. They are cornered Tigers

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Well that's the end of Shaun marshes international career
I don’t think so. The guy is a top order batsmen. Blame Warner for wasting 20 balls at the beginning of the innings rather than someone coming in with five overs left and expected to slog from the outset, which is never the way he has batted.

Move Marsh to no.3 and drop Khawaja who hasn’t even scored 100 runs in five innings.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t think so. The guy is a top order batsmen. Blame Warner for wasting 20 balls at the beginning of the innings rather than someone coming in with five overs left and expected to slog from the outset, which is never the way he has batted.

Move Marsh to no.3 and drop Khawaja who hasn’t even scored 100 runs in five innings.

Khawaja wasn't helped by his role a couple of times either. Considering he was the best in 2019 coming into the cup as an opener, he should be allowed to flourish in his best role like Marsh, no? Why should he be dropped entirely and Marsh massaged into his best position when both have shown a lack of adaptability?

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Who has been claiming we only have Cummins :drunk: Starc is clearly our most accomplished LO bowler

If we scored as a team at the rate Warner's been scoring, we'd average 230.1 per innings. We'd be 0 - 5 or 1 - 4 at best. What frustrates me most is,he's doing it deliberately. Blocking and leaving, not swinging and missing. Swinging and missing I could handle.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
We have some concerns like the No 6 spot and our 5th bowling options etc, but if we play our best cricket we're a chance.

Mitch Marsh in form would solve a lot of our problems.

Lower middle order hitter. One of Khawaja and S.Marsh goes out and the other has to bat at #3. Stops them from clogging up the end our innings with the bat.

5th bowling option. Maxwell becomes our 6th option where he is more suited. If they have a seam all rounder they will also go back to picking a spinner. 20 overs from M.Marsh, Maxwell & spinner > 20 overs from Maxwell and 4th quick bowler.

Then we would have to work out the preferred #3, the preferred spinner, the preferred third quick and tell Warner to up the s/r or GTFO. All solve able in the remaining group games.

So hurry up and rule Stoinis out please. Mitch Marsh in is a Hail Mary but our only chance of getting the structure right.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
NCN still our preferred 3rd quick, or has Richardson gone past him?

Need to see Richardson bowl at the death against England and NZ. If he can do it reasonably against a good side then he gives us more flexibility with the attack and allows us to chase wickets with Starc and Cummins in the middle overs if need be. Forget NCN with the bat, that was a one off.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Khawaja wasn't helped by his role a couple of times either. Considering he was the best in 2019 coming into the cup as an opener, he should be allowed to flourish in his best role like Marsh, no? Why should he be dropped entirely and Marsh massaged into his best position when both have shown a lack of adaptability?
Certainly Khawaja wasn’t helped but he seems to have only one viable position and it’s taken. Marsh had excelled with an average near 50 at 3 and 4. He only lacks ‘adaptability’ if you try to turn him into a late time set big hitter.

Back