Autopsy Rd 13 Blues double comeback just falls short in a thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And he must stay in the team for the wide open spaces of Optus Stadium.

Not really sure we should change anyone in the team for after the Bye. Not sure who we would bring in that would add to the teams strengths.

If Setterfield can improve his in traffic awareness and disposal by foot which was shocking (which I think he will as he’s played what, 10 games total) , he is going to be an A Grader. As frustrating as he is I would keep him in.
I’m more worried about his hands. Has a touch of the Jordan Russell’s.....

Very happy with the fight and tenacity we showed at stages of the game yesterday. Normally after when we go 30+ points down we put our heads down and it balloons out quickly. If we had somehow pinched one more goal at the end there it would have been one of the all time great comebacks.

Still leaves a bitter taste that we didn’t get the 4 points but so much to like. Charlie and Cunners were brilliant! It feels like our resurgence is just around the corner.

On a side note I hope we don’t land jack Martin. To me he seems like the kind of desperate acquisition that teams like the saints and dogs make because no one better will go there. I’d much prefer proven match winners like Billings or papley.
good post......

LOL
Without them we don't have a game. Have a bit more bloody respect.
Respect needs to earned & they have been doing a rather shite job of late. I’m all for higher pay, full time position & training but the inconsistency week to week is crap. The standard is getting worse, it should be getting better

Respect needs to earned & they have been doing a rather ****e job of late. I’m all for higher pay, full time position & training but the inconsistency week to week is crap. The standard is getting worse, it should be getting better

It's not the umpires, it's the rules

Yep back to the VFL :rolleyes:

have a look what dow is doing in the first left frames of the vid - running like a motho*er (slowly) to provide an option.......and arrives - and provides - and goes dribbly dribbly bang!

Last edited:
I could be mistaken (never wrong) but I think 'Liberatore' is Italian for 'lippy little ****rat'.

Liberatore - Italian for grubby little scumbag.

Taunting fans after the game. :mad:

Scumbag is being way too nice for that campaigner!

D9J9IkRUEAAikFH.jpg

What is this absolute nonsense.
We didn't play well and we still should have won, complete nonsense calls by BS umpiring cost us as much as our mistakes did, only the umps are paid and trained to get it right. What a shame they are paid and trained to get it wrong.
Shame on the AFL and the rubbish umpiring fraternity.
Playing favourites and blatantly flaunting the rules.
The club should challenge the nonsense that occurred and force an explanation for the rubbish the bulldogs got away with and were gifted.
Match fixing in AFL is very real and the umpires who perpetrated need to be exposed, shamed and unceremonially sacked
If I was the AFL I'd be inspecting Adelaide FC's transactions and see if that mirrors that of transfers to umpire accounts....

Respect needs to earned & they have been doing a rather ****e job of late. I’m all for higher pay, full time position & training but the inconsistency week to week is crap. The standard is getting worse, it should be getting better
harry - sit down a moment - that's it just there near the hearth - what if I were to tell you people have been complaining of the same things you are for about a hundred years? since quarter time in the first game even - your problem is, it will never "improve", there will always be howlers and umpires will always make mistakes, just like the players, just like you, just like me - if you think your bleating will somehow engender some sort of mysterious state whereby every supporter thinks every decision is correct, can I suggest a rest home in the yarra valley for you and your cats? this is as good as it gets, we win some, we lose some, every club does - it's important you understand not only the tediousness of your bleatings but also the pointlessness.......this I say unto you...........

What is this absolute nonsense.
We didn't play well and we still should have won, complete nonsense calls by BS umpiring cost us as much as our mistakes did, only the umps are paid and trained to get it right. What a shame they are paid and trained to get it wrong.
Shame on the AFL and the rubbish umpiring fraternity.
Playing favourites and blatantly flaunting the rules.
The club should challenge the nonsense that occurred and force an explanation for the rubbish the bulldogs got away with and were gifted.
Match fixing in AFL is very real and the umpires who perpetrated need to be exposed, shamed and unceremonially sacked
hilarious - can you tell us the games where umpires got it right please? I know you will have them logged..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was the AFL I'd be inspecting Adelaide FC's transactions and see if that mirrors that of transfers to umpire accounts....
that's why you and your tinhatted cohort will never have anything to do with decision making, organizing or overseeing anything.........pretty much.......

Ok then if confidence is good disposal isn’t......it should be worked on in the VFL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to be antagonistic AB but why? He's working hard on his disposal but the issue at the moment is he isn't strong or experienced enough. They are trying to get him working hard in games and pushing through. He will learn more at AFL level. He has a massive pre season coming up. He knows where he stands and its all good.

I watched the replay of the game last night (unfortunately knowing the result).

What a mixed bag?

I saw poor Carlton, ordinary Carlton, average Carlton, above average Carlton and excellent Carlton over the four quarters.

I saw Charlie kick seven goals but I’ve seen him play better games than that.

I saw team lifting moments. Kreuzer grabbing the pill out of the ruck contest and goaling. Daisy’s goal in the third quarter. Who said Daisy can’t kick over 35 metres? The Cuningham snap in the last. I would have been proud to claim that one.

I saw Ed, Levi and Kreuzer doing their best to nullify the opposition.

I saw a Carlton team that needed Cripps to deliver the knockout blow but it never arrived.

Who would have thought that with all this happening that we’d manage to kick 100 points and lose a game of footy.

It’s a strange game.

Great thing is we're showing this year that our best is very good...we can score quickly and really put teams to the sword in patches.
At least it's fun to watch.

Everyone knows we can't sustain it though and have periods of getting dominated ourselves.
Need to address it but it was always going to happen given the number of young players in the team, especially in midfield.

But we've clearly got a lot of talent and when they mature we're going to be a very good team.

Annoying thing about those criticising Dow and Setters kicking is they don’t realise that we’ve actually got a couple of genuine goal kicking mids. I remember Cripps had the yips in front of goal in his first few years and now he slams them through. Glass half full.
And tbh, it’s only this year that I reckon Cripp’s kicking is at point where it should be. Last year his kicking reminded of Stephen kernhan’s- ball went forward a mile but they were mongrel punts!

Ok then if confidence is good disposal isn’t......it should be worked on in the VFL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
did you see the vfl team perform yesterday? we have a dozen games to get experience and time into these youngsters - a dozen precious games before it's just pre-season, camps, praccy matches and training - I say **** the vfl - it's a wasteland - play em - they'll swim - this list is becoming a unit with belief

harry - sit down a moment - that's it just there near the hearth - what if I were to tell you people have been complaining of the same things you are for about a hundred years? since quarter time in the first game even - your problem is, it will never "improve", there will always be howlers and umpires will always make mistakes, just like the players, just like you, just like me - if you think your bleating will somehow engender some sort of mysterious state whereby every supporter thinks every decision is correct, can I suggest a rest home in the yarra valley for you and your cats? this is as good as it gets, we win some, we lose some, every club does - it's important you understand not only the tediousness of your bleatings but also the pointlessness.......this I say unto you...........
No, I refuse to accept that, the game is now more professional there bucket loads of money involved- the tech should be 100x better- it’s amateur hour of goal line tech as they won’t spend the money in high def cameras mounted in the right spots- it’s not hard it just costs money. With better training, clearer directives the umpiring must evolve and improve- just as the game & the players do

Back