Society/Culture You cannot follow AFL and be left-wing or support diversity

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have any friends under 5'11 but I guess you could try asking people.

Why should your friends under 5'11" be denied the opportunity to play AFL? WHY?! IT'S SO UNFAIR!!!!!

For example, if I decided to marry my first cousin which leads to genetic deformities, it's not my fault that my offspring is genetically deformed. It's the fault of people who do not marry their first cousins that their children have "privileges" accorded to offspring of parents who do not marry their first cousins.

Disclaimer: Any connection with any person, real or fictitious, who has married their first cousin is purely coincidental.

Last edited:
Why should your friends under 5'11" be denied the opportunity to play AFL? WHY?! IT'S SO UNFAIR!!!!!

For example, if I decided to marry my first cousin which leads to genetic deformities, it's not my fault that my offspring is genetically deformed. It's the fault of people who do not marry their first cousins that my child has genetic deformities.

Disclaimer: Any connection with any person, real or fictitious, who has married their first cousin is purely coincidental.
You can't control your height but you can control who you marry (mostly). They're not really a like-for-like match.

You honestly seem to be getting worked up over something no one is arguing.

You can't control your height but you can control who you marry (mostly). They're not really a like-for-like match.

You honestly seem to be getting worked up over something no one is arguing.

Uh oh. Are you saying people who marry their first cousins (and produce genetically deficient offspring) are doing something wrong? Seems rather bigoted of you.

If others want to marry their first cousins where it's legal then they can go ahead with it.

It doesn't impact me.

But what if those first-cousined genetically deformed offspring want to play AFL football? Don't you think it's unfair that they not be given the opportunity to do so? Shouldn't everyone be given the opportunity to play AFL football?

You just said that anyone under 5'11" shouldn't be allowed to play AFL football, which I find offensive. You're quite the bigot.

And by the way, are you sure it doesn't "impact" you? What if your son or daughter decided to marry an offspring of a first-cousin marriage (who is more than likely going to have a personality disorder)? Would you be happy for your son or daughter to be in an abusive relationship?

Disclaimer: Again, any real-life connection with a culture that actually engages in the practice of marrying their first cousins is coincidental. I do NOT know of ANY WHATSOVER! If you have know of a culture that does so, that is on YOU!

Last edited:
But what if those first-cousined genetically deformed offspring want to play AFL football? Don't you think it's unfair that they not be given the opportunity to do so? Shouldn't everyone be given the opportunity to play AFL football?
It's unfortunate but not everyone is physically suited to play AFL. Just like not everyone is intelligent enough to be a doctor or physically capable of being a bricklayer.

You just said that anyone under 5'11" shouldn't be allowed to play AFL football, which I find offensive. You're quite the bigot.
You're going to have to show me where I said that.

It's unfortunate but not everyone is physically suited to play AFL. Just like not everyone is intelligent enough to be a doctor or physically capable of being a bricklayer.

You just admitted to being a bigot. Why should someone be denied opportunities just because they are not up to it?

You're going to have to show me where I said that.

Sure:
I don't have any friends under 5'11 but I guess you could try asking people.

Bigot!

It's hilarious how people think they actually subscribe to the leftist narrative, but when challenged (e.g. with an analogy based on the AFL), they actually confess to leaning towards meritocracy. Interesting!

You just admitted to being a bigot. Why should someone be denied opportunities just because they are not up to it?

Sure:

Bigot!
How do you get 'you don't want anyone under 5'11 playing AFL' out of me saying my friends are all 5'11 or above?

Your obsession with consanguinity and inability to understand basic sentences suggest there might be a hidden reason you keep bringing it up.

How do you get 'you don't want anyone under 5'11 playing AFL' out of me saying my friends are all 5'11 or above?

Your obsession with consanguinity and inability to understand basic sentences suggest there might be a hidden reason you keep bringing it up.

Why did you even suggest that your friends are all over 5'11", meaning that you do not have any friends capable of playing AFL football?

Why did you even suggest that your friends are all over 5'11" mean that you do not have any friends capable of playing AFL football?
You asked me to point out someone who is short and fat to you who wants to play AFL. I stated that I'm unable to produce such a person as all my friends are at least an average height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You asked me to point out someone who is short and fat to you who wants to play AFL. I stated that I'm unable to produce such a person as all my friends are at least an average height.

Ok, so you are unable to "produce such a person". Why even bother to rebut my point then seeing as you are unable to empathize with those poor, unfortunate souls who are losers in life?

I'm more than happy for anyone to aspire to play AFL. They might not make it for myriad reasons but they're welcome to try.

So condescending. "Heh heh nice try". LOL!

What about when it comes to being wealthy in a capitalistic society? I mean, not everyone "might make it". Why don't we apply the same principles? Why do we need to keep helping those who are unable to succeed in a capitalistic society?

So condescending. "Heh heh nice try". LOL!

What about when it comes to being wealthy in a capitalistic society? I mean, not everyone "might make it". Why don't we apply the same principles? Why do we need to keep helping those who are unable to succeed in a capitalistic society?
I think there's self-evidently a difference between accepting some might not play AFL and allowing people to starve due to not succeeding in a capitalist society.

I think there's self-evidently a difference between accepting some might not play AFL and allowing people to starve due to not succeeding in a capitalist society.

Nope.

It's hilarious how people actually agree with my premise without even realizing it.

It's a capitalistic society. EVERYONE wants to have give capitalism a go (as evidenced by immigration trends), but unfortunately, not everyone is going to succeed. Too bad! I wish I was an AFL/NBA star too, but it wasn't to be. I'm not crying about it or blaming Michael Jordan, Lance Franklin or Steph Curry for being "privileged". I work to my own strengths.

You agree with me, whether you want to admit it or not.

Nope.

It's hilarious how people actually agree with my premise without even realizing it.

It's a capitalistic society. EVERYONE wants to have give capitalism a go (as evidenced by immigration trends), but unfortunately, not everyone is going to succeed. Too bad! I wish I was an AFL/NBA star too, but it wasn't to be. I'm not crying about it or blaming Michael Jordan, Lance Franklin or Steph Curry for being "privileged". I work to my own strengths.

You agree with me, whether you want to admit it or not.
You really can't see the difference between not everyone playing AFL and allowing people to have their basic needs met?

You really can't see the difference between not everyone playing AFL and allowing people to have their basic needs met?

Why are those who are not able "to have their basic needs met", not able "to have their basic needs met"?

Similarly, why am I not able to play AFL football like Gary Ablett, or basketball like Steph Curry? Why is life so unfair for me?

douglyzia your OP and your general view is barking at a cloud in reality, sure there are impractical lefties that do exist that have a conviction to want to include everyone without merit for the sake of inclusion.

But we're talkin about a minuscule number that is noisy - hardly thread worthy or enough to claim they're going to bring down western values in their entirety.

I'd imagine the overwhelming majority of the left leaning centre have a noble sentiment but are also practical in how they'd like see their sentiments applied.

And it's unfortunate but not everyone (such as Gough) is physically (or intellectually) suited to live in a capitalistic society.

Like I said, you agree with me without even realizing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back