Preview West Coast vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Thursday 20/06/19, 8:10 AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring Brown in for Stringer, reckon his movement could expose McGovern or keep him out of the way. McGovern would take away Francis’ greatest strength

Brown did an excellent job last year. Francis doesn't have the tank or awareness to play on mcgovern

Loss to Sydney,coming back home after the bye.

Yeah can't see us winning this unfortanley be lucky if we keep it under 5 goals going to see our annual **** fest from Perth

We won this last year and our recent form against eagles has been very good

If they beat the Eagles in Perth, they would be deserving of a finals berth. They’re 3 goals down playing at that stadium. They’re a further 3 goals down from umpires - goes for any team who plays in Perth - any 50/50 call will be against you and you can forget most frees in the last quarter of a tight game. Probably the best home ground advantage in the comp.

We won this last year and our recent form against eagles has been very good

Eagles were missing Kennedy and Darling. although they did have Nic Nat.

Also Dev and Jake kicked 3 each.

Last edited:
Eagles were missing Kennedy and Darling. although they did have Nic Nat.

Also Dev and Jake kicked 3 each.

Last two times we have played them our midfield has taken the game away from them.

With the form of our defence I'm not too worried about their forwardline. They are also missing Vardy and rioli through suspension.

The issue is our forwardline and being able to reward the rest of the team by scoring. We will be relatively mobile which is a strength when ball hits the ground. The issue is the high ball but we were better against hawks in that regard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think it has to be Francis that plays. He was held over from the VFL match Brown played.

It's a big ask to play two games in 6 days.

As long as there is no Baguley and no Clarke...

Playing Hawthorn is not a bad dress rehersal for West Coast. We've got the right forward line to trouble the West Coast defence because we're not set up to kick it long an high. You'd think that we have to be able to engage in low tempo footy because West Coast do try to strangle the quick transition into kicking the ball to McGovern (in particular).

Just need to keep Laverde, Begley, Francis and McKernan on their respective "bikes" and we should be right. Presumably at some point the skill level has to pick up. Brown would actually be very useful but I can't see him playing.

Week after is going to be annoying, have VFL on Sunday and then GWS on Thursday. Ridiculous scheduling.

It would be a mistake to play Brown (replacing Stringer) after what I saw today. He kicked a couple today but did look a bit out of touch. I wouldn't be playing him against a team boasting the likes of Hurn & McGovern in defence... he'll cop a bath.

Last year kicking the first 8 goals put the game to bed pretty early. It was our best half potentially this decade. The year before (2017) we also led 12 goals to 3 at one stage. They are the reigning premiers for a reason and they won't like their recent record against us... or the fact they are coming off a pretty awful loss to the Swans. I don't think our playing list will be overawed by West Coast though.

I don't want a shootout and I don't think we will allow one. I also hope we start $5-6 outsiders and given absolutely no hope by the football public (quite likely) ... we generally do our best in those situations. This game could be the difference between us playing finals and not.
Was there any forward who played well yesterday, other than Brown, worth the spot... or is it just Francis back in?

Feeling strangely confident about this one

Can you put it down to anything?

I was so flat going into hawks game, no confidence what so ever. This one however I have every reason to doubt we get the W but I kind of think we match up well

Is Margetts umpiring?

Starting to like the look of this team, average age must be quite low?

Only suggestion would be Brown for Stringer if injured
Average age of 25 on the weekend. And I doubt Brown plays given he played VFL but Clarke, Francis and Baguley didn't.

Even if we don't get a win outright, a close loss would be a good enough result for this game IMHO. This isn't an acceptance of mediocrity, it's acknowledging the reality that WCE are still the reigning premiers and this is the hardest road trip in the competition. Our percentage is currently 107% and is very likely to be the difference between being 7th, 8th or not making the finals at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back