The Official Bigfooty NBA 2019 Finals thread - Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors (Raptors win 4-2)

Who will win the NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

God I'm sad I stop posting on here at around the time of the bucks series. Was getting too heated. I moved to Toronto 7 years ago and married a local. My brother in law and I went splits in a pair of season tickets in 2014-15 and have endured a lot of game 7 heartbreak (shoutout to Paul Pierce being involved in most of those). But that's nothing. My wife has been a diehard Raptors fansince the team was made. They were a fad, were nothing to the leafs and Jays obsessed city. All those years of being a joke. Losing Vince. Losing Tracy. The Bargnani years. The Turkoglu years. The good years we had with Dwayne Casey and DeMar/JV/Lowry making the finals

It all came down to this. I know you are all NBA fans and obviously footy fans. This is the equivalent to the Bulldogs story from 2016. The little dinosaurs from lol-canada are the MOTHER ******* CHAMIOONS!

I didn't mention him because I was comparing injuries. Steph was relatively injury free this post season (Warriors 2nd best player), so I didn't mention Pippen (the Bulls second best player).

Obviously Jordan was a machine.

Steph has carried this team to 3 out of 3 finals without Durant in this 5 year run, compared to 0/2 for Pippen (****, even in one of those years Pippen had Jordan playing).
carried.....not the right word, he has had a lot of help

It's one of the reasons I think the Warriors are better than the 90s Bulls, which is where the discussion started.

I thought the Warriors were better than the Bulls because they could handle their best player going down, which the Bulls couldn't.
that is not how you judge teams, you judge them by success and actually winning. Warriors led 3-1 and lost the Finals, they didn't handle that situation well. The Warriors on that basis are not better than the Bulls, how can you be better than an undefeated team in Finals and yet lose two yourself ?

that is not how you judge teams, you judge them by success and actually winning. Warriors led 3-1 and lost the Finals, they didn't handle that situation well. The Warriors on that basis are not better than the Bulls, how can you be better than an undefeated team in Finals and yet lose two yourself ?

This conversation is really weird.

The conversation went like this...

1) Someone came in and said "No one can ever compare this team to the Bulls ever again"
2) I said that this year actually helped their cause because there is no way the Bulls would have made the Finals with the same injury problems.
3) The someone said (maybe you?) "Well Pippen almost led them to the Finals once".
4) So I replied with Curry is 3/3 in leading the teams to the Finals when the best player isn't playing (Durant), while Pippen is 0/2 getting to the Finals with their best player (Jordan) not playing.
5) The you replied to it by saying "Curry had more help". Which was basically backing up my thesis that the Warriors are a better team without Durant than the Bulls without their best player (Jordan).

Now you're bringing up them losing after being up 3-1 in a Finals, even though that's irrelevant as I'm saying this current team is the GOAT, not the one that lost the 3-1 lead. I mean if that team had of had Durant it would have just been scary obviously and probably doesn't drop a game in the playoffs.

This team without Durant is still really ******* good. Second best team in the league at worst. And it would have been a 7 game Finals series if Durant was the only injury. We could have easily won.

And before you say "But MJ is >>>> than Durant" so that would tip the scales in the Bulls favor. I don't believe he is in this comparison. MJ is obviously >>>>>>>>>>> Durant over the journey, but I think Durant in the last 3 years has been as good as MJ was in his final 3 years for the Bulls.

In before Jod gets upset.

turkoglu.jpg

In 2016/17 who was missing for the opposing teams that contributed to Golden State winning? Genuine question.

What I can tell you is if Green played in game 5 in 2015/16 then the Warriors win the series 4-1 based on your logic. LBJ acted like a little bitch getting Green suspended with his snake behaviour.

If, coulda,woulda, shoulda.

Now it is LeBron's fault Green got suspended - you are living in some sort of alternative reality there.

Green is on the edge of being suspended every finals game he plays.

If any of you want any hope for the Warriors to lose... well the last time I moved countries was between Game 4 and 5 of the 15/16 Finals.

Warriors went on the lose the next 3 games (you may remember it :p)

I just moved countries a couple of days ago.

Put your money on the Raptors!

Forgot to bump this.

I'm a bigger curse than Look2Me4Guidance avatar.

This conversation is really weird.

The conversation went like this...

1) Someone came in and said "No one can ever compare this team to the Bulls ever again"
2) I said that this year actually helped their cause because there is no way the Bulls would have made the Finals with the same injury problems.
3) The someone said (maybe you?) "Well Pippen almost led them to the Finals once".
4) So I replied with Curry is 3/3 in leading the teams to the Finals when the best player isn't playing (Durant), while Pippen is 0/2 getting to the Finals with their best player (Jordan) not playing.
5) The you replied to it by saying "Curry had more help". Which was basically backing up my thesis that the Warriors are a better team without Durant than the Bulls without their best player (Jordan).

Now you're bringing up them losing after being up 3-1 in a Finals, even though that's irrelevant as I'm saying this current team is the GOAT, not the one that lost the 3-1 lead. I mean if that team had of had Durant it would have just been scary obviously and probably doesn't drop a game in the playoffs.

This team without Durant is still really ******* good. Second best team in the league at worst. And it would have been a 7 game Finals series if Durant was the only injury. We could have easily won.

And before you say "But MJ is >>>> than Durant" so that would tip the scales in the Bulls favor. I don't believe he is in this comparison. MJ is obviously >>>>>>>>>>> Durant over the journey, but I think Durant in the last 3 years has been as good as MJ was in his final 3 years for the Bulls.

In before Jod gets upset.
Not even close

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even close

I'd love to see your workings on how you don't think it's close.

Here's mine...

Regular Season
Durant's last three years (points/rebounds/assists - 2 point %/3 point %/free throw %)
25.8/7.1/5.4 shooting 58.6/38.4/88.3
Jordan's last 3 years at the Bulls
29.6/6.1/4.0 shooting 49.8/36.9 (with the help of the shorter three point line)/81.5

Let's look at advanced stats - PER/WS per 48 mins/BPM
Durant
25.8/0.229/5.8
MJ
27.4/0.279/6.6

Playoffs
29.6/7.1/4.5 shooting 57/39.5/89.9
31.4/6.0/4.1 shooting 48.1/29.7 (with the help of the shorter three point line)/81.9

Advanced stats - PER/WS per 48 mins/BPM
Durant
26.2/0.242/6.6
MJ
27.3/0.268/7.6

Finals Stats are a bit harder to work out.
Durant is averaging about 33/9/6.5 while shooting 53/45/95
Jordan is averaging about 31/5/4 while shooting 43/31/80

Not sure how, at worst, you don't think "they're close"

There's really not much in it.

I need to stress that MJ = GOAT, but the lead he had on the rest of the league in the last 3 years (particularly the last 2) wasn't large. There's nothing wrong with saying prime Durant = old MJ.

I'd love to see your workings on how you don't think it's close.

Here's mine...

Regular Season
Durant's last three years (points/rebounds/assists - 2 point %/3 point %/free throw %)
25.8/7.1/5.4 shooting 58.6/38.4/88.3
29.6/6.1/4.0 shooting 49.8/36.9 (with the help of the shorter three point line)/81.5

Let's look at advanced stats - PER/WS per 48 mins/BPM
Durant
25.8/0.229/5.8
MJ
27.4/0.279/6.6

Playoffs
29.6/7.1/4.5 shooting 57/39.5/89.9
31.4/6.0/4.1 shooting 48.1/29.7 (with the help of the shorter three point line)/81.9

Advanced stats - PER/WS per 48 mins/BPM
Durant
26.2/0.242/6.6
MJ
27.3/0.268/7.6

Finals Stats are a bit harder to work out.
Durant is averaging about 33/9/6.5 while shooting 53/45/95
Jordan is averaging about 31/5/4 while shooting 43/31/80

Not sure how, at worst, you don't think "they're close"

There's really not much in it.

I need to stress that MJ = GOAT, but the lead he had on the rest of the league in the last 3 years (particularly the last 2) wasn't large. There's nothing wrong with saying prime Durant = old MJ.
Lets see if Durant puts up those numbers as a 35 year old like Jordan did

Lets see if Durant puts up those numbers as a 35 year old like Jordan did

But that wasn't what I said.

So full conversation for the people at home.

6) You randomly bring up Warriors losing while up 3-1, which has nothing to do with Durant.
7) I said last 3 years of Durant = last 3 years of MJ
8) You said "No, not even close"
9) I provide evidence
10) You say "Lets see if Durant puts up those numbers as a 35 year old like Jordan did"

wat?

But that wasn't what I said.

So full conversation for the people at home.

6) You randomly bring up Warriors losing while up 3-1, which has nothing to do with Durant.
7) I said last 3 years of Durant = last 3 years of MJ
8) You said "No, not even close"
9) I provide evidence
10) You say "Lets see if Durant puts up those numbers as a 35 year old like Jordan did"

wat?
you're the one who said about Jordan's last three season's and i said what age Jordan was during his last three seasons........

you're the one who said about Jordan's last three season's and i said what age Jordan was during his last three seasons........

ummm, that's what the comparison was.

I literally wrote "I think Durant in the last 3 years has been as good as MJ was in his final 3 years for the Bulls." and you said that wasn't the case.

Anyway, I'm going to stop now.

Back