Lol Holden Special Vehicles advertising Camaro's - funny

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
First time I saw the add, had to laugh.

Last time I looked a Camaro was not manufactured by Holden they're manufactured by Chevrolet.

Give it up HSV you're not Holden anymore just as much as rebadging an Opel to be a Holden is not a Holden.

Just advertise as Chev or Opel because that's what they are!

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
The car is being sold as the Chevrolet Camaro with the badging in Australia. It not even branded as a Holden. HSV is just a glorified dealer now.

Yep the car is being advertised as Chevrolet Camaro, yet a non existent manufacturer is dealing and selling it. Why not be genuine and label yourself as a Chevrolet dealer? Same with Opel just call yourself Opel.

Galaxie77

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spezia Calcio.
First time I saw the add, had to laugh.

Last time I looked a Camaro was not manufactured by Holden they're manufactured by Chevrolet.

Give it up HSV you're not Holden anymore just as much as rebadging an Opel to be a Holden is not a Holden.

Just advertise as Chev or Opel because that's what they are!

GM is GM is GM.
Whats the difference? Holden is GM Australia and has used Chevrolet and GM V8's in some of its great muscle cars.
Opel until recently was owned by GM, Car companies share platforms and models all the time.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
GM is GM is GM.
Whats the difference? Holden is GM Australia and has used Chevrolet and GM V8's in some of its great muscle cars.
Opel until recently was owned by GM, Car companies share platforms and models all the time.

You just answered your own question, one is Holden one is Chevrolet and one is Opel. Sure it's no secret that Holden used Chev engines, not the point though is it.

Have Chevrolet or Opel advertised Holdens in the states or Germany? No never, and before you get in and state the obvious as to why yes I already know they haven't ever needed to.

I just find it comical that "Holden" special vehicles are advertising Chevrolets to sell when they haven't even got their own brand to sell.

Apologies in advance if anyone takes offence to that.

Galaxie77

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spezia Calcio.
You just answered your own question, one is Holden one is Chevrolet and one is Opel. Sure it's no secret that Holden used Chev engines, not the point though is it.

Have Chevrolet or Opel advertised Holdens in the states or Germany? No never, and before you get in and state the obvious as to why yes I already know they haven't ever needed to.

I just find it comical that "Holden" special vehicles are advertising Chevrolets to sell when they haven't even got their own brand to sell.

Apologies in advance if anyone takes offence to that.

Holden's were sold as pontiacs and Chevrolet in America.
Daewoo"s in South Korea also.
Also Chevs in South Africa.

Again ita all the same company what is the fuss?

You ppl are funny instead of bagging hot hatc drivers, you bag Holden and Ford.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Holden's were sold as pontiacs and Chevrolet in America.
Daewoo"s in South Korea also.
Also Chevs in South Africa.

Again ita all the same company what is the fuss?

You ppl are funny instead of bagging hot hatc drivers, you bag Holden and Ford.

As much as they're the same "company" they're not the same manufacturer.

Yes Holden's were sold as Pontiacs and Chev's in the states and as Chev's in the middle east, so what? All that means is that Chev and Pontiac were flogging a product manufactured by another manufacturer and re badging it as their own. Disingenuous as that is it's not the point.

No ones bagging anyone or making a "fuss", I just find it comical that a manufacturer that no long manufactures is trying to stay relevant by selling another manufacturers product as a dealer with a different manufacturers name, a manufacturer that doesn't have a legitimate home made product to sell.

Galaxie77

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spezia Calcio.
As much as they're the same "company" they're not the same manufacturer.

Yes Holden's were sold as Pontiacs and Chev's in the states and as Chev's in the middle east, so what? All that means is that Chev and Pontiac were flogging a product manufactured by another manufacturer and re badging it as their own. Disingenuous as that is it's not the point.

No ones bagging anyone or making a "fuss", I just find it comical that a manufacturer that no long manufactures is trying to stay relevant by selling another manufacturers product as a dealer with a different manufacturers name, a manufacturer that doesn't have a legitimate home made product to sell.

Actually..... It is the same manufacturer, just the model GM used.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Actually..... It is the same manufacturer, just the model GM used.

Uh no, they're not the same manufacturer. There's General Motors Holden and General Motors Company one of them used to manufacture Holdens like Toranas, Kingswoods, Commodores and Monaros - the other one has never ever produced one of those cars and badged it as such.

You're drawing a very long bow to suggest they're the same manufacturer. They are (were) different manufacturers producing different cars under a parent company GMC.

Galaxie77

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spezia Calcio.
Uh no, they're not the same manufacturer. There's General Motors Holden and General Motors Company one of them used to manufacture Holdens like Toranas, Kingswoods, Commodores and Monaros - the other one has never ever produced one of those cars and badged it as such.

You're drawing a very long bow to suggest they're the same manufacturer. They are (were) different manufacturers producing different cars under a parent company GMC.

Actually they are the same, but whatever.
No use arguing.
Good to see another muscle car choice in the market.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Actually they are the same, but whatever.
No use arguing.
Good to see another muscle car choice in the market.

Another choice? They've been available for decades, the only difference is that they're now available through a local based dealer that no longer manufactures cars.

And you're right there's no use arguing the point. Just having a laugh at Holden special vehicles trying to stay relevant.

Galaxie77

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spezia Calcio.
Another choice? They've been available for decades, the only difference is that they're now available through a local based dealer that no longer manufactures cars.

And you're right there's no use arguing the point. Just having a laugh at Holden special vehicles trying to stay relevant.

They were, but the Aus ones are gone now unfortunately.
HSV Is also converting RAM trucks to rhd.
Good to see that there is at least some manufacturing.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
They were, but the Aus ones are gone now unfortunately.
HSV Is also converting RAM trucks to rhd.
Good to see that there is at least some manufacturing.

Aus version? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Holden ever produced Camaro's, they had a hand in development and design in 2010 or there abouts but never produced them on home soil for export or the local market. Even if they did it's still not a Holden it's a Chev.

RAM truck aren't Holden and by extension aren't HSV either, converting to RHD is far far away from manufacturing. Even though in the last two decades only Commodores were "made" on home soil even with sometimes Chev engines is universes apart from RHD conversions.

Galaxie77

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spezia Calcio.
Aus version? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Holden ever produced Camaro's, they had a hand in development and design in 2010 or there abouts but never produced them on home soil for export or the local market. Even if they did it's still not a Holden it's a Chev.

RAM truck aren't Holden and by extension aren't HSV either, converting to RHD is far far away from manufacturing. Even though in the last two decades only Commodores were "made" on home soil even with sometimes Chev engines is universes apart from RHD conversions.

Holden produced pontiacs and Chevrolet right through the 50's and 60's Camaro's were available new from some of the biggest Holden dealers.

BTW I meant Aus muscle cars.
Yes we know converting is not manufacturing from the ground up, but it is better than nothing. Considering the car manufacturing and car culture Aus has lost.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Holden produced pontiacs and Chevrolet right through the 50's and 60's Camaro's were available new from some of the biggest Holden dealers.

BTW I meant Aus muscle cars.
Yes we know converting is not manufacturing from the ground up, but it is better than nothing. Considering the car manufacturing and car culture Aus has lost.

In any case it's not really relevant to the thread title, merely having a light hearted laugh at HSV trying to look relevant.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
I find it amusing that Aussies are buying Mustangs and they’re advertised as Fords.
After all, they are not made by an Australian manufacturer. You know, the company registered and trading as “Ford Australia”.
They no longer manufacture here, so not much difference in the trading of either company.
No one manufactures here any more so you could mount the Camaro argument for any brand.

Back