Autopsy vs GWS

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The 'behavioural awareness officers' just knocked on my door and asked for my papers.

Im hiding underneath the floorboards.

Someone please tell my family I love them, and Mason Wood needs to toughen up a bit.

Are you Mason?

Just going by your username, it’s a fair question.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thats all well and good but that only takes us so far, I love a team with a good scrap but you need class and break the game open on your terms with efficient kicks and skills.

We win that game but for the umpiring.

GWS amazing skill level didnt count for much during that first half.

We were all ****ing over them. I disagree with this 'skill was the difference' take from today. Against Geelong, that was the case. Not today.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We had 5 more inside 50s than GWS but had just 17 shots from 52 I-50s at 33%. On average we're at 50% so 33% is very low and follows on from the last 3 quarters against Gold Coast when we were also less than 40%.

Pushing our half forwards up the ground and then kicking to an outnumber inside 50 isn't working. When we had guys front and centre we looked much more dangerous.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We had them covered. I'm confident of that. We have found our playing style and it's not cute little handballs and silky skills (as much as they help). We had the most talented team in the comp covered, and it's because our boys love a scrap.

That should be the non negotiable for any bloke coming into the side.
What do you mean 'we had them covered' - they beat us comfortably. In fact in that last qtr they were just playing around with us making us look like a VFL side.

The non negotiable should be that our mids have skill, can spread and love to work hard when the other team has the ball.

We need complete players in the midfield like the best teams have - not guys who just love a scrap.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Kelly and Coniglio were going at 17 and 43 per cent DE prior to half time. But tell me more about how their skills were destined to overcome our scrap.

The pressure went off and the keeping's off stuff became a factor.

VERY happy with our boys as a group, and the coach.

Just need another pre-season in to some of the kids, then look out!

Rhyce Shaw has produced more shinbone in a month than Brad showed in a decade.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unfortunately plough got it right before the bounce

Higgins out, transfers the tag down the line and whoever he goes to is probably 40% down on their output.

The equivalent of losing 1 and a half of your best mids.

Lost this one at selection.

Ahern to come in for garner this week
pretty much on the money, josh kelly sat out and higgo played last time down there, this time higgo out and kelly in, just there are a huge deficit in class.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rhyce Shaw has produced more shinbone in a month than Brad showed in a decade.

Didn't expect a win, but the fact Shaw kept us in touch for at least half the game on full tilt and physicality trying to win a different way is commendable and I think its a game where he can learn alot more from.

If he came into it playing regularly or more outside, pace required the game could've been real ugly. But he made the best out of it I thought.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting to see what happens at selection. Jmac will come in, and possibly Ahern for a crack. LDU looking like he needs the bye, not sure what was up with Jy today.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The positive was Thomas.

Look out AFL when this guy gets a few preaseasons under his belt.

He is so clean and classy, and has just as much class as any GWS player out there today.

He is floating in and out of games, but when he floats in he makes a huge impact.

We have a ripper here. He reminds me of Burgoyne with better aerial ability.

Last edited:

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Joel Crocker is also knocking on the door.
Watched him up until half time today. Certainly got some tricks but doesnt have the body yet, gets shifted out the contest a bit still. He could sneak a game at some stage, definitely some promise and looks to have the right tools to make it to the top grade.

This draft year will prove to be a very good one in the long run i think.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We had 5 more inside 50s than GWS but had just 17 shots from 52 I-50s at 33%. On average we're at 50% so 33% is very low and follows on from the last 3 quarters against Gold Coast when we were also less than 40%.

Pushing our half forwards up the ground and then kicking to an outnumber inside 50 isn't working. When we had guys front and centre we looked much more dangerous.

The kicking inside 50 was as bad as when we played Sydney. If they are playing for territory they need to make sure to lock it in.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting to see what happens at selection. Jmac will come in, and possibly Ahern for a crack. LDU looking like he needs the bye, not sure what was up with Jy today.

I’m an LDU fan on the whole. But he needs to work on his body work in the contest if he wants to be the midfielder we think he can be.

Too many times he tries to do a fancy spin and leaves the ball behind. He needs to use his body to protect space, soak up the contact, then try and spin out of the contest.

Back