Autopsy Rd 13 Blues double comeback just falls short in a thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

i don't post for likes,

Bambi has never been paid big money to play football professionally,
Murphy is a player of a club whom i support , which I'm a paid up member.
i have a right to type what i believe are my thoughts on a player, a team and what direction they are taking.

If i was posting for likes id pull the piss out your vocabulary..

I am a member...therefore I can belittle anyone connected with ye olde club anonymously......well whacko!
If that makes ya feel good.......personally I think your better than this Bob...seen some good stuff over time...Lift son....

By the way Murph is not a problem.......and 4 coaches have continuously picked him

It’s like some here are angered he had a big 2nd half as it stuffed up their narrative about him.

So weird, I thought LOB may of been a likely bust but I’m more than happy that he’s gone well over the past 2 weeks.

Why do people see being proven right as more important than the team doing well?

As any opposition fans who they’d rather playing for their side next week if given the choice between murph and jsos, 99.9% would say murph.

I compare the 2 because most of the murph bashers are big on JSOS and his pressure and defensive acts.

Now there is a question......:thumbsu:

With how often you quote people, you'd think that you'd learn to not start typing before the dialog box loads.

You keep making the same mistake.

I think some tough love is in order and you should be dropped to the Northern Blues (thread)

Fight for your spot and you may get re-selected

Bloody thing gets me every time when I’m on my phone.

Murphy played forward in the first half, just the way so many here have been wanting (and I have been one of those, at different times). But we got smashed in the middle, and when that happens, small forwards will starve, no matter who they are.

At half-time, he went into the middle, and he made a material difference. Not with size or strength, or even skill. Just smarts, and experience. He knows where the ruckmen will tap it, he finds the pill, and he also finds teammates in support. Too many of the young guys just don't have this skillset yet. Even in his first game back after broken ribs, I thought he demonstrated that right now, Carlton's best side has Murphy in the middle. Nobody has to be happy about that (I'm not thrilled about it either), but in mid-2019, it's the truth.
100% this. We are playing Dow and fish in the middle with crippa and Walsh. Dow and fish have no idea. In the first half the they were complete liabilities in the centre bounces leaving cripps 1 on 3 almost. I know we want to give the kids midfield minutes but we’re legit just gifting it to them at the minute. Bolts persistence in playing Ed and murph forward for the sake of sps, fish and dows midfield minutes has cost us games this year imo (maybe him his job). I said at half time last night we need to start with crippa Ed and murph. What did we do? Started with those 3 and we won the centre clearance. The boys should be rotated in around them and made to EARN it.

Belittle, beliitle...

Stop trying to get into the Clique club,

The guy can't tackle.
And perhaps this new coach has the balls to drop him, god knows the 4 previous could put up with his lack of defensive pressure..

Blue and Blue, let your eyes tell your brain what you see. don't be misled by the Clique.

Time for you lift your eyelids...
So you believe that he should be dropped. Is this based on his output yesterday?

Exceptional? Yes in his early years. The past few years his kicks fall at his team mates' feet, not all the time, but often enough to put undue pressure on his team mates, or, to cause turn overs. The club has never dropped him, to make him show his improvement in the reserves. His good mate Gibbs is struggling at a good club and in the reserves. Murph is not the future. Coming back from a rib injury missing 3 or 4 weeks, he should have played with Northern and then hit the game full on, so not wasting a half of football before finding some form.
If you believe the rumours form has nothing to do without Gibbs is not playing senior football.

Say what!
Where I am its 14hrs time difference with dodgy internet. The gameday thread is my lifeline to the blues. It seemed this weeks and another we lost by a small margin was missing a few posts. I dont get to see the blowups...sometimes they are relevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Belittle, beliitle...

Stop trying to get into the Clique club,

The guy can't tackle.
And perhaps this new coach has the balls to drop him, god knows the 4 previous could put up with his lack of defensive pressure..

Blue and Blue, let your eyes tell your brain what you see. don't be misled by the Clique.

Time for you lift your eyelids...
My eyes are always what I go by Bob.
As for clique......really......what exactly is that? Explain it to me by all means.
I been watching the game a long time mate....seen a lot of good players...Murph is in there with them and has given everything in a lousy era...anyone can do it when they're winning.

I want him with ball in hand and I dont care if he tackles or not. His footy brain is worth more than 5 burly tacklers. He was the one that got us back in the game last night with clever ball movement and incessant run. But he wasnt the one that lost it.

100% this. We are playing Dow and fish in the middle with crippa and Walsh. Dow and fish have no idea. In the first half the they were complete liabilities in the centre bounces leaving cripps 1 on 3 almost. I know we want to give the kids midfield minutes but we’re legit just gifting it to them at the minute. Bolts persistence in playing Ed and murph forward for the sake of sps, fish and dows midfield minutes has cost us games this year imo (maybe him his job). I said at half time last night we need to start with crippa Ed and murph. What did we do? Started with those 3 and we won the centre clearance. The boys should be rotated in around them and made to EARN it.

100%, we can ease them in there instead of throwing them in the deep end and being dogmatic about it, like bolts was.

My eyes are always what I go by Bob.
As for clique......really......what exactly is that? Explain it to me by all means.
I been watching the game a long time mate....seen a lot of good players...Murph is in there with them and has given everything in a lousy era...anyone can do it when they're winning.

I want him with ball in hand and I dont care if he tackles or not. His footy brain is worth more than 5 burly tacklers. He was the one that got us back in the game last night with clever ball movement and incessant run. But he wasnt the one that lost it.

Bullshit. game was un the balance with 3 minutes to go. Macrae ran straight over the top of him knowing he wouldn't even lay a finger on him....

Name on person in history who has ever been popular 'shooting' Bambi. Clearly you care not for popularity on here - wot is the matter with you?
not a great choice of direction......

After ragging on Murph for his performances so far this year I gotta say I was happy for him last night. He had a good game and it was good to see good on him and I hope he keeps going
He was also coming off his best game of the year vs the pies when Mumford took him out for a month in the 1st qtr.

"are we" Carlton or are we Murphy????????

For those that Want Murphy don't like this post..

For those that want Carlton to be Successful from 2019!!

Discuss.

This makes no sense.

Murphy in the side makes the side better in 2019 than a side without Murphy.

Who do you want to replace him? Is he our worst player in the 22 according to you?

If we had GWS’s embarrassment of riches laying on the sidelines we maybe able to drop him, but at worst he’s still our 4th best mid (if you put him behind crippa, Walsh and Ed).

********. game was un the balance with 3 minutes to go. Macrae ran straight over the top of him knowing he wouldn't even lay a finger on him....
Maybe have a look at the sitters we missed many of which were set up by Murphs run and kicks. The game should have been done and dusted in the third....

And come on...whats this clique thing I am accused of ?

Back