Review Round 11, 2019: Essendon v Box Hill Hawks, 15 June 2019, 2.00pm @ Windy Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree that Ross has a big future, but i reckon he needs a fair few kg before he becomes a regular. Looking forward to him playing though..
I see him a lot. He’s a stick figure.

I was there for only the second half today. I must admit, I was an uninformed “bring CJ in” person but today confirmed to me that he could do with some more development in the VFL. He made a few silly blues and is very raw. I like him though, he has all the attributes and athleticism to suggest that he’ll be a player. He’s just a little further off it than I had talked myself into believing.

I liked the work of Harry Morrison today, I’d like him to get the call up ASAP. Him along with Lewis, who along with McEvoy is the only bloke on the list that you get your hopes up entering a high ball contested marking situation. Pump the games into him.

I was there for only the second half today. I must admit, I was an uninformed “bring CJ in” person but today confirmed to me that he could do with some more development in the VFL. He made a few silly blues and is very raw. I like him though, he has all the attributes and athleticism to suggest that he’ll be a player. He’s just a little further off it than I had talked myself into believing.

I liked the work of Harry Morrison today, I’d like him to get the call up ASAP. Him along with Lewis, who along with McEvoy is the only bloke on the list that you get your hopes up entering a high ball contested marking situation. Pump the games into him.

Agreed. In low scoring games the mob would crucify CJ for his mistakes

Ross would prob wanna stay at box hill. No way he will kick goals at AFL the way we move the ball into our Fwd 50.

As true as this statement may be, it is a sad indictment on where our club sits at this point of time.
Finals are highly unlikely and it provides the perfect opportunity for kids like Ross but
as you have said, it would just kill the kids confidence and set his development back.

As true as this statement may be, it is a sad indictment on where our club sits at this point of time.
Finals are highly unlikely and it provides the perfect opportunity for kids like Ross but
as you have said, it would just kill the kids confidence and set his development back.
Still I hope we give him a go. Deserves it has been very consistent.

ZLM9XTF.png

7K8ubVw.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did the boxhill listed players go today.

There were only 6 of them and only three whom I could recognise easily. Killer stood out a bit with his dark hair and got a bit of the ball he wasn’t bad at all, I thought he could have made the best list. Meadows did a few nice things so he was ok, don’t know that he is good enough by foot to play AFL and that might be why he was overlooked in the recent draft. If he and Scully were playing in the same like the preseason intra-club, I’d find it hard to tell them apart. All players should be issued with a unique hairstyle at the start of each season and forced to stick with it for the rest of their careers to facilitate recognition. Boucher tried hard. I found it very hard to recognise Maloney but he it involved a bit I hope but it could have been some one else. At +80mwith no radio call, no reception, they are very hard to identity unlike say Hams, Brolic and all the others who have now left. Mascitti does not register with me at all being ex Port but he was ok and I had no idea what a Reinbold was but I think he was a 23rd man so at least I have an excuse with that one.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back