Autopsy vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I really feel sorry for Cunners in his 200th, ok he was beaten by DeBoer, but the best way for him to beat a tag is to actually get his hands on the pill, as he hasn't got the pace to run away from it, seeing Goldy was completely owned by Mummy for the most part, he was pushing :poo: uphill.

Ben Cunnington DID get his hands on the ball a LOT. He just couldn't get away an effective disposal as he was being tackled (often before he took possession but that's beside the point.)

Umpiring was 💩

The youngsters; LDU, Zurhaar, Jy, all had quiet games after being very good the last few weeks which is expected with youth.

Goldy and Cunners were violated all game and got nothing from the maggots.

Anyone who says BBB is soft needs to be locked up and throw away the key, that poor buggar has the ball kicked to him 100 times a game, whilst 2-3 defenders hang off him on the ground and then the ‘fliers’ smash the pack and usually directly into BBB’s back/ribs, yet he still makes a contest and then butters up all over again.
His body must be like crepe paper after every game. Much respect.

Backline; Taz, Hunter and Marley all excellent, Durds and Jasper did some good stuff, but LMac did one good thing for the day.

Midfield destroyed apart from TT whose going to be a star.

Larkey is bloody good.

In the end the AFL’s plastic beast with their 6 million first round draft picks, coupled with Gils EOFY umpiring bonuses to the maggots we’re just too good.
Agree whole heartedly. I would have summed it up pretty much the same

There was evidence alright.

We've done enough damage to ourselves that the outcome of this match basically decided the rest of our season.

We'll win what we should and be mid table no where. But we'll find out if Shaw can coach and we'll find out what some players are made of.

We could have played finals this year if we actually started the season ready to play.

Expect Cunnington to be tagged week in , week out from now on
Only when Higgins is out.
Yeah still needs to grow into his body and get some more confidence. Might be time for a run in the 2s, get his hands on the pill 30 times

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he goes back to the twos he needs to be instructed to run with it and not give it off. We need it with the better users. He is a good deliverer and needs to see what he can do.

Our inside 50 number is a bit misleading.

We were bombing it in to about 35 out more than we usually do. That elevates our inside 50 number.

And it didn’t work overly well. Their backline (aka “the punchable heads”) had a field day. Unless Kanye roved it - twice - it got rebounded with interest.
McDonald at least twice missed open players in the middle 70 out and bombed it into three on one's where defensive marks were taken 50 out. Still with this under ten stuff? Frustrates me no end

Some of LDU’s ball use to the forward line was sublime. Just need to get fitter and stronger and get it more.

Thomas has star quality all over. Same as LDU though.

Our midfield was exposed in the second half. We have 2 elite players. One was injured, one blanketed. We have battering rams, Jack and Jed, and kids.

I’d kill for an elite ball user off hb.

Was great to see Kanye kick a couple nice goals tonight. And this from the commentators: "That's the smarts of a really classy small Forward."
Good on him, he's having a much better year so far. I'm backing him to keep it going too, now that he's got Zurhaar in there with him. It wasn't so apparent tonight, but the last couple matches I've really enjoyed watching the dynamic those two pull together leading up to goal. It's like big dog/little dog. Love it.
I have been harsh on Turner but he was good last week and even better this week. Still don't think that Turner, Garner, and zurhaar can play in the one side. Were worth slightly more than one player between the three of them today. Some thought needs to go into using ziebel and Cunnington for times in one of those three spots allowing us another midfielder me thinks.

I think this game highlighted our need for list improvement in our midfield pretty starkly. Physicality is great at the moment and essential in a premiership side but we want to excel in all facets and class is lacking.

I’m not sure how the club plans to do it but the big fish approach has failed to date and to continue solely down that road would be negligent. Do they plan on some speculative draft picks, do they really have faith in our recruiter to pick some gems or do they try to trade in some more picks? Trading for guys like Higgins and Polec has definitely been a success but not the Martins and Gaffs. Not sure what the answer is but they need to revisit a plan for this no question.

A quality ball user off half-back as said previously would also not go astray.

Shaw promising thus far but our problem is we can’t test him across an off-season, which is where strategic foresight and planning is really tested and was a big weakness of Scott AFAIC. But as an in-season coach Shaw has shown enough for me definitely.

Some of LDU’s ball use to the forward line was sublime. Just need to get fitter and stronger and get it more.

Thomas has star quality all over. Same as LDU though.

Our midfield was exposed in the second half. We have 2 elite players. One was injured, one blanketed. We have battering rams, Jack and Jed, and kids.

I’d kill for an elite ball user off hb.
Thought that was supposed to be Polec. Or Hall. Polec too often used to firefight. Needs to get out on his own as the option more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaw promising thus far but our problem is we can’t test him across an off-season, which is where strategic foresight and planning is really tested and was a big weakness of Scott AFAIC. But as an in-season coach Shaw has shown enough for me definitely.

Should be able to see some change by around round 15.

Stripping it back to simple terms has been good.

However, we need to do more than play down the line.

Physicality is the foundation. It needs to work in conjunction with a higher risk game plan. Bite off the 45. Play the boundary and the corridor. Let players feed off each other.

Right now we have a crack and try to play safe round the edges.

Shaw was beaten today and at selection. It's ok, it's only game 3 and the season was f***ed before he ook over.

Good encapsulation of where we're at today. Better than 2-7, good enough to go with the big boys for a while, but in the end not up to it. The only real disappointments for me today were

1) Three games in and Shaw still hasn't given Ahern a run. Has to be in the best 22 when Higgins is out. Something's going on here but was hoping whatever it was ended when Brad left.
2) Ball movement. Ugh. There's a fear of Rhyce just being Brad 2.0 in the last two weeks.
2) 0-2 at Blundstone. 7k watching with our real home ground unused today. So much for our fortress.

These are exactly the same tactics that Ben Jacobs uses as a tagger. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Not sure why everyone is whinging about it.
Couldn't agree more. De Boer/Jacobs approach it similarly.

Neither comes from the tagging school of Libba, Crowley etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back