Who are your team's most important 5 players currently?

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who's most important for your team to play well? Doesnt necessarily need to be ur best.

1. Walters
2. Fyfe
3. Blakely
4. Hill
5. Ryan

Last edited:

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
In order of importance:

1. Hawkins
2. Dangerfield
3. Kelly
4. Stewart
5. Ablett

Kelly probably deserves to be 2 but he hasn’t quite got that ‘put the team on his shoulders’ importance that Dangerfield has

Thats surprisin. Wouldnt have thought tomahawk is 1. But yea hes been great for so long. Wouldve loved to see him play in the 90s. 1000 goal kicker for sure.

Funnily enough id probably have rohan ahead of ablett.

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1. Ricky Henderson
2. James Sicily
3. Ben McEvoy
4. James Worpel
5. Liam Shiels

And alot our supporters think we aren’t cooked!!!

Our best and fairest winner this year is going to be a 31 year old that was a crows reject...I love Henderson and he’s been a wonderful pick up, but if he’s a best and fairest winner, you’re list is in big trouble...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

VicBased

Club Legend
May 3, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeo.
Shuey.
Gaff.
J.K.
Nic Nat coming back.
Also special mention to Hurn.

woopedazz

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
1. Ricky Henderson
2. James Sicily
3. Ben McEvoy
4. James Worpel
5. Liam Shiels

Our best and fairest winner this year is going to be a 31 year old that was a crows reject...I love Henderson and he’s been a wonderful pick up, but if he’s a best and fairest winner, you’re list is in big trouble...

Love Hendo, but yeah... not good.

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wonder about carlton.

Curnow would be best 3, but wouldnt be best 3 in importance maybe..

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
You’re correct. I misread the topic...I was going “current best 5”... Doherty is elite and is absolutely in the blues top 2 most important players.

Nah i made a mistake in the title earlier. Had best instead of important. Sry my fault.
I reckon for hawks,

Mitchell
Omeara
McEvoy
Gunston
Sicily

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Thats surprisin. Wouldnt have thought tomahawk is 1. But yea hes been great for so long. Wouldve loved to see him play in the 90s. 1000 goal kicker for sure.

Funnily enough id probably have rohan ahead of ablett.

Rohan’s been excellent and I’ll be the first to admit I’m from the ‘it’s not how many, it’s what you do with it’ brigade but I can’t go past Ablett’s decision making and finishing. Of his 20-ish touches a game, 15 of them are telling I’d guess.

Hawkins isn’t necessarily the best player but he’s the one we can least afford to lose.

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rohan’s been excellent and I’ll be the first to admit I’m from the ‘it’s not how many, it’s what you do with it’ brigade but I can’t go past Ablett’s decision making and finishing. Of his 20-ish touches a game, 15 of them are telling I’d guess.

Hawkins isn’t necessarily the best player but he’s the one we can least afford to lose.

Yup i get that. Quite easily first one on the team sheet. Also as someone else posted rhys Stanley has suddenly become super important. real surprise there.

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1. Ricky Henderson
2. James Sicily
3. Ben McEvoy
4. James Worpel
5. Liam Shiels

Changed to most important:

1. Tom Mitchell- our season was over the second he got injured.

2. Ben McEvoy- when you have a bottom 4 midfield, a good ruck is crucial. Before his injury he was a top 4 ruckman in the league

3. James Sicily- our best and only a grade defender. If he plays poorly, our backline struggles... great move Clarko and co dropping Mitch Lewis to play Sicily forward on Friday night...seriously!!!

4. Jack Gunston- an elite forward that is forced to play a range of positions due to the current state of our list. Has had an extremely poor season for what he can produce. His poor form is a big reason we are struggling this season.

5. Isaac Smith- the loss of Bradley hill was extremely costly. Having he and Isaac on each wing was a huge reason behind our success from 2012-2015. He’s one of only a couple of players we have that can break the lines and has had an extremely poor season. Has had an ankle and hand injury...if the bulldogs offer a first round or early second round pick he will be traded.

Baird

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Grundy
Adams
De Goey
Moore

And then I guess Treloar? Hard to rank he, sidebottom and pendlebury.
You could also argue Cox deserves to be there. Maynard also close

Back