Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Consolaçao

All Australian
May 22, 2007
Melbourne Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Phnom Penh Utd (curling)
Is it just me, or has there been a slight improvement in recent weeks? I’ve sensed a small reduction in the insipid banter and more focus on actually interpreting and explaining the game. Almost like there has been some form of intervention?
Of course I may have just been imagining things... curious as to whether anyone else has noticed the same?

Yesterdays NM v GWS game was pretty good commentary.

Maybe because they were frozen to their seats but it was simple, no over the top banter but called the game, made some good comments and made it ok to watch.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Really?
Dwayne made it unlistenable yet again.

apparently next year when Bruce goes to the Olympics, the 2 choices for replacements are James Brayshaw and Hamish McLachlan. Watch them screw this up.
JB works well with either of Bruce and BT
With Bruce they're a professional duo.
With BT is actually forces him to be the more astute if that makes sense and leave the bullshit to others.
BT and Bruce are terrible FWIW

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
As difficult as it is to overlook his smug persona and just general flogginess, I actually rate Hamish as a caller - has a good voice for the telly and I don't notice too many mistakes coming from him.

JB much like Huddo just lets his high-pitch voice ruin some great moments. Good caller in general who doesn't stuff up and actually knows what he's talking about but when something exciting happens, he ought to put the headset down and let somebody else take over.

Yesterdays NM v GWS game was pretty good commentary.

Maybe because they were frozen to their seats but it was simple, no over the top banter but called the game, made some good comments and made it ok to watch.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn’t that the Foxtel team, not 7?

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
As difficult as it is to overlook his smug persona and just general flogginess, I actually rate Hamish as a caller - has a good voice for the telly and I don't notice too many mistakes coming from him.

JB much like Huddo just lets his high-pitch voice ruin some great moments. Good caller in general who doesn't stuff up and actually knows what he's talking about but when something exciting happens, he ought to put the headset down and let somebody else take over.
not bad at all as long as he keeps his opinions and analysis to himself. just call what he sees and no problem

Consolaçao

All Australian
May 22, 2007
Melbourne Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Phnom Penh Utd (curling)
Is it just me, or has there been a slight improvement in recent weeks? I’ve sensed a small reduction in the insipid banter and more focus on actually interpreting and explaining the game. Almost like there has been some form of intervention?
Of course I may have just been imagining things... curious as to whether anyone else has noticed the same?
Spoke too soon. BT and Basil even more awful than usual tonight.

Ch 7 forcing a disgraced convicted drug cheat on the footballing public in a special comments role in the * v GWS game this past Thursday night.
Disgraceful.
Meh, he's done his time. Is it really any worse than a convicted wife beater being seen as one of their main special comments guys?

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
It amazes me how this guy has survived in the media for over 20 years when all he really does is just roll up and talk about the game he saw on TV the night before through the bottom of a beer glass. Anyone on this forum could do that. It's like the time he spent on SEN where he sat in back reading the paper most of the time. Could you imagine Brownless actually trying to work for a living? :)
He epitomises the "boys club" When you're best mates with mcguire, (prez of coll and prez of the boys club ) you have employment for life.

Back